+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Friends, Just a question. How many Sponsor's have linked the application to their cic account?
I have heard that it should be the Applicant who should link the application to their own cic account. Will that be an issue in processing the application? Please advice
Either sponsor or applicants can link the application to CIC account. But, only one account can be linked at a time. You also need to send "Use of a representative form" to CIC and appoint yourself as representative if you - the sponsor - wants to link it to you CIC account. So, you need to make a decision on who (the sponsor or applicants) is better at arranging document requests and immigration matters. If your parents are not good at managing immigration matters or have difficulty with language etc, then I suggest that it's better to appoint yourself as their representative, so you can manage requests from CIC in a timely manner.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
LVO is asking for RCMP Criminal Record Check. Is this the name based? Or the certified check?
Here is the link to CRC from RCMP. I'm not sure if CIC is asking for certified check which requires finger prints etc. You may want to pose that question to your LVO directly so you can provide them the required PCC.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
how about your case? i saw yours was received on Aug 13,
My file was received by Ottawa office on 10 May 2018.
Got AOR on 17 July 2018.
Then I got SA on 5 Nov 2018.
Received Second AOR from Singapore LVO on 22 Nov, 2018.
Received both the medical and PCC requests on 24 Jan, 2019.

I sent an email to Singapore LVO right after I sent PCC and they replied the next day confirming the receipt of PCC. My dad is undergoing additional medical tests which will take him another month or so. If he was not required to do that, I believe my case would have been completed by now. That's my case in a nutshell.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks. Done that. How long does it take before they reply?
It usually takes them about 10 business days to reply. But, it can be sooner too. You should also receive a confirmation email that your message has been sent. Save that email and use it as an attachment in your next inquiry if you did not receive any reply from them.

Reactions: Waiting_Kills

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Received medical request yesterday for my Parents.. here is the updated timeline

* Medical Request - 15-Feb-2019
* Sponsorship DM - 8-Feb-2019
* AOR - 11-Nov-2018
* Application sent - 15-Aug-2018
My GCKey today changed the status to "Application/Profile Updated"

And after clicking into it, the 2nd row changes to "Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."

But I haven't received any file/email, not even SA.
The status changes back to "submitted", but the detail still shows "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Hey guys so my parents application is they are just waiting for the last one PCC of my mom, that’s all they need to submit, I just wanna ask if anyone experience that IRCC call or email the co sponsor,? I’m the sponsor then my husband is the co sponsor but I wanna move out like I wanna be separate to my husband I’m just worried that it’s gonna affect the application of my parents

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All, sending a very informative document for seniors in Ontario, sorry this is only Ontario but assuming all provinces have something like this. Since we're all calling our parents this should be a good read. Apologies in advance for sending this if it's something you all have already seen. Will be most helpful to understand health and drug coverage benefits.

https://files.ontario.ca/seniors-guide-english-web.pdf
Yes great information but it is a pamphlet but they are painting a pretty rosy picture. For example getting help in your home is pretty difficult if you aren't very sick. Even if you are sick you'll be expecting a lot more hours than you may receive. Many of these programs will be gone soon under the Ford government or will be found under another name. The last things is because you are financially responsible for your parents for 20 years many parts of the pamphlet focuses on Canadians that have lived, worked and saved in Canada. Just warning people.

katewilson76

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
BC
Visa Office......
London
London LVO has picked up on a very bad habit of sending pre-arrival letters but then doing security check and taking very long for it till medical expires. Done this to few people now I think including Yulia.

Spartan84 is another user hit by this bad habit.
so what can we do about it ?