11/12/2014
File Transfer...
12/03/2014
Med's Request
01/30/2015
Med's Done....
01/31/2015
I received this request for PCC:
Each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, please provide an updated Police Certificate.
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Malayer

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi,

My father arrived on 17th Feb. He is 80 years of age. I am going to apply for his Social Insurance Number, Provincial Health Care Card and open a Bank account. Can anyone guide if I am missing something?
no. that's it

Reactions: inderjit_singh

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Dear Friends,
I have a question regarding medical exam ..

what are the things they check (or reject someone for)? my parents are overall ok, no major illness, however mother has osteoporosis, do they reject in such cases? If anyone has experience/knowledge, please let me know...

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
correct me if i'm wrong,

so you saw DM on ecas and called them, then they told you the correspondence was sent to you via MAIL and you requested an EMAIL version,

right??
Ecas is DM and noted that correspondence was sent to me on feb 5 but didn’t receive so i called last week and they sent an email yesterday with that approval letter.
Checked ecas today and still decision made but when i clicked the underlined status it’s now stating that they sent the letter on Feb 18.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Ecas is DM and noted that correspondence was sent to me on feb 5 but didn’t receive so i called last week and they sent an email yesterday with that approval letter.
Checked ecas today and still decision made but when i clicked the underlined status it’s now stating that they sent the letter on Feb 18.
I also saw recent activity on my gckey account with update status under background check review.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
so did you request an email version? or they just sent you one after the call without asking??

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Dear Friends,
I have a question regarding medical exam ..

what are the things they check (or reject someone for)? my parents are overall ok, no major illness, however mother has osteoporosis, do they reject in such cases? If anyone has experience/knowledge, please let me know...
I don’t think it’s of major concern, there are more severe cases out there like heart problems. They are more looking into communicable diseases like TUberculosis or HIV, Hepatitis etc.

Reactions: rajtoronto

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
so did you request an email version? or they just sent you one after the call without asking??
The one that i spoke to sent a note to the officer to resend me that correspondence. She mentioned that they will send it to me by email or mail which i did finally receive yesterday by email. But the correspondence that they sent on feb 5 as noted on ecas, I didn’t receive at all. Looks like a technical problem i guess.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
The one that i spoke to sent a note to the officer to resend me that correspondence. She mentioned that they will send it to me by email or mail which i did finally receive yesterday by email. But the correspondence that they sent on feb 5 as noted on ecas, I didn’t receive at all. Looks like a technical problem i guess.
likely i gonna call them again... cuz even the slowest flat mail from Ottawa to Toronto is only 3-4 days under the CP strike,

Reactions: Gjs40

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Hi,

My father arrived on 17th Feb. He is 80 years of age. I am going to apply for his Social Insurance Number, Provincial Health Care Card and open a Bank account. Can anyone guide if I am missing something?
In some provinces, waiting period for goverment health insurance is up to three months. I recommend to purchase a private health insurance for him for the waiting period if you have not done yet!