+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
PLEASE GUIDE ME TO A LINK OR ANSWER MY QUESTION. I TRIED TO FIND SOME INFO BUT COULDN'T. DOES ANY ONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT PCC UPFRONT FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS VISA

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
PLEASE GUIDE ME TO A LINK OR ANSWER MY QUESTION. I TRIED TO FIND SOME INFO BUT COULDN'T. DOES ANY ONE HAS ANY EXPERIENCE ABOUT PCC UPFRONT FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS VISA
It is advised that PCC should be produced once requested by IRCC.
In Document Checklist they have specifically mentioned that.

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
I'm not sponsoring my step grand dad but I would like to sponsor them in near future as well as , I just wanted to put step grand dad's name in all applications so cic will not confused in future, but the issue I've is all my moms documents have old fathers name who was divorced in 60s,

Do you think only notarized affidavits are okay for CIC ?
You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents related by blood or adoption, so step grandparents are excluded and won't be sponsored.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/who-you-can-sponsor.html

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
As PCC has a validity only for 6 months, l wouldn't bother until get a request from IRCC.

Last edited:

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
Dears, I have a query On Form IMM 5748 INCOME SOURCES FOR THE SPONSORSHIP OF PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS

Under Source of Income - (e) Amounts Paid to you under the Employment Insurance Act, other than the special benefits.

Does Severance Pay comes under special benefits ?? Please advise.

Thanks.
Hello,
The severance pay is considered employment pay and is not treated like EI. So your severance total should count as a part of your employment income from the employer. Hope that helps.

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hello,
The severance pay is considered employment pay and is not treated like EI. So your severance total should count as a part of your employment income from the employer. Hope that helps.
Thanks @sam1986 it definitely helps!!

I was bit confused as I had gone through https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/earnings-chart.html#bonus

In this link they have mentioned about Severance Pay
See under "Is this type of money considered as earnings and the applicable Employment Insurance Regulation"

Not sure if I am getting confused!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Dears, I have a query On Form IMM 5748 INCOME SOURCES FOR THE SPONSORSHIP OF PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS

Under Source of Income - (e) Amounts Paid to you under the Employment Insurance Act, other than the special benefits.

Does Severance Pay comes under special benefits ?? Please advise.

Thanks.
Severance pay will show up on your T4 and you should see it there. It’s not special benefit.

On the income sources form, there’s a link (in blue color) to EI special benefit section. Click on the link and read which items fall under “special benefit”. CIC gave you all the information right at your fingertips!

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Severance pay will show up on your T4 and you should see it there. It’s not special benefit.

On the income sources form, there’s a link (in blue color) to EI special benefit section. Click on the link and read which items fall under “special benefit”. CIC gave you all the information right at your fingertips!
Thanks Dear for your response and input.

I am not able to see anything specific to Severance Pay on my T4. In which box they enter ?

All I can some amount in Box 67 and Box 52

God Bless!!

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
It is advised that PCC should be produced once requested by IRCC.
In Document Checklist they have specifically mentioned that.
THE REASON I AM ASKING IS MY MOM IS COMING HERE TO CANADA IN MARCH AND I AM A HOPEFUL CANDIDATE TO GET INVITATION THIS YEAR. WILL THERE BE AN ISSUE IF WE SEND IT UPFRONT. DID ANY ONE HAS ANY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE SENDING PCC UPFRONT.

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
THE REASON I AM ASKING IS MY MOM IS COMING HERE TO CANADA IN MARCH AND I AM A HOPEFUL CANDIDATE TO GET INVITATION THIS YEAR. WILL THERE BE AN ISSUE IF WE SEND IT UPFRONT. DID ANY ONE HAS ANY NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE SENDING PCC UPFRONT.
From which country your mother is coming from? Once she will be here she can reach out to High Commission of that country and they can issue the PCC here. It should not be an issue.
You can wait for seniors' advise.

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018
Regarding travel history, do I need to just fill out IMM 5562? Or supporting documents such as copies of previous passports, visas, entry and exit stamps, etc need to be attached as well?

riyopenapples

Feb 8, 2019
Hello Everyone! Me and my mom are being sponsored by my brother in Canada. We are May 2018 applicants. We received sponsorship approval on Feb. 7, 2019 and they said that our papers are forwarded to LVO. What is the next step after this?

Thank you in advance.

Jose42

Nov 2, 2018
Thanks Dear for your response and input.

I am not able to see anything specific to Severance Pay on my T4. In which box they enter ?

All I can some amount in Box 67 and Box 52

God Bless!!
Severance pays usually will have T4 slips being sent out so you have to claim the amount as income if you asked it to be paid directly to you as suppose to moving it to an RSP. Hope this helps!