+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello PGP 2018 community,

I am new around here so thank you everyone for sharing your timeline. It is really helpful to know how are things moving along and have a place to find some advice based in your experience.

I got a pretty disturbing letter for the PGP 2018 application intake. I would like to know if anyone else has received anything like this.

""" Our records show that the person who has been invited to make an application has submitted duplicate forms...

Consequently, your application will not be processed or be put in queue for processing under the PGP cap for 2018 """

The web page specifically said: "Do not submit the form than once. Doing so will not increase your chances of being chosen to apply to sponsor. We will remove duplicated form"

Nowhere it said "doing so will completely disqualify you from sponsoring your parents".

Have anyone received a letter like this? Have you appeal? if so... how?

Thanks in advance!
So they sent you an invitation to sponsor your parents and then sent you this letter ? I remember someone else mentioned something like the contents of this letter a while back on this thread.

Curious, did you really submit the form multiple times ?

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Decision made on Ecas account but no email and no message on cic account
No PPR
Any idea how many days after pre arrival you get PPR
I got pre arrival letter on 21st July.I got PPR request on 20th Aug.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Guys who edit SS - would you please correct LVO Ottawa to Kiev - it should be on my line (now #44), instead of 45. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
So they sent you an invitation to sponsor your parents and then sent you this letter ? I remember someone else mentioned something like the contents of this letter a while back on this thread.

Curious, did you really submit the form multiple times ?
Yeah, that was this past weekend. Message #6113 on Page 408

Reactions: razerblade

Pravi patel

Sep 1, 2018
I just called today to IRCC regarding my file which was delivered on 18 may

And got bad news that they returned my file and removed from que due to duplication of interest to to sponsor......

Some has any idea what to do next ?

pareyles

Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2012 : CIO-NS Recv by D. MacNeil
Nomination.....
19-09-2012 : Ontario PNP - FSW Backlog Program
AOR Received.
07-01-2013 (CC Charged - 05-Dec-2012)
Med's Request
29-01-2013
Med's Done....
01-02-2013 ; eCAS Medical Received 14-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2013 ; PP sent : 06-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2013
How is that possible -> duplication of interest to sponsor?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009

And got bad news that they returned my file and removed from que due to duplication of interest to to sponsor......

Looks like IRCC selected many more people than available 10000 quota. Now they are rejecting anybody with minor issue. On top of that they went for 2nd round. Bloody idiots.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello All,

My parents has gone through the medical last week but I just wanted to know where I can check the medical status that if it is submitted and if it is passed :

This is what I see for now :

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My question is that where it will say that medical is received or passed,
Any one can please post their example/screenshot of the medical status

Thanks,

Pravi patel

Sep 1, 2018
Hello PGP 2018 community,

I am new around here so thank you everyone for sharing your timeline. It is really helpful to know how are things moving along and have a place to find some advice based in your experience.

I got a pretty disturbing letter for the PGP 2018 application intake. I would like to know if anyone else has received anything like this.

""" Our records show that the person who has been invited to make an application has submitted duplicate forms...

Consequently, your application will not be processed or be put in queue for processing under the PGP cap for 2018 """

The web page specifically said: "Do not submit the form than once. Doing so will not increase your chances of being chosen to apply to sponsor. We will remove duplicated form"

Nowhere it said "doing so will completely disqualify you from sponsoring your parents".

Have anyone received a letter like this? Have you appeal? if so... how?

Thanks in advance!
Hello ...I m in same situation as you ...it’s frustrating.....I don’t know what to do next

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

Did you submit more than 1 time with different address in the 2018 draw?

Pravi patel

Sep 1, 2018
Hello ...I m in same situation as you ...it’s frustrating.....I don’t know what to do next
Can anyone suggest me ....should I hire a lawyer......or wait till next year and reapply
Pls s
Did you submit more than 1 time with different address in the 2018 draw?
yes I did bacs my passport and my citizenship card has different name so I send 2 time with correct name
So may be that’s the problem.....

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

oh, they start to punish people