+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Ok , today I called CIC to inquire about my mothers sponsorship and they gave me "potential" file number
My package was received May 23 ( deadline was 25th )

is this a good sign ? what does it mean . I still cant find any record when I search by my UCI
Yes it's very good sign as you have got an info that your package didn't lost and you have received a file# as well(maybe it's temproray).. yesterday one of us messaged that they have got the temporary file# as no visa officer have reviewed there package yet :)
All the best for rest! :)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well this is sad to hear from you - I think it's been done
is there anything like they will be increasing the number of applications this year ? i saw an article but couldn't find anything related on cic website.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Form IMM5669, Personal History, do I need to fill out parents each and every travel out of country? My mom travels many times a year and that would be alot to fill out.

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
Thank you for replying , one last question , do you think that temporary file number means there is possibility of rejection ? or is it just a stage of reviewing files ?

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
is there anything like they will be increasing the number of applications this year ? i saw an article but couldn't find anything related on cic website.
yeah you are right - I read news as well that they will increased this quota to 17000 in next year :)

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Thank you for replying , one last question , do you think that temporary file number means there is possibility of rejection ? or is it just a stage of reviewing files ?
would say just the stage of the file - Even though if there's something missing, they will contact you to provide that doc... they won;t reject your application - it'll be alright :)

Reactions: Sarah86

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Ok , today I called CIC to inquire about my mothers sponsorship and they gave me "potential" file number
My package was received May 23 ( deadline was 25th )

is this a good sign ? what does it mean . I still cant find any record when I search by my UCI
It means your application has been received, but hasn't started processing yet. You will get AOR once they make sure you submitted all the required documents, and the forms are correctly signed.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
hmmm Yeah I tried googled CIC website as well - but couldn't find any info... so not too sure too :)

Hi everyone it's me again sorry so I just called CIC to ask for the instruction letter for their pcc, so the agent said we need to submit the form use of representative and it will take 5-10 business days before it will update, the thing is the due date is sept 01 to upload all the docs, I'm just not sure if they need to submit pcc from Canada coz they stayed here for almost a year, they just left Canada last MAY 2018, and can I ask you guys if how can I get them a pcc from here in Canada thanks in advance

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hi everyone it's me again sorry so I just called CIC to ask for the instruction letter for their pcc, so the agent said we need to submit the form use of representative and it will take 5-10 business days before it will update, the thing is the due date is sept 01 to upload all the docs, I'm just not sure if they need to submit pcc from Canada coz they stayed here for almost a year, they just left Canada last MAY 2018, and can I ask you guys if how can I get them a pcc from here in Canada thanks in advance
I think the best approach is to go to nearest police office and have your parents passport details and everything along with representative signed form(that you are applying this behalf of your parents)