+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks so much for the info. Also they say that we have to submit the forms by Oct 5th. I live in Mississauga and parents are in India. So I have to send them the filled forms and they have to sign them and return back right. Do they have to provide any documents from their side?
Yes, I will recommend you to fill the forms for them. After that you can print and courier the forms to your parents for their original signatures.

You will require following documents from your parents
1. Signed forms
2. Copies of Passports
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Photographs as per IRCC specifications

Do not forget to provide Use of Representative (IMM 5476) form. This will require your parent's signature.

The details are in the checklist https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5771e.pdf

Fantastic23

Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

Please input my information.

Invitation Received: Mar 20
Application received:May 9
ECAS updated to "application received": Aug 01
No AOR yet!
Country of Citizenship: Iran

Reactions: YULIA-2016

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,

My concern is that currently I am not working and on EI benefits. I am trying to find another job very soon though. But will this affect my application?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

My concern is that currently I am not working and on EI benefits. I am trying to find another job very soon though. But will this affect my application?
You better find a job soon. EI doesn't count as income and they can request your income info while the application is being processed.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

As long as you meet the income requirement till your parents land in Canada, you don't have to worry a lot, however its given that you will need a job to maintain the income level.

Reactions: lovemyparents

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
For those who were wondering how the upload option after clicking on 'View Submission' (in MyCIC account) looks like, below is the screen shot:

CIC hasn't asked any additonal document from me since I got my AOR and I was able to link it to my dad's CIC account but I dont have an upload file option?

What if I need to upload something and they ask me to do through the CIC account?

ttan123

Aug 1, 2018
@YULIA-2016 Please update the spreadsheet, current Line# 48.
I received the below email today for Medical, PCC, & Travel History. About half hour after the email received an update on MyCIC

My Timeline:
01-May-2018 - Application Received
06-July-2018 - AOR Received
10-July-2018 - ECAS updated to In-Process
20-July-2018 - ECAS updated (in Morning) to Decision Made
20-July-2018 - Sponsorship Approval letter received via email in Evening. CPC-OTTAWA assigned.
24-July-2018 - One more line added to ECAS - We sent you correspondence on July 23, 2018 about the decision on your application.

01-Aug-2018 - Received email for Medical, PCC, & Travel History
Hi @gst8486, do you mind sharing the actual email you received regarding Medical, PCC & Travel History? I got an email yesterday too. Under my parents' names, they only listed ME and Travel History. Somehow PCC is not on the list, but there is a general statement at the end of the email: "Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website...."

I am asking because my situation is a bit different since I already submitted the PCC with my original application. The reason is my parents decided to visit me here for 6 months in Canada right after I submitted the application. If cic would request for PCC later (if they wouldn't accept the prior PCC submission), my parents have to go back to their home country to reapply for PCC, which would take up to 3-4 weeks. So I am worried.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
CIC hasn't asked any additonal document from me since I got my AOR and I was able to link it to my dad's CIC account but I dont have an upload file option?

What if I need to upload something and they ask me to do through the CIC account?
You won't see these options till you see Decision Made status. After that only the upload option shows up, the time frame will depend on Visa Office. Please keep an eye on the spreadsheet to see what others timelines are like.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi @gst8486, do you mind sharing the actual email you received regarding Medical, PCC & Travel History? I got an email yesterday too. Under my parents' names, they only listed ME and Travel History. Somehow PCC is not on the list, but there is a general statement at the end of the email: "Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website...."

I am asking because my situation is a bit different since I already submitted the PCC with my original application. The reason is my parents decided to visit me here for 6 months in Canada right after I submitted the application. If cic would request for PCC later (if they wouldn't accept the prior PCC submission), my parents have to go back to their home country to reapply for PCC, which would take up to 3-4 weeks. So I am worried.
I will suggest you to call IRCC call center and discuss with them.

Click on the below link for email Letter I received:

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
You won't see these options till you see Decision Made status. After that only the upload option shows up, the time frame will depend on Visa Office. Please keep an eye on the spreadsheet to see what others timelines are like.
Thank you for letting me know, I panicked when I saw that I don't have the upload option and yes I am checking the timeline in the spreadsheet :)

Again thanks for enlightening me! :)

Reactions: gst8486

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
n
Finally got picked....now preparing forms. A question regarding the correct sequence between vaidating a form and put a date on the form.
For 1344, should I validate the form first leaving both signature and date fields blank, print out the form, then have both spronsor and PR sign and date the form by hand? Or, should I pick a date using the form's date selector, then validate the form, print it out, and just sign the form?

For Schedule A, I guess I have to enter the signature and date on the computer first, then validate it.

For the General Application form, the same process as for 1344?

I am currently in my home country with my parents , but will leave for Canada in 2 days. Anything I'd better get done before I go? Thanks
Sorry for the dump questions, but I wanna make sure whether type a date and handwrite a date make difference. Thanks.