+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
You are making me work so hard - a simple search in CIC website is your answer. This info is express entry specific but criteria would be the same:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

"Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.
Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.
After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old."
I called them today and spoke to a program manager. They said it's cumulative. Not sure which information to trust.

vividglider

Jul 17, 2018
Please update the spreadsheet: PGP 2018

Parents citizenship - Nepal
Prov - AB
PGP invitation received - March 20, 2018
SIN # and NOA both provided
Application Received in Ottawa - April 18, 2018
AOR - Application Accepted by CIC on May 3, 3018
(No ecas activity around sponsorship approval, unless the application acceptance is the confirmation of sponsorship approval, which I think is the case)

LVO - New Delhi
Information and Document Request Letter from LVO (New Delhi) - July 13, 2018 (Requested PCC and RPRF, mentioned another communication will be sent out for medical test instructions)
PCC Request - July 13, 2018
Ecas application in Process July 16, 2018
Medical Request IME - July 17, 2018

Thanks,

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Trust 'website' - unless they say, the police clearance criteria for express entry and PGP are different - which doesn't make sense.
hmm, thanks for finding that link! Got to think about how to proceed. Might try and get a PCC just to be safe. Can't screw this up for my parents.

Sucks that CIC can't document it explicitly for PGP like they did for Express Entry and IEC programs.

Last edited:

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

AutumnLeaves

Mar 25, 2018
guys, my application was sent to Mexico. In ECAS it showed "in-progress" and now is back to "appl. received" . What does this mean?

and btw, do u guys have a glossary for all terms? such SA. IME...etc

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
guys, my application was sent to Mexico. In ECAS it showed "in-progress" and now is back to "appl. received" . What does this mean?

and btw, do u guys have a glossary for all terms? such SA. IME...etc
It’s good/normal. It means Mexico received your application, I had that status as well before I got medical request.

AOR :Acknowledgement of Receipt
E-CAS :Electronic Client Application Status
LVO: Local Visa Office
NOA :Notice of Assessment
PCC police Clearance Certificate
IME :Immigration Medical Exam
PPR passport Request
RPRF :Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Reactions: AutumnLeaves

dextrousud

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
No confirmation of application received. Though, mail was received by Ottawa on May 15th. Anybody else in the same boat?

No update on ECAS, cannot link the paper application.

Zhuzhu

May 3, 2018
Hello,
Please update my line #83 on the file; AOR Received 07/17/2018, SIN provided.
I already linked the application to my GCKey account.
In the AOR letter there is a section to submit the use of representative form (I think it's the template that they use for all the AOR letters)
Do you think that it is necessary to submit the IMM 5476 form or just with the linked application I will get the email communication form CIC.
I have the same on my AOR. It does not translate to me as a request. It states that if you don't fill out the IMM 5476 properly or there is something wrong with your representative, they will send the correspondence to the sponsor's email address.
"Then, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the sponsor or principal applicant’s
email or mailing address on record as applicable. IRCC will not communicate with this
representative until a correctly completed and signed IMM 5476 is received by IRCC."

I (sponsor) provided my mom's mailing address and my email address. Did not submit the IMM 5476. Plus, I linked the application to my account.
Guys, those of you who've received the request for IMM 5476, how was it worded?

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi,

Can anyone update the spreadsheet for my status update?

Username: jhoongo
SIN/NOA: both
Application Received in Ottawa: May 9, 2018
AOR Received: July 17, 2018
E-CASE Status: Application Received (started show-up recently; two weeks ago, it was not showing anything)
CIC Online Application: Still not able to link the application

A quick question to anyone, I am still having problem with linking this application to my CIC account.
Even with the application number, they claim that they can't find/link the application.

I created an account for my mom, and entering all information from her perspective for CIC account.
Is it the sponsor that needs to create the CIC account, and link the application?
Or is it the principal applicant that needs to fill up the information from its perspective.

Also, how long does it take for you guys to be able to link the application in CIC after receiving the AOR?

Thanks,