+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
So your application was filed in 2017 I presume then?
No, 2018. It was delivered on April 11, 2018. In about 2-3 days I could see status in e-cas as "application received" for both sponsorship application and PR aplication. (If I log in with my uci I can see 2 applications, if I use my father's (main applicant) uci and personal info, then I can see only his application). Sponsor's aplication status details part had 1 line showing "we received your application to sponsor name of my father on April 11, 2018". PR part had line "Name of my father, we received your application for PR on April 11, 2018". After AoR was received (april 19, 2018) I linked the paper application to my gckey account. Last week in e-cas both applications' status changed to "in process" and additional line was added to the sponsorship part " We started processing your application on May 31, 2018". Pr part still has just one line confirming when it was received.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
No, 2018. It was delivered on April 11, 2018. In about 2-3 days I could see status in e-cas as "application received" for both sponsorship application and PR aplication. (If I log in with my uci I can see 2 applications, if I use my father's (main applicant) uci and personal info, then I can see only his application). Sponsor's aplication status details part had 1 line showing "we received your application to sponsor name of my father on April 11, 2018". PR part had line "Name of my father, we received your application for PR on April 11, 2018". After AoR was received (april 19, 2018) I linked the paper application to my gckey account. Last week in e-cas both applications' status changed to "in process" and additional line was added to the sponsorship part " We started processing your application on May 31, 2018". Pr part still has just one line confirming when it was received.
Thank you for your details.

iindian

Star Member
Mar 19, 2010
i dont know , how you guys are able to see status of application ?

i tried to put my ID and checking ecas , its just showing my citizenship application in process but not showing my parents sponsorship application or any other status :(

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014

i tried to put my ID and checking ecas , its just showing my citizenship application in process but not showing my parents sponsorship application or any other status :(
depends on when you sent your application, you will be able to check status online.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018

For those who, like myself, submitted (sending) the papers application to Ottawa and be received by April 19- May 25-ish, we kind of receive the updates on May 31 - June 3
Take a look at the timeline prepared by the good member here to see what are others' timeline...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
For those who, like myself, submitted (sending) the papers application to Ottawa and be received by April 19- May 25-ish, we kind of receive the updates on May 31 - June 3
Take a look at the timeline prepared by the good member here to see what are others' timeline...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

Hi experts, please give me advice I received the invitation letter on march 22, 2018 so Ottawa received the application on April 30, 2018, May 1, 2018 I received an email for additional form that I missed to submit, on the letter there's application number on there, May 2nd when I submitted the form, so When I was doing the application my parents are still here in canada, so in all the forms their address is my address here in Canada they stayed here for 1 year, MAy 2nd 2018 when they left Canada they are now in the Philippines , I haven't receive AOR, I still can't link the application online, so my question is can I update the immigration now for my parents address?? I'm thinking to update them so that they can transfer the application to Manila philippines before it start to process, not sure if it can cause a faster or a delay processing, please give me some advice thanks in advance , by the way I didn't put their name at the back of their picture I hope it can't be a problem

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi experts, please give me advice I received the invitation letter on march 22, 2018 so Ottawa received the application on April 30, 2018, May 1, 2018 I received an email for additional form that I missed to submit, on the letter there's application number on there, May 2nd when I submitted the form, so When I was doing the application my parents are still here in canada, so in all the forms their address is my address here in Canada they stayed here for 1 year, MAy 2nd 2018 when they left Canada they are now in the Philippines , I haven't receive AOR, I still can't link the application online, so my question is can I update the immigration now for my parents address?? I'm thinking to update them so that they can transfer the application to Manila philippines before it start to process, not sure if it can cause a faster or a delay processing, please give me some advice thanks in advance , by the way I didn't put their name at the back of their picture I hope it can't be a problem
If your parent's country of residence is Philippines, I think the local visa office that will be processing your application would be at the Philippines. But I think the best solution in your case would be to contact the IRCC and ask them directly to verify?
And by the way, if you parents stay in Canada for more than 1 year, IRCC will likely ask for the Police Clearance Certificate from Canada (typically any place you stay for more than 6 months, you will be asked to provide Police Certificate)

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
How can I contact IRCC on phone regarding status of application? I called 1 888 242 2100. It only gives self serve options.

LuckyLucia

May 27, 2018
Hi,
I didn’t put UCI and Application numbers on my Application form. I cannot use the on line service . May I please know should I do ?

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hi,
I didn’t put UCI and Application numbers on my Application form. I cannot use the on line service . May I please know should I do ?
Application number is assigned to your application, you'll get it with AoR. It is ok if you did not indicate your UCI in your application, it still exists. Just check your immigration docs - it is there. Try to log in with it. If it does not work for you, then call the call-center or share info here re error message, somebody will be able to help you.

Reactions: LuckyLucia

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hello,
According to the spreadsheet everyone on this forum who have submitted PGP application in 2018 can see the "Application Received" on their CIC online account!
Is there anyone here who sees this message after entering UCI info to check their status "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ..."??
My application was received on May 17 BTW
Thank you!

Reactions: iengineer86

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello,
According to the spreadsheet everyone on this forum who have submitted PGP application in 2018 can see the "Application Received" on their CIC online account!
Is there anyone here who sees this message after entering UCI info to check their status "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: ..."??
My application was received on May 17 BTW
Thank you!
It could be... I saw another member here whose application received early May but still not updated on the IRCC website... It may take a few more days I guess...