+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Echevema

Dec 20, 2017
2 months, but my father died a few days after he did all the doctors and medical results were receveid by cic, so i had to send death certificate and that took a while

jk9900

Dec 3, 2017
Hi All,

Need help

We filed for our parent's sponsorship in 2nd lottery of 2017.
Decision was made for sponsor in June 2018 and file was moved NDVO in June 2018.
Received an email for medical, Police clearance and RRPF request in mid-July 2018.
But received only medical forms in the CIC login created. Medicals were performed and passed in Aug 1st week.
Didn't receive any request for Police clearance and RRPF in CIC login so sent the documents by replying on the email received.
Got confirmation email in mid Sepember that documents sent by email are received.

Following is the status of the application

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So anyone can advice are we missing anything or is the application processing by normal pace ??

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Sai 13

Oct 16, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hi I am new to this forum. My parents got selected in lottery in march 2018. All the process is done. Just waiting for passport request. My mom is here in canada and my dad is in India. I want to know do my mother need to go back home for passport or else my mother can submit her passport here and my father in India.They will be coming back in May.

ripus007

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
EDMONTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
FC4
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Nomination.....
12-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018 used super visa Med's
we got passports back in 3 days :rolleyes:
Finally, got my parents Passport back yesterday .
Thanks Yulia for maintaining all this and helping us and good luck everyone.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Need help

We filed for our parent's sponsorship in 2nd lottery of 2017.
Decision was made for sponsor in June 2018 and file was moved NDVO in June 2018.
Received an email for medical, Police clearance and RRPF request in mid-July 2018.
But received only medical forms in the CIC login created. Medicals were performed and passed in Aug 1st week.
Didn't receive any request for Police clearance and RRPF in CIC login so sent the documents by replying on the email received.
Got confirmation email in mid Sepember that documents sent by email are received.

Following is the status of the application

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Application/profile details
Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

So anyone can advice are we missing anything or is the application processing by normal pace ??

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
My wife also filed for her parents sponsorship 2nd lottery in 2017 but they have already landed last month and now waiting for their PR cards. I would say yours is very slow but maybe normal for NDVO.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I am new to this forum. My parents got selected in lottery in march 2018. All the process is done. Just waiting for passport request. My mom is here in canada and my dad is in India. I want to know do my mother need to go back home for passport or else my mother can submit her passport here and my father in India.They will be coming back in May.
Contact the visa office. Btw, you should have posted it in the separate thread for 2018.

hello73

Apr 2, 2018
Hello Everyone ,
For my parents application we got an email from NDVO saying - We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependents can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada - so on

Wondering if this means application has been approved , if yes how long it will take for passport request. Also Application status on ecas is still in progress. Any help will be appreciated . Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Reactions: jagdev_1234

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone ,
For my parents application we got an email from NDVO saying - We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependents can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada - so on

Wondering if this means application has been approved , if yes how long it will take for passport request. Also Application status on ecas is still in progress. Any help will be appreciated . Thanks in advance for all the answers.
It's still early to know if app has been approved. As in the case of the timeline of that poster several replies before you, the poster probably received the pre-arrival email around the same time as when file was moved to NDVO. You wouldn't know until they passed their medicals and passport request.

Personally, I think the pre-arrival service is pretty useless.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I've heard you can

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
It's still early to know if app has been approved. As in the case of the timeline of that poster several replies before you, the poster probably received the pre-arrival email around the same time as when file was moved to NDVO. You wouldn't know until they passed their medicals and passport request.

I didn't have letter at all :)

hello73

Apr 2, 2018

Thanks Steaky, we got one pre-arrival letter in July then medical , pcc and addition documents request in Sep , then today this pre-arrival letter again which is little different from first letter we in July, Letter we got today talks about some free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada

mrmr80

Star Member
Feb 25, 2018
Hi Admin,

please update my infos.

CSQ received July 28th.

Additionnal info requested (csq, residence fees and proof of relationship) on September 4th.

Medical exam request, October 16th.
Did you receive pre-arrival services letter before?
Lucky you! I am a Québec resident too from 2nd round 2017 cap. I received CSQ on 4 june. Until now l didn't receive any correspondence about medical request or police certificate.