+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hello, the following is my status, does it mean my background check started? Thanks,

Application step, Current status

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents: We have received the additional documents you provided.

Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

hi @AnNingCanada ...is your file processing in Ottawa????

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
you passed the medical exam ( Linked account will show) a day before Medical results have been received on your ecas. for me it is.
Thanks. I did not know that. Also, I have tried to link my application with the online account, but it doesn't connect. It can't find my application. Any suggestions?

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi,

Anyone here who haven't received their official letter of sponsorship approval? My ecas showed decision made first week of June. The permanent residency application however shows "In Process" and even noting that they have started processing the application in June 13 and received medical results. I find it odd that they haven't sent the official letter though. It would be nice to know if someone out there is in the same situation as me. I would like to know how long should I wait before I contact them again.

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Thanks. I did not know that. Also, I have tried to link my application with the online account, but it doesn't connect. It can't find my application. Any suggestions?
You already passed the medical exam, the next step is receiving PPR, Ecas will show decision made first (much earlier than linked account), so watching the linked account will make you feel nervous again, if you still want to link, (many people already said) use the primary applicant ( you mom or you dad) passport information, don’t use names( case sensitive), the family size= you+co-signer+your mom+your dad= 4, try the number around 4, you can try 5 times one day. (The linked account has uploading files option, but you already emailed all the files.)

Reactions: Elena555

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

Anyone here who haven't received their official letter of sponsorship approval? My ecas showed decision made first week of June. The permanent residency application however shows "In Process" and even noting that they have started processing the application in June 13 and received medical results. I find it odd that they haven't sent the official letter though. It would be nice to know if someone out there is in the same situation as me. I would like to know how long should I wait before I contact them again.
It seemed that you haven’t linked your account.
you passed the medical exam ( Linked account will show) a day before Medical results have been received on your ecas. for me it is.
You already passed the medical exam, if you already know your local visa office, it is not necessary to call cic, ( wait time will be around 40 minutes, I called after SA, since I didn’t fill the representative form at that time, the agent didn’t tell me the progress.) the SA letter will say where your application was transferred to. Namely your local visa office, we use LVO to estimate how long we will get next step approval. If you like my answer, please click the like button.

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
It seemed that you haven’t linked your account.
You already passed the medical exam, if you already know your local visa office, it is not necessary to call cic, ( wait time will be around 40 minutes, I called after SA, since I didn’t fill the representative form at that time, the agent didn’t tell me the progress.) the SA letter will say where your application was transferred to. Namely your local visa office, we use LVO to estimate how long we will get next step approval. If you like my answer, please click the like button.
I really didn't know where my parents' application went to.. I didn't receive any official letter but when I phoned IRCC and asked what the decision was, that's when I knew it was in Ottawa but the agent added it could be forwarded to a visa office. I didn't get any official letter at all but I see the how their profile movements are thru ECAS and GCKey. This is really odd.

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
I really didn't know where my parents' application went to.. I didn't receive any official letter but when I phoned IRCC and asked what the decision was, that's when I knew it was in Ottawa but the agent added it could be forwarded to a visa office. I didn't get any official letter at all but I see the how their profile movements are thru ECAS and GCKey. This is really odd.
call IRCC to ask them send you the SA letter.

mrmr80

Star Member
Feb 25, 2018
Hi Yulia,
Do you know if anyone on the forum applying from Quebec in 2017 cap? I feel that l am stuck because l received the approved application from Quebec government with CSQ . The attached letter also showed that they notified Ottawa visa office about that stuff. Since that day my cic account & ecas show no update( in process). I am wondering if there's anything to be done from my side or l only have to wait for medical check letter.
Thanks in advance

How could I find SS?
Foget about it. I found ss.
Thanks

Ruchir

May 28, 2018
Call IRCC and ask them to send PPR again. They sent to sponsor email as well as primary applicant email..
And it came in CIC account messages too
However, the primary applicant yahoo id still did not receive that mail.. despite having correct id in the To. That remains a mystery but doesnt matter as there are sufficient copies to print from
How can one call IRCC? Any number , Yalgar? On their online portal, they asked me to submit the PCC two times for my dad and not for my mother.Need to clarify.Thanks for your help in anticipation.

Bingoye

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Your Declaration and Electronic Signature

Required Documents ChecklistRequired Documents Checklist

Ping Ye
Details Document Name Options
There are no required documents for this Online Application.

Required Documents Checklist
I singed in my Sign-In Partner and information is like above. No required documents for this Online Application.
Does it really mean I do not give them my PCC?
Thanks

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
I would say it really means you do not need to give them another PCC, but I would rather other people to answer it.
form the cic account page: "
The following documents were submitted or have been requested to support your application.
You can only provide new versions of previously submitted documents if we request it.
If you do not send the requested document by the deadline, the status will change to "Overdue" and you will not be able to submit the document. We will review your application without the requested document."
so it really means you do not need to give them another PCC.

Reactions: Bingoye