+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Hi Parthpatel2207, My file was processed at Ottawa but my parents address in application was from India so for VIsa stickers the passport request received from Ottawa was instructing to submit the passports at NDVO. So In my case, role of NDVO is just to stick the visa on passports, nothing more.
Thanks for your response....

Reactions: winningteam

mason54321

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
YYC
Visa Office......
Misa---
Hi there,

I'm PGP sponsor. I sponsored my wife under spouse sponsorship program in 2015. My parents are holding supervisa. Will these impact / slow down my PGP sponsorship application?

Thanks!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
No, For PCC & RPRF letter, I just received an e-mail. And after I received the e-mail, I noticed the option to upload the document from My CIC account was open for submission. So I submitted the soft copies by uploading there and signed it with my Dad's name while clicking Submit.
Quiet few ppl here received the same email from New Delhi but My CIC Account doesn't have the option to upload PCC yet for anyone. I see your local Visa office is Ottawa.

New Delhi is officially SLOW...

ripus007

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
EDMONTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
FC4
App. Filed.......
19-09-2017
Nomination.....
12-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
17-07-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018 used super visa Med's
please update spreadsheet E-Cas showing " In Process " now

"2. We started processing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx application on July 16, 2018."

Reactions: YULIA-2016

roshan02

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
Med's Request
25-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
I got pre-arrival services letter today and status on sponsor's page changed to decision made. Any idea how long till PPR

Reactions: YULIA-2016

MrsMN

Jun 12, 2017
It probably depends on which visa office you are directed to. For Ottawa the instructions say don't arrange any travel arrangements for at least three months, for London theirs says don't arrange any travel for 4 weeks. Needless to say I sent my mum's passport & photos to London!

sud317

Sep 21, 2011
It probably depends on which visa office you are directed to. For Ottawa the instructions say don't arrange any travel arrangements for at least three months, for London theirs says don't arrange any travel for 4 weeks. Needless to say I sent my mum's passport & photos to London!
1. What is the address for London office
2. Can tou send passports to London office if parents are in canada and their LVO is New Delhi?

dde

May 31, 2018
Hi Everyone. I have been trying to find the answers on the Immigration website as well as this forum but my skills are not working it seems. For Sponsorship of parents :
1) which police certificates do we need? (no information on IRCC website - it just loops back to instruction guide wherein there is no mention).
2) What are the instructions for medicals? It is stated not to do them in advance. Are you provided with a form via email to be taken to the doctor? Would someone please clarify? Or MyCIC? Do you receive notification?
3) how long is one given to produce the necessary police certificates and medical exams?

Thank you very much and good luck everyone!

bonus: if someone could copy/paste text from emails ( with personal details omitted) that would be amazing. Thank you again!
Ans to #3: 30days from date of the email

Shashank86

Feb 4, 2014
Hello Guys,

Does any one knows how to change the Email address and Phone number of Principal applicant - My mother had applied Visa for Canada thru an immigration agency in 2012-13. When i applied for PR for my parents, in the medical form i saw the email address of the representative elected then and the old phone number. I guess all the communication is going to that email address, i was lucky i had the myAccount to get notification of new message. But I was not able to find any place where do i update the info.

Please let me know the email address or the process of communication with CIC.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey Guys, does anyone know the exact requirement for PCC ? If the applicant spent 6 months in another country cumulatively rather than consecutively, is a PCC still required ?

Example: applicants spends 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country, spends another 3 months in Country A, comes back to home country.

Anyone has experience with this ? Thanks

ppp

Aug 3, 2009
they got there July 4th. We got them today. There was a mix up, i got two emails with passport request contradicting each other. We shouldn't send the passports in because we only need ETA now, no more visa. anyway it got here. I called to book an appointment at Canada Place here in Edmonton, to make the landing, and they told i will be contacted in 6-8 weeks to let me know a date. crazy waiting time....
Hi. Did your " My CIC" status change to approved when CoPR was issued? Thanks