+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Received the IMM1017 on MyCIC just now after receiving the "Information and Documents needed" mail on Friday. Others can check too.
There was a system maintenance perhaps that's why this wasnt sent earlier.
If you get to Submitted Application, do you see "There are no required documents for this Online Application." or do you see a request which allows you to attach files? (this is for PCC, I am assuming Medical the doctor sends and you don't do online).

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Hello, Does anybody know who should sign at signature of spouse or common-law partner for sponsorship application in the use of representative form (imm5476). Thanks a lot.

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone. I have been trying to find the answers on the Immigration website as well as this forum but my skills are not working it seems. For Sponsorship of parents :
1) which police certificates do we need? (no information on IRCC website - it just loops back to instruction guide wherein there is no mention).
2) What are the instructions for medicals? It is stated not to do them in advance. Are you provided with a form via email to be taken to the doctor? Would someone please clarify? Or MyCIC? Do you receive notification?
3) how long is one given to produce the necessary police certificates and medical exams?

Thank you very much and good luck everyone!

bonus: if someone could copy/paste text from emails ( with personal details omitted) that would be amazing. Thank you again!

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
i got PPR on July 3 to submit passport at ottawa , but parents are in india, i sent email to CPC ottawa on same day about instructions to submit passport at VFS india, but no reply from CPC ottawa . its already 2 weeks. anybody knows if i can take PPR letter and try to submit passport at VF
S india with out receiving instructions from them.

jk9900

Dec 3, 2017
I got the medical request form in MyCIC for my In-Laws from NDVO....
Hi
I also got the medical request form in myCIC today for my parents.
Also, we got the email on Friday stating below:-

PLEASE DO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS: confirmation of medical exam form, copies of RPRF receipts, police certificates for you and your accompanying family members.

Do we have to submit the PCC now or we have to wait for PCC request ?? And similar question for copies of RPRF receipts?