+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Yes PPR email came from: "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>

In PPR email they asked us to use VFS India.

My parents submitted passports at VFS India without any trouble.

yes i got email from same address, but in my email i got this

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

thats why i sent them email to ask for instructions, not sure if i can take this email and submit passport at vfs india

nb1234

Jan 8, 2015
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require:

1) Passports

• VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is required for each passport.

• Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.

• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
  • There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
  • We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months.

2) Photographs

Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3) Change in Circumstances

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you (or any person included in your application), you must inform this office immediately:

· Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, annulment or death;

· Death of applicant, dependant of sponsor/assisting relative;

· Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement);

· Change in health;

· The laying of criminal charges or conviction for a criminal offence;

· A change in availability of funds for use in Canada;

· Change of address or phone number

4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.

You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp

Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspostenvelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

NOTE: Your passports and photos must be received by the visa office in New Delhi within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to comply with this request could result in the refusal of your application. Please include a copy of this letter along with your submission.

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi @blaze123 did you received specific request to send PCC or was a generic email? mine was generic email. Also it shows they are reviewing your documents which is good sign.. mine looks like below:

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

most of people here got direct request for PCC but I just received generic email and since then no update. I'm not even sure if they have received my documents.
Hi,
It was the same for me. I received the generic email and I sent the documents including PCC to the same email but my status looks same as you.

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi @blaze123 did you received specific request to send PCC or was a generic email? mine was generic email. Also it shows they are reviewing your documents which is good sign.. mine looks like below:

Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

most of people here got direct request for PCC but I just received generic email and since then no update. I'm not even sure if they have received my documents.
Call CIC and ask them if they received the documents. I called them today and they said they have received the documents and they are on file.

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi @YULIA-2016 - Please update my status on the sheet. July 12th- Passed Medical exam.
My timeline:
May 23rd- Received request for Medical
June 4th- Medical done
June 5th- Generic email received for PCC, Travel history and Employment
June 18th- Medical submitted by the Panel Physician
June 28th- PCC, Travel history and Employment history sent to CPC-CTD-Ottawa email
July 12th- 'Medical Passed' status updated on My CIC account

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, 

I just want to share my parents' application experience. Just in case someone might have a similar situation and are looking for answers. My parents' application was received on May 4, 2017. My husband's option C was requested on July 26, 2017 and I faxed it on July 27, 2017. I received a letter of sponsorship approval on August 4, 2017 and they are saying they will send the file to Ottawa visa office. However, a temporary public policy was issued when they changed the child dependent age limit on October 22, 2017 from below 19years old to below 22 years old. Any application after October 22, 2017 will fall into the new dependent child age limit. However, on November 2017, there was a temporary public policy to those applications received between May 3, 2017 to October 22, 2017, that dependents below 22 years old can be added to the application or can be sponsored if the parents already landed in Canada. I sent a request to add my sister who was 21 years old at the time when application was received. I got a notification in November 2017 that my parents' application was transferred to Manila. On March 8, 2018, I received a request letter to submit my sister's documents, application forms, proof of my sister's medical and all their police clearances. On March 9, 2018, I received IME forms for my parents to get their medicals done. On March 16, 2018 my parents did their medicals here in Canada as they are here under supervisa, the doctor was away and submitted their medicals on April 17, 2018. My sister did not receive and IME form so she did an upfront medical in the Philippines. I thought it wouldn't take long but the medical status showed it was under review since April 19, 2018. I emailed the Manila Visa Office why it took so long on May 10,2018, there was no response so I sent a web inquiry a week after that and there was no response. We were frustrated, I read a lot of forums and I asked about it but seemed no one to really answered me. I read in the CIC website that medical for TRV can take up to 4 weeks and up to 3 months for PR applications to review from the date it was received. I also found somewhere, where they had past surgeries or current medical conditions and some took 3 months and some 4 months for the medical to be approved. My dad has type II diabetes, he is under medication and it is controllable but I suspected it is because of that that is why it was sent for 3-month review. On July 5, 2018, I emailed RMO-Manila again, and then I called the doctor here in Canada and they said they sent it to RMO-Ottawa, so I faxed them if there is a chance that they need more than 3 months to review my parent's medical, they did not respond but yesterday July 11, 2018, the medical status changed to "passed" and today there is an invitation to pre-arrival services letter. I am hoping for a passport request very soon. Also, another unique case, my dad's NBI clearance has a "no criminal record" remark, due to a fist fight in 1980. It was filed in the prosecutor's office but never went to court, it was settled as the mother of his friend just demanded money and he just paid it. It requires an NBI explanation letter, and we secured that from NBI Main Office in Manila free of charge. I have read in other forums as long as there was no criminal case, it will be okay there are other people who got visa approved with that remark as long as you provide the NBI Explanation letter. If you have a similar experience, please feel free to contact me.

Rjaggs

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
hi guys i have question
today i send my parents travel history form to (delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca) at end of my mail i write my name and put (sponcer) in brackets
and i got auto reply from them mention that

Thank you for your e-mail. It has been received by the New Delhi visa office.
Due to a high volume of inquiries we can only respond if you have an application in process. The service standard is 15 working days.
Important: If you are the applicant or authorized representative, you must provide us with:
Your application number;
Surname and Given name(s);
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number or Passport number;
If you did not provide us with this information, we will not be able to provide a response.

Than i thought i should use my father name at end of mail and all details as they requested and resend
is that ok can some suggest how they did or someone got same situation
You can send the email again with your Father's name and put all the information regarding the principal applicant. And you will receive the same automated email. I received the same. Thanks

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Call CIC and ask them if they received the documents. I called them today and they said they have received the documents and they are on file.
Not sure if calling would help... they even didn't start doing background check yet. I sent all docs on June 8th... I'm sure they have received it

what's up with June 5th generic email group people nobody had background check started yet???

Reactions: Rjaggs
Aug 4, 2012
Spanish Town
Category........
Visa Office......
KIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2012
Doc's Request.
11-25-13
AOR Received.
15-10-2012
File Transfer...
January 2013
Med's Request
11-25-13
Med's Done....
February or March(can't remember) Redo it Dec 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
05-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2014 (collected 25-02-2014)
I received an email today from IRCC requesting my mother's separation agreement from my father but there is none. They are legally separated as they don't live together since forever. They verbally agreed to continue having it that way in 2006.
What do I send to IRCC since there are no separation agreement?

sandysandhu

Dec 13, 2016
yes i got email from same address, but in my email i got this

If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

thats why i sent them email to ask for instructions, not sure if i can take this email and submit passport at vfs india

I received the same email. I replied to them letting them know my parents are in India.

nb1234

Jan 8, 2015
I received an email today from IRCC requesting my mother's separation agreement from my father but there is none. They are legally separated as they don't live together since forever. They verbally agreed to continue having it that way in 2006.
What do I send to IRCC since there are no separation agreement?

You can get affidavit from Notary Public. if CIC accept then CIC will send some document.. applicant to sign

In order to continue the processing of your application, we request that you read the following and return the signed acknowledgement on this letter within 30 days.

All family members, whether accompanying or not, are required to be examined at the same time as you. The only exceptions are a spouse from whom you are legally separated but not divorced, or if you have children for whom you do not have legal custody. These persons are not required to undergo medical and background screening in connection with your immigration application. However, if they do not undergo this screening, you cannot later sponsor them as members of the Family Class as they will be described under section 117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations which stipulates the following:

117(9) A foreign national shall not be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if:

(d) subject to subsection (10), the sponsor previously made an application for permanent residence and became a permanent resident and, at the time of that application, the foreign national was a non-accompanying family member of the sponsor and was not examined.

The decision on whether or not to have a non-accompanying family member examined is your decision. If your non-accompanying family member is examined, you may choose to sponsor them as your dependent at a later date. However, if you choose to not have your non-accompanying family member examined, the non-accompanying family will be excluded as a member of the family class. If you sponsor a non-examined non-accompanying dependent, and an officer determines that the previously non-accompanying dependent could have been examined during your own application but you chose not to make the applicant available for examination or the applicant did not appear for examination, the application will be refused pursuant to R117(9)(d).

Please complete and return the Non-Accompanying Dependent Acknowledgement within 30 days.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Regards,

Family Class Unit | Unité de regroupement familial – MO5790
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

NON-ACCOMPANYING DEPENDENT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Please sign and return within 30 days.

I have read and understood the contents of this letter and by signing and returning this portion I am confirming that:

Please check one of the following:

____ I do not wish to have my dependent xxxxxxxxxxxxx examined for immigration purposes. I acknowledge that, since the above dependent is not being examined, I may not in the future sponsor him/her as long as R117 (9) (d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations remains in force.

OR

____ I wish to have my dependent __________________________ examined at this time. (Attach four passport size photos and a copy of your dependent’s birth certificate with a certified translation.)

___________________________________ ___________________

Signature of Principal Applicant Date

Signature of Witness (must be a notary Public official)

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Please update. Medical Request received today July 12, 2018.

Thank you!