+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Ok so for whoever waiting for SA email with Decision Made status for a while:
Called CIC this morning and they confirmed my file transferred to Ankara and should wait for further updates, at least I know where my file is now!
So worth it calling them

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Food for thought… we received medicals request on May 4th and they gave us 30 days to get it done. On June 5th exactly after one month we received that generic email to send docs about travel history, PCC etc. and again they gave us 30 days.. so next update will be in 1st week of July….anybody around same time line?

Reactions: mufarina

krupa.desai

Jun 12, 2018
Hi Guys so we are sponsoring my parents and we got selected for lottery in second round. We got two emails last week from CIC regarding the file. One required more documentation and the other required a medical to be completed. So I am now confused since they asked for medical. Does that mean that the file is nearing completion or are they just doing precautionary medical

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Hi Guys so we are sponsoring my parents and we got selected for lottery in second round. We got two emails last week from CIC regarding the file. One required more documentation and the other required a medical to be completed. So I am now confused since they asked for medical. Does that mean that the file is nearing completion or are they just doing precautionary medical
we passed the medicals and sent extra docs and pcc's. When i asked them how long from now on, they told me background check can last years :)

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Hi Everyone, I am new to the thread and need some help.

I have received PPC and some other document request for my parents and the email looked like this:

"RPRF, Family Class: Please have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels: Please provide a completed IMM5562. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
Police Certificate: Please provide us with a photocopy of an original Police Certificate from India This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please indicate all addresses where you have lived in the past 10 years. There must be no gaps. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07."

Similar for my mom as well.

The question I have is, I am assuming it is ok to send scanned copies for all these documents and I do not need to mail the originals. Can somebody please confirm if that is correct. Thanks a lot.

If that is the case then I dont need to get it mailed from India.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Hi Everyone, I am new to the thread and need some help.

I have received PPC and some other document request for my parents and the email looked like this:

"RPRF, Family Class: Please have your sponsor pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee in Canada. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
IMM5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels:
Please provide a completed IMM5562. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
Police Certificate:
Please provide us with a photocopy of an original Police Certificate from India This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07.
Schedule A:
A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature. Please indicate all addresses where you have lived in the past 10 years. There must be no gaps. This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/07."

Similar for my mom as well.

The question I have is, I am assuming it is ok to send scanned copies for all these documents and I do not need to mail the originals. Can somebody please confirm if that is correct. Thanks a lot.

If that is the case then I dont need to get it mailed from India.

you need to upload them. so yes to scan

Reactions: Parthpatel2207

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Today my ECAS shows Decision Made for Permanent Residence Application Status !!!
But my CIC Online Linked Account still says "Your application is in progress." for Final Decision.
Does this mean they're almost done and I should expect PPR soon?

the meaning from CIC website:
it means:
DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

from CIC website about the explanation of each status.

Last edited:

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
Ok so for whoever waiting for SA email with Decision Made status for a while:
Called CIC this morning and they confirmed my file transferred to Ankara and should wait for further updates, at least I know where my file is now!
So worth it calling them
Could you please tell me the phone number? I am waiting for SA, and I submitted additional documents, don't know if they received . Thanks in advance.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
the meaning from CIC website:
it means:
DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

from CIC website about the explanation of each status.
The second decision made usually means the passport request unless ME or BC didn't pass. That would be known before that.

Last edited:

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi friends,

For those of you who have received a PCC / additional documents request, what does it say next to the Review of Additional Documents line in the My CIC profile?

Thanks!!