+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I was in same situation like you .i had submitted original pcc along with application in July 2017.on June 4th 2018 officer sent me an email saying that(Documents outstanding are police certificates from All country where your parents lived more than 6 month ).
I replied to the same email by attaching the same old pcc which obtained in 2017,also I mentioned in email I have submitted the original pcc along with application for your reference here by I am attaching the same pcc once again.
On June 7th I received PPR email .
Try uploading the same old pcc.
Hope this helps you ...
Thank you very much for your reply. So should I take the risk and submit the same old PCC? is there any drawback for doing this. Also, my dad received the mail from an automated mail id (i.e. donotreply@cic.gc.ca) but the attached document in the mail still says "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title". Can you please tell me the email id to which you replied? and I understand I should also upload the same documents to MyCic as there I see two placeholders to upload PCC for my dad and mom respectively. Also, they asked me for the filled travel form IMM5562.

Thanks in advance.

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I think may depend on the age of parent or grandparent. I submitted my 84 year old mum's PCC last year even though it wasn't requested. I asked in an email if they want it renewing and they said not necessary.
Thanks for your reply.

My parents are in their mid fifties. So you think the same PCC should work? Can you please help me with the mail id on which you sent the mail to check if they need a renewed one?

Thanks! in advance.

Reactions: MrsMN

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 I recently got the request for PCC for my parents...I have a question though: I had submitted their PCC in July 2017 with the application package but CIC has again asked for it. I know PCC was not part of the package but I still sent it. Do you think I can use the same PCC? or need to get a new one. How long the PCC is valid for?
you sent too early :rolleyes:, make sense do that at least after SA
its valid 6 mon so you have to order a new one :)

Reactions: Dream big dream

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I was in same situation like you .i had submitted original pcc along with application in July 2017.on June 4th 2018 officer sent me an email saying that(Documents outstanding are police certificates from All country where your parents lived more than 6 month ).
I replied to the same email by attaching the same old pcc which obtained in 2017,also I mentioned in email I have submitted the original pcc along with application for your reference here by I am attaching the same pcc once again.
On June 7th I received PPR email .
Try uploading the same old pcc.
Hope this helps you ...
trickery :p

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
you sent too early :rolleyes:, make sense do that at least after SA
its valid 6 mon so you have to order a new one :)
Thank you very much for your reply. Looks like Jesus is the Xavoir was in the same boat and he submitted the same old PCC. Now I am more confused :confused:

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Question regarding medical request
Hi everyone,

I received an email from CIC to submit documents i.e.e sponsor birth certificate, proof of martial status.....etc. I see many other applicants have received the same email. Do we have to submit police certificate for both the parents (dad/mom) or just dad ? please let me know.
PCC is needed for all the applicants

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
stupid question...when you upload the requested docs through the portal, can you see when they are opening it?or what's with the options and required by tabs?

ImmI2011_CA

Jan 23, 2017
Question. My parents passed med exam on Jun 7 2018. Our doctor sent us very simple copy of our medical exam (they used eMedical). there is no information about x-ray, test results and etc, that copy just says this: Medical Examination, Chest X-ray Examination, HIV test Completed and Syphilis Test (VDRL or RPR) were completed.
do you have any additional information in your copy of medical exam?

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, I am starting to worry. Due to temporary public policy that the dependent’s age is changed to under 22 upon the receipt of application. I submitted a request to add my younger sister to my parents’ application.on March 9,2018, I received in my cic account 2 medical requests for my mom and dad, nothing for my sister I also received from sponsorship office a request for amended forms and my sister’s documents along with a proof of my sister’s medical. There was no IME form for my sister so she did an upfront medical and I mailed a copy to the sponsorship office. I have also uploaded a copy of her emedical info sheet online along with the other documents required like PCC, birth cert, etc. I received a reassessment letter in the email from sponsorship office that I am still eligible as a sponsor after adding my sister. However, the medical status online is stuck as under reviewed until now. The doctor submitted my parents’s medical on april 17, my sister did her upfront medical on March 23. I emailed the manila office but no response. I did a web inquiry and there is no response either. I did not receive an auto reply confirming that my message was received. Anyone here added a dependent? Anyone contacted the visa office, did you get an auto reply confirming receipt of your message? I am so worried why the medical is still under reviewed until now..

nikhil001

Nov 29, 2016
Police clearance certificate...you will get an email if you need to send it....not everyone got the email
I received an email from CIC to submit documents i.e.e sponsor birth certificate, proof of martial status.....etc. Do we have to submit police certificate for both the parents (dad/mom) or just dad ? how about travel history and employment...

please let me know.

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I received an email from CIC to submit documents i.e.e sponsor birth certificate, proof of martial status.....etc. Do we have to submit police certificate for both the parents (dad/mom) or just dad ? how about travel history and employment...

please let me know.
PCC needs to be for both … personally I did everything for both just to avoid any delay… I did it last Friday and waiting for response from CIC

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014

please let me know.
You should send in both parents' police reports along with other document required, it will speed up the process.

Last edited: