+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

can123456

Nov 18, 2016
I received similar document request but no instructions. This is a good guideline for me.

IMM5562 (05-2004) is this the latest form?

Thanks
I was surprised that the Travel history form is not a part of PR application for so long and it is even difficult to find a copy of this form on Cic website. Finally I was able to get this form and yes IMM 5562(05 - 2004) looks like the latest version available. I am filling this version if you are able to find the newer version please do let me know.
Regarding CV, every information required is part of Schedule 1 Background declaration form I am not sure why they are asking.

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
I was surprised that the Travel history form is not a part of PR application for so long and it is even difficult to find a copy of this form on Cic website. Finally I was able to get this form and yes IMM 5562(05 - 2004) looks like the latest version available. I am filling this version if you are able to find the newer version please do let me know.
Regarding CV, every information required is part of Schedule 1 Background declaration form I am not sure why they are asking.
Below is the link I got from google:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf

I hope thats the correct version

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Its a Good Idea, first you need to check which tests needs to be done.

As @Sunny6a mentioned, First you need to check with Panel Physician regarding which tests needs to be done and act accordingly. There are some tests like if the initial Chest X-Ray shows any scar then CIC prescribes tests for ruling out any active TB, the result for TB tests comes back in 65 days, follow up Xray is done 90 days after the initial Xray to compare that there is no change in the X-Ray. So I think Family doctor will not be helpful in those cases because you are going to loose time . As per my understanding visa doesn't gets rejected if a person is having active TB , person needs to undergo TB treatment for 6 months , re-tests are done and then visa can be issued once the cause has been cured because its a contagious disease and threat to public health .

If the follow up tests are for High BP / Diabetic or Heart condition then it makes sense to contact Family doctor.... I think in case of High BP/ Diabetic conditions they wanna make sure that it has not impacted Kidneys or any other organs, so Kidney related blood tests like Serum Creatinine or Protein via Urine test can provide your doctor with information about how well kidneys are working. Likewise there could be some tests for Heart condition.

These are my assumptions regarding various tests, I think every case would be different but it gives you some idea.

So don't worry and contact the Clinic first and check which further tests are required.
Thank you so much for replying.

My dad had TB like 20 years ago and treated and with no symptoms now. When we applied for his super visa in 2012 or so he was sent for additional tests and then given super visa and advised regular followup with doctor to make sure he is doing okay with regards to TB.

We applied for visa again after his super visa expired in 2017, but he was given visitor visa at that time (because I was on mat leave and my income was not enough for my parents to have super visa - I forgot to include my husband). My parents in Canada right now.

After coming to Canada, he got heart disease and because of that now there are some more scars (he had some scars from TB but now scars increased) in his x-rays. His BP and diabetes is well controlled. He has some effects on kidneys because of long-standing diabetes (20 plus years history of diabetes), but kidneys are stable.

My mom also got medical furtherance a day after my dad got email and for my mom there's nothing that we can think of as to what can be a problem.

So if they start person on treatment for 6 months, they need to leave Canada till the treatment is done you think or what happens.

I am so worried now.

I appreciate your reply and we will book with CIC panel physician next available appointment.

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
My father used to do govt job. I got govt service details request on June 8th.
Hi, Which visa office and country? What is Govt Service details request? I mean, is this different from Employment History request? Is there a form for Govt Service details request? Thanks.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Hi, Which visa office and country? What is Govt Service details request? I mean, is this different from Employment History request? Is there a form for Govt Service details request? Thanks.
it is for military. they want details.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
i was just going to ask how much time does it take for the medicals to up updated as passed? so it takes around a month just for the medical results to be updated?
we did our test on the 12 of May, had med passed after 26 may or so.

Reactions: sthuse

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
If it's not 'Rocket Science' then perhaps you should have been able to figure it out for yourself, like most of us have done.
I think that your post was rude and you should remember that people are providing advice on this forum for free.
I don't think it was rude.

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
I am also asked to fill in 'Details of Government Employment' for both my parents. My father in law is retired Govt employee but mother in law is still in service and they were asked to send their Govt employment history again.
Parents Country - India
Visa office - Ottawa
They sent one form to fill in the details but it doesn't have any IMM number on it, looks like a simple excel template asking start/end dates, position, title, duties, supervisor name, department and location.
Well, the original application form (IMM5669) itself had those details but I think what they want now is in more details (especially on unit/department and duties).

Reactions: Hitchhiker40

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
If it's not 'Rocket Science' then perhaps you should have been able to figure it out for yourself, like most of us have done.
I think that your post was rude and you should remember that people are providing advice on this forum for free.
I have been using this forum for 10 years now and an active member, I know very well the purpose of this forum.
I have been active member on this forum for last 10 years and very well know the purpose of this forum

votus

Nov 26, 2017
Visa office Ottawa
Country - Bangladesh
It's not a form. It's a template to provide details information

Reactions: Hitchhiker40

votus

Nov 26, 2017
I am also asked to fill in 'Details of Government Employment' for both my parents. My father in law is retired Govt employee but mother in law is still in service and they were asked to send their Govt employment history again.
Parents Country - India
Visa office - Ottawa
They sent one form to fill in the details but it doesn't have any IMM number on it, looks like a simple excel template asking start/end dates, position, title, duties, supervisor name, department and location.
Well, the original application form (IMM5669) itself had those details but I think what they want now is in more details (especially on unit/department and duties).
I received the same pdf for govt service details.

Last edited: