+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
@YULIA-2016 Hi, I'm not sure that it's an "update" but I've just received a pre-arrival services letter for my mother. What does that mean? My mother received medical exam and police request on March 28 and on April 2 we received this pre-arrival services letter. Thanks
Bit strange since the pre-arrival services letter is one of the final steps and sent out after IME, PCC and background check is cleared. Not sure why you got it 5 days after IME/PCC request.

Reactions: nutella

hello73

Apr 2, 2018
Hi, I was selected in second round for PGS, I sent my file in Nov 2018 and received AOR in Jan 2018 and on ecas it still shows application received, I filed my application through a lawyer. And looking at my application he suggested as my brother is a student (age 25), his file can be applied under my parents as he is financially dependent on them. Hence, we filed my brother’s application as well under my parents. Now I just heard as he is overage whole application can be rejected. Can anyone suggest if we should pull his file out and not take the risk or you guys think its fine? Can file be rejected after receiving application #, and it’s been 3 months since I got file numbers. Please help. Thanks

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hi, I was selected in second round for PGS, I sent my file in Nov 2018 and received AOR in Jan 2018 and on ecas it still shows application received, I filed my application through a lawyer. And looking at my application he suggested as my brother is a student (age 25), his file can be applied under my parents as he is financially dependent on them. Hence, we filed my brother’s application as well under my parents. Now I just heard as he is overage whole application can be rejected. Can anyone suggest if we should pull his file out and not take the risk or you guys think its fine? Can file be rejected after receiving application #, and it’s been 3 months since I got file numbers. Please help. Thanks
If your brother is 25 he can only qualify as a dependent if he is financially still dependent on his parents and has some form of physical or mental impairment.

hello73

Apr 2, 2018
If your brother is 25 he can only qualify as a dependent if he is financially still dependent on his parents and has some form of physical or mental impairment.
Thanks for your reply Beltex but he is not impaired anyway, he is a student currently. Do you think whole parents file can rejected this way.. his name shows under depandants on ecas under my father. I guess file would have been rejected by now if that was the case .. what are your suggestions..

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Thanks for your reply Beltex but he is not impaired anyway, he is a student currently. Do you think whole parents file can rejected this way.. his name shows under depandants on ecas under my father. I guess file would have been rejected by now if that was the case .. what are your suggestions..
Hello 73 - I honestly couldn't say, you should maybe consult a lawyer or if you haven't got the funds for that do some in depth research.
If having an ineligible dependent on your application could result in rejection, and I don't know for sure if it could, then the sooner you contact CIC and ask them to remove your brother the more chance there is of them letting you do it. Believe it or not CIC are human and they realize people sometimes make genuine mistakes!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
@YULIA-2016 Hi, I'm not sure that it's an "update" but I've just received a pre-arrival services letter for my mother. What does that mean? My mother received medical exam and police request on March 28 and on April 2 we received this pre-arrival services letter. Thanks
its good, you will get PPR soon

SHIRDISAI

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2014 (RCMP Request) /20-02-2014 ( default PCC request)
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent along with package
File Transfer...
17-09-2013
Med's Request
Changed to in process on 23 Apr 2015
Med's Done....
10-02-2014 & 24-02-2014 (Medical Sent) , Paid RPRF upfront
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th May 2015
LANDED..........
1st June 2015
my ecas status changed to inPocess . No SA approval mail yet .

Application received - Nov 22nd 2017
AOR - First week of JAN -2018
Status changed to inprocess - 04-APR -2018

Reactions: YULIA-2016

cuteness7

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
05-05-2016 Celpip and 06-02-2016 Police Clearance
Med's Done....
04-25-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
october 18,2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's Perfect Time
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time
Hi

Sorry for late reply.

None yet got no updates yet. Just application received.

May I know your timeline?

Thank you.

Do you have any more updates on your application ? I have the same situation :(

kay1kh

Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

I just received an email saying the following:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing.
This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

Considering that my parents are not currently in Canada, I found this to be a bit odd. Do you think I should follow up with CPC-O to make sure this is going to be OK? If they ask for any documents/passports, it has to come from two continents away! Appreciate your thoughts on this..

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi All,

I just received an email saying the following:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in CPC-Ottawa for further processing.
This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

Considering that my parents are not currently in Canada, I found this to be a bit odd. Do you think I should follow up with CPC-O to make sure this is going to be OK? If they ask for any documents/passports, it has to come from two continents away! Appreciate your thoughts on this..
On the application, did you provide their actual home address or just yours in Canada?
We've seen many applications sent to Ottawa for no apparent reason but that could be it! If the applicant's home address isn't mentioned on the application, IRCC believes they're here in Canada so the application is forwarded to Ottawa.

Reactions: kay1kh

kay1kh

Jan 4, 2018
On the application, did you provide their actual home address or just yours in Canada?
We've seen many applications sent to Ottawa for no apparent reason but that could be it! If the applicant's home address isn't mentioned on the application, IRCC believes they're here in Canada so the application is forwarded to Ottawa.
Thanks for the response, yeah We have included their address outside Canada in the forms, I might as well add that I am their appointed representative on this application and my Canadian number is included in the forms as the alternative.

Reactions: spy118

DaisyDaffodil87

Mar 30, 2018
Going to college is not a problem as long as your household income is not going below the required income. The sponsor and co-signer has to maintain the level of income till the application process is complete. If you have to leave your employment for studies and the income is going to get lower than required, I would suggest to defer your plan of studies. OR, do some research and math and see if you work part time along with your studies, would that help in maintaining the household income.
Thank you ;)