+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys, filling out the forms for 2018. Just curious, does anyone know what happens if the forms are found incomplete after the submission deadline, and before receiving AOR? Do we lose our spot in the lottery or does IRCC let you correct the mistake and send them back ?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hey guys, filling out the forms for 2018. Just curious, does anyone know what happens if the forms are found incomplete after the submission deadline, and before receiving AOR? Do we lose our spot in the lottery or does IRCC let you correct the mistake and send them back ?
if signature is missing,will be rejected

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
HI
Is there anyway it culd be explained that one parent would never be in need for applying for sponsorship as he is ailing and wont survive long.
Thanks
If married, both need to appear for medical (accompanying or not). If one fails IME, the entire application will be rejected. If they're legally separated/divorced then you can exclude one.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Depends on what's incomplete and also on the officer. Try to ensure the package is complete to avoid unnecessary hassle and processing delays.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Depends on what's incomplete and also on the officer. Try to ensure the package is complete to avoid unnecessary hassle and processing delays.
What if it's something like a missing signature or unanswered question ? Would a returned application in this situation mean a lost spot in the lottery ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
if signature is missing,will be rejected
For citizenship applications, if a signature is missed, they return the application and you can just sign it and mail it back. In this case, would a returned application mean the spot won in the lottery is lost, and applicant tries their luck again next year ?

DaisyDaffodil87

Mar 30, 2018
PLEASE HELP ENLIGHTEN ME!

I got selected for a PGS 2018, We are qualified for year 2015,2016,2017, my husband as my co-signer. We're going to send our application on first week of MAY 2018. Here's my question, Im going to college this fall (Sep-April). Does it affect our application while processing? What if the VO asked our present NOA? Im afraid that we're not qualified anymore for year 2018 income tax return. Do I need to put my education on hold while processing my parents application? hope to hear from you guys.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
PLEASE HELP ENLIGHTEN ME!

I got selected for a PGS 2018, We are qualified for year 2015,2016,2017, my husband as my co-signer. We're going to send our application on first week of MAY 2018. Here's my question, Im going to college this fall (Sep-April). Does it affect our application while processing? What if the VO asked our present NOA? Im afraid that we're not qualified anymore for year 2018 income tax return. Do I need to put my education on hold while processing my parents application? hope to hear from you guys.
From the guide,

Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?
Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are granted status as permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
What if it's something like a missing signature or unanswered question ? Would a returned application in this situation mean a lost spot in the lottery ?
Guess we can only make assumptions here, once the file is with an officer it's at their discretion. I hope it causes delays only, not rejection.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
For citizenship applications, if a signature is missed, they return the application and you can just sign it and mail it back. In this case, would a returned application mean the spot won in the lottery is lost, and applicant tries their luck again next year ?
for PGP - rejected :rolleyes:
just be accurate since you won a spot

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
Hey Guys, May I know the second round applicants of November would when expect to hear some news, why they are so slow.

Reactions: mish