+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hey guys, some movement for 2017 2nd round again. I received an email at 2:20am today saying decision is made, and they start processing my parents application on march 08. Ecas is down for maintenance betwee 3-5am today so I am not able to check in there yet, but will share the info later today.

Not sure why it took 12 days for the email to be sent, but at least it’s a good news.

Har_hi

Mar 19, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have a quick question, My mom is visiting on supervisa while her application for sponsorship is being processed.Can she get her medical and police clearance done in canada? or she needs to travel back?

ImmI2011_CA

Jan 23, 2017
Hey guys, some movement for 2017 2nd round again. I received an email at 2:20am today saying decision is made, and they start processing my parents application on march 08. Ecas is down for maintenance betwee 3-5am today so I am not able to check in there yet, but will share the info later today.

Not sure why it took 12 days for the email to be sent, but at least it’s a good news.
Good news! Congrats!
I'm still waiting for SA :( (application received Nov 22)

rastamanforvere

Apr 27, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have a quick question, My mom is visiting on supervisa while her application for sponsorship is being processed.Can she get her medical and police clearance done in canada? or she needs to travel back?

It is different for medical and police clearance.

For medical exams, any physician from this list (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx) can do the test.But if your mother is on super visa, she may already done the medical test and they may still valid (I think they are valid for one year).

Police clearance are generally valid for 6 months and you have to give police clearance for every country you ve lived more than 6 months.

I am not sure if for super visa, they ask for police clearance.

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey guys, how long does it take to receive SA email once ECAS shows "Decision made" ?My ecas shows today DM but haven't received any email yet

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Guys,

I got selected for 2018. I am planning of submitting my mom's application and need some advice. First, i just realized that the Document Checklist file cannot be opened. Anyone having similar issues? Also, do I need to let my mom sign the forms, get photos and mail them to me in Canada to be posted to CPC-M or she has to mail it from her home country? Do I do to include medical as she just had one done when she was in Canada? What about police report - is upfront accepted? Also, do I need to add the representative form, although I will be filling the form for her? Thank you

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
This is weird, my online tool said decision made, and start processing application on March 8th, but when I check my dad’s online tool, it only says application received.

When checking on Ecas, it is still showing application status: processing, and the eligibility is reviewing.

The letter is dated March 20, says they received my parent’s application. And the letter is issued by IRCC Hongkong.

Anybody has any idea how this information works?

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got selected for 2018. I am planning of submitting my mom's application and need some advice. First, i just realized that the Document Checklist file cannot be opened. Anyone having similar issues? Also, do I need to let my mom sign the forms, get photos and mail them to me in Canada to be posted to CPC-M or she has to mail it from her home country? Do I do to include medical as she just had one done when she was in Canada? What about police report - is upfront accepted? Also, do I need to add the representative form, although I will be filling the form for her? Thank you
Here are the answers below:
1. I was able to open document Checklist, make sure you are using Internet Explorer with the proper version.
2. Your mom needs to sign the form, get photos and mail it to you so you can send to CPC
3. Don't add any Medical or Police report right now, once you get Sponsorship Approval and your file gets transferred to local via office, they will ask you for those
4. It's not mandatory to fill out representative form however if you call them later to inquire about your application status, they will not provide you any information until you fill out the representative form and act as a representative.

Reactions: razerblade and dok

Anonymous07

Oct 2, 2017
Hello,

I had a query.. it would mean a lot if someone could guide me.
My file is now in Singapore Visa Office from first week of December 2017 but in the ECAS it is showing PR application status: application received.

Is this okay? Is someone also in the same situation? Can you please tell me what is the next stage, police clearance/medical anything of that sort?

Thank you for your patience and time

natpol

Mar 20, 2018
Hello Guys,

Congrats! I've just got selected as well (it was my third draw, so third time was a charm :) ). Save the document locally and open it with Acrobat Reader. (Their PDFs are not opening in a web-browser, at least not in Chrome.)

dahbour98

Mar 19, 2018
Linking Application:

I am still having challenges linking my application online. Can someone tell me If I am doing the correct thing

Step One
I am the sponsor and I log into my account with using the "Sign-In Partner" method
Insert the Category - Permanent Residence
Sub-Category - Family Class (Parents and Grandparents)

Step Two - Application Details
Use the application number and the UCI number from the Acknowledgement letter

Step Three - Applicants Details
Use my parents city and country of birth

Step Four - Other Applicants Details
I include, the Province, City and current marital status of my parents
"Number of Family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application" - I have tried the following
a) Myself, Hubby mom and dad [total 4]
b) Myself, hubby, mom, dad and my child [total5]

Nothing works
Guys i also need help in how to link my account , is the above correct ??

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hello Guys,

Your mom does need to sign but you might want her to mail it to you first to ensure everything is in order. Wait until you're asked for medical and police report since they're valid for 1 year and 6 months respectively and you don't want to waste time and money. It's better to send in the representative form so you're authorized to inquire about the app.