+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

cadcgy

Aug 30, 2017
I have a very strange situation here if someone can share your thoughts or suggestion regarding my PGP application.

i have got my number in the 2nd round lottery in 2017 and submitted my package last week. I used UPS to send my package and they did a mistake in writing the address on the label. They have put the address correctly but didnt mention the "Parents and Grand Parents" on the package. When i asked them about why that is missing the rep at the UPS center said not to worry its in their system. I thought she must know better than me and i accepted what she said. However later on i was not feeling very confident if they have actually addressed the PGP thing on the package so i called the call center and found out that it was not the sticker on my package.

CPC - Mississauga did received the package next day as i used the next day 10:30 AM guaranteed delivery option and i have got the notification that it was accepted by CPC-M. Since there is a important information missing on my package and the same office so many different types of application like spouse, refugee etc application will they return my package? How can i inform or if there is way to inform that my package was related to PGP category? Should i send another package just to be sure the right department will receive the application since we have to get the packages before 7th December 2017. Please share if you have any suggestion what should i do in my case.

vinceyhb

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi all. I got invited in the 2nd round and i ran into a problem. Hope you guys can help.
I downloaded the forms and filled them out early October. Had my parents in China print the complete forms and sign on them, then mail the forms to me. I'm just about to send them out but then i saw the Generic Application form got updated in October..
The form i used says 2017-06 at the bottom corner and the new form says 2017-10. I checked, there's literally no difference between the 2 versions. There's no time for me to update the form and have my parents mail them to me again.
Has anyone run into this? Will the application be returned just because of that?
Thanks for your help!

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I have a very strange situation here if someone can share your thoughts or suggestion regarding my PGP application.

i have got my number in the 2nd round lottery in 2017 and submitted my package last week. I used UPS to send my package and they did a mistake in writing the address on the label. They have put the address correctly but didnt mention the "Parents and Grand Parents" on the package. When i asked them about why that is missing the rep at the UPS center said not to worry its in their system. I thought she must know better than me and i accepted what she said. However later on i was not feeling very confident if they have actually addressed the PGP thing on the package so i called the call center and found out that it was not the sticker on my package.

CPC - Mississauga did received the package next day as i used the next day 10:30 AM guaranteed delivery option and i have got the notification that it was accepted by CPC-M. Since there is a important information missing on my package and the same office so many different types of application like spouse, refugee etc application will they return my package? How can i inform or if there is way to inform that my package was related to PGP category? Should i send another package just to be sure the right department will receive the application since we have to get the packages before 7th December 2017. Please share if you have any suggestion what should i do in my case.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once they scan the applications, they will figure it out. Do not send another application as that could cause serious issues with your case.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi all. I got invited in the 2nd round and i ran into a problem. Hope you guys can help.
I downloaded the forms and filled them out early October. Had my parents in China print the complete forms and sign on them, then mail the forms to me. I'm just about to send them out but then i saw the Generic Application form got updated in October..
The form i used says 2017-06 at the bottom corner and the new form says 2017-10. I checked, there's literally no difference between the 2 versions. There's no time for me to update the form and have my parents mail them to me again.
Has anyone run into this? Will the application be returned just because of that?
Thanks for your help!
Nothing to worry, forms get updated all the time. If IRCC requires the newer version, they will ask you at a later stage.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Once they scan the applications, they will figure it out. Do not send another application as that could cause serious issues with your case.
agreed, you have package for PGP so they are not too stupid :cool:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks for your help!
just can say CIC rejected full package 2014-2016 if date of application was wrong but not sure about 2017 applicants since you are doing it whole year :D

Last edited:

Ca-3858

Nov 15, 2017
If one of your parents is divorced or widow, should you submit divorced or others docs? They only talk about marriage certificate or common

cadcgy

Aug 30, 2017
agreed, you have package for PGP so they are not too stupid :cool:
Thank you for your suggestion..i was worried as there is no mention of either PGP or Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship at the label..the lady UPS agent was super confident and said she put this correctly. I hope they open my envelope and scan.

cadcgy

Aug 30, 2017
Thank you for your reply..i was worried as there is no mention of either PGP or Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship at the label..the lady UPS agent was super confident and said she put this correctly. I hope they open my envelope and scan.

Aayan24

Nov 16, 2017
How much time they take to inform you SA approved or not? They received my application on July 24, 2017 and AOR on November 12, 2017.

on eCas, I can see my parents information only and says that PR application received.
Please advise.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
How will someone know, if they have been approved as Sponsor by meeting all requirements if checked online status ? Or will CIC will send an email advising SA approval ?