Jun 26, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Same status here. Sponsorship approval in June end, file transferred to Ottawa. No news after that.

Anyone with Visa Processing Centre Ottawa received medical/police clearance request?
Let's keep in touch. The same situation. Ottawa received CSQ (Quebec sponsor's approval) and didn't send medicals yet though I see in the table that we already have 11 people who got the medicals:
https://goo.gl/oTbi2E

UPDATE: One big difference. Whoever got the medicals was processed by London, not Ottawa. No medical requests were received yet for Ottawa applicants.

Last edited:

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
There are actually very specific criteria for "excessive demand". Basically if the projected cost to Canada's heatlhcare/social system will be over $6,655 per year, up to a 10 year period after becoming PR.

So basically if there are no immediate expensive medical conditions at the time of doing medical exam, the parent will probably pass the excessive demand test. Someone who has had cancer in the past but is now completely cured, is probably safe. An IRCC medical officer will review the medical results, and provide their analysis to the visa officer. There is definitely discretion involved though, as even if they suspect excessive demand may be a factor they will always give you a chance to submit further proofs to change their mind.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/excessive.asp
Great Information, thanks

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I have a situation here.please guide me what should I do.i have prepared everything to apply for my parents sponsorship.but my PR expired Oct 20th.i applied for renewal and it's little more than 2 months but there are no news from cic yet.
What should I do in this situation.apply with expired PR card? And mention that waiting for the new card..p.s. I have also applied for citizenship but that is also in process. And last date to apply PGP sponsorship is Dec 8th
Hi Buddy... your PR card is only good for travel and returning back to Canada ... you don't need a valid PR card to apply for sponsor someone... Just attach LOE or something anyway you need to attach NOA's for 3 last year you will be fine. Good luck

vanco

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
11/05/2015
AOR Received.
03/04/2016
Passport Req..
05/18/2016
LANDED..........
06/11/2016
Hi, has anyone else been transferred to Hong Kong?

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Hello Experts ,

I understand this question might have been asked couple of time , I tried my best to search answer but didn't get the finite response.
Could anyone please help me.

I got selected in second round of family sponsorship and planning to apply. Need basic information about forms.

My case - I am PR in Canada and sponsoring my mom and dad, Spouse is NOT co-sponser.

- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] - I have filled this form and Put My Dad as Principal applicant. Do I need to fill another one for my Mother ? NO,only one form

- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] - To be filled for both parent ? Or only main applicant ( My Dad) ? I am mentioning my Mother as dependent. Yes, she should be included as dependent on the same form

-Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768] - I think I need to fill this. Yes

- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] - Should I fill one for my Dad and one for Mother ? Yes

- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] - I think this is not applicable as they have marriage Certificate ? Yes (N/A)

- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] - - Is it to be filled for both parent ? Or only main applicant ( My Dad) ? only if you have more than 5 dependents

- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] - to be filled for both parent ? Or only principal applicant ( My Dad) ? both of them separately

Do I need to send two application sets ? one set of application included above forms and supporting documents.

Please help me with these basic questions.

Thanks
Rod
Please see answers in bold.

Reactions: flywith2010

cec_canada

Nov 16, 2013
anyone from 2nd batch got their AOR yet? hopefully they would let me know if i missed something before the december deadline

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
anyone from 2nd batch got their AOR yet? hopefully they would let me know if i missed something before the december deadline
what is u contry?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi, Please update my status on eCAS, thanks

Nov 15. Medical results have been received.
link account to my cic - more info there

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Hi
As I was reading comments from everyone, I came up with couple questions hoping someone to help me sort out.

1. My Application is currently listed in ecas as "Application Received" for both Sponsorship Application and PR Application, Is this the AOR everyone's referring to ?

2. Although my application is listed in ecas, I did not receive AOR letter or email from CIC. Is that normal ?

3. It seems like some people can specify the visa office their application has been send to. However I dont have a clue where is mine. Is there any way to confirm this information?

4. As my application still shows "Application Received" status, i assume its not SA yet. My application was received Aug 3 according to ecas. Is there anybody have similar received date already have SA?

5. How and where people confirm SA status ? By mail, email or ecas ?

6. Does Medical request come after SA confirmation ?