+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I guess, my comment would be, are "in-laws", not part of "closest relatives"?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I understand your frustration but most rules made by governmental organizations barely take into account the emotional aspect. Although you do consider your in-laws as parents (which is awesome) but IRCC calls it "Parental Sponsorship" not "In-Law Sponsorship" for a reason.

You can be the co-signer but not the sponsor for your in-laws. As for, why is it this way? I don't think anyone (except the person or committee that came up with it) could provide a concrete answer other than that's how the rules have been made.

Good luck & all the best!

champ512

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Quick question regarding some of the forms used for this program.

I tried validating some of the forms and it seems those typical bar codes we see in other forms are not appearing. Is this normal?

Thanks for responses!

champ512

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello - My mother received medicals and police certificate request (London VO). For police certificates, its not clear if they want us to send them original certificates or just upload scanned copy to the new upload link opened in My CIC, or may be both? Does anyone have any idea how to proceed?
Thanks

na123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2014
Hello, can someone who is a quebec applicant please let me know what happens after you get the CSQ. Do I have to send the CSQ to the visa office in Ottawa?

mish

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
19/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mashallah
LANDED..........
Nov 2014
Can anybody answer,

What documents should I submit to prove being the same person. Basically, when I put the name for lottery, I was residing at different address and now residing at another address after receiving an invitation, it says on the invitation letter that need to submit proof due to address change, thanks

ARSHI2017

Jun 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I sent my application with Canada post July 25th and It's delivered on July 26th but still I've got nothing from CIC and I can not check the status with letter number neither, could you please tell me how some of you are able to check the status? how can I get the confirmation number? I've been invited at the first round.
any help would be appreciated...

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hello - My mother received medicals and police certificate request (London VO). For police certificates, its not clear if they want us to send them original certificates or just upload scanned copy to the new upload link opened in My CIC, or may be both? Does anyone have any idea how to proceed?
Thanks
You can choose which one’s convenient for you. Usually uploading it on the link they provided is easier than sending the original document cause there is a possibility of it getting lost. It is either of the two plus they said sending your documents twice may delay the processing of your papers so just choose one.

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hi everyone,

I sent my application with Canada post July 25th and It's delivered on July 26th but still I've got nothing from CIC and I can not check the status with letter number neither, could you please tell me how some of you are able to check the status? how can I get the confirmation number? I've been invited at the first round.
any help would be appreciated...
They usually give you a receipt when you pay for express delivery on Canada post. You can track it online on their website. I believe there is an instruction there as well. If you lost your receipt then there’s no other option but to wait for CIC’s email response.

Reactions: mish

Jian_Letran

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
07-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Can anybody answer,

What documents should I submit to prove being the same person. Basically, when I put the name for lottery, I was residing at different address and now residing at another address after receiving an invitation, it says on the invitation letter that need to submit proof due to address change, thanks
Maybe they want an ID with your new address or any billing statement which would state where you moved. Just to make sure it is still you that is sponsoring. I don’t know what they told you about how to send it to them but just a proof of your new address is all they’re asking.

ARSHI2017

Jun 14, 2017
They usually give you a receipt when you pay for express delivery on Canada post. You can track it online on their website. I believe there is an instruction there as well. If you lost your receipt then there’s no other option but to wait for CIC’s email response.
Thank you for your reply, Yes, this is how I know it has been delivered (by using canada post tracking number) then I can see some people here have got AOR from CIC but I haven't got anything and that's my concern whether I need to call their office?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Quick question regarding some of the forms used for this program.

I tried validating some of the forms and it seems those typical bar codes we see in other forms are not appearing. Is this normal?

Thanks for responses!

champ512
Usually that's an issue with the version of Adobe on your computer. I didn't see the bar code on a Mac but they did appear when I tried on a different version of Adobe on a Windows PC.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Can anybody answer,

If IRCC didn't ask for a specific doc. A government issued ID should suffice. As long as the name matches with the one provided for the lottery web form, you should be ok.