Med's Done....
Initial 15-01-2015, Re-medical on 11-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
I moved to Canada as a PR in March 2016 and have been working since Nov 2016. My Husband is working for past 6 years in Canada. All of his family is here and he has not sponsored anyone except me. I want to sponsor my parents to Canada and want to know if he can act as a co-signer now. My questions are :

1- Do I need to work for 3 years before I can start the process ?
2- I have an elder sister who was mentally ill and she is unmarried. She is perfectly fine now. She is 32 and I want to know I can sponsor her using any method ?

Thanks in advance.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I moved to Canada as a PR in March 2016 and have been working since Nov 2016. My Husband is working for past 6 years in Canada. All of his family is here and he has not sponsored anyone except me. I want to sponsor my parents to Canada and want to know if he can act as a co-signer now. My questions are :

1- Do I need to work for 3 years before I can start the process ?
2- I have an elder sister who was mentally ill and she is unmarried. She is perfectly fine now. She is 32 and I want to know I can sponsor her using any method ?

Thanks in advance.
1- If your husband meets LICO for the last three years and co-signs the application then it's not mandatory for you to be working for 3 years.
2- No, you can not sponsor a sibling.

Reactions: kriskris

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2- No, you can not sponsor a sibling.
But, if your sister is considered as a Type 2 dependent to your parents, then she can be included in your parents' application and become a PR along with them.

Definitions of Dependent children (Types 1 and 2)
Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements of type 1 or 2 below:

TYPE 1
The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).

TYPE 2
The child is 19 years of age or older and has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally I saw eCas showing my parents application.
Guys, could some help on that?
I need to know if its a good idea to change my parents overseas mailing address to my Canadian address. Is that possible and How?

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Finally I saw eCas showing my parents application.
Guys, could some help on that?
I need to know if its a good idea to change my parents overseas mailing address to my Canadian address. Is that possible and How?
When did IRCC receive your application?

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
They received it by end of July but they requested a fees payment form as they mentioned that the payment I did was incorrect so sent them payment receipt and explanation letter again. I hope to receive AOR soon.
Hi, my application was received by end of July but haven't received any email from them nor can I check online.

Jesus is the Xavoir

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello all
my sponsorship application got decision made on oct 10th,at the same time pr application also got changed to in process from application received.
but i haven't received any letter or emil yet regarding the decision
when i checked ECAS today it shows on pr column application received (again it changed back to application received from in process title).
can any one share their situation who got decision made on sponsorship,what it shows in PR column it is still application received or in process?
please help ,
Thank you all

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hello all
my sponsorship application got decision made on oct 10th,at the same time pr application also got changed to in process from application received.
but i haven't received any letter or emil yet regarding the decision
when i checked ECAS today it shows on pr column application received (again it changed back to application received from in process title).
can any one share their situation who got decision made on sponsorship,what it shows in PR column it is still application received or in process?
please help ,
Thank you all
On ecas when you check do you put your UCI no or ur parents?
I enter my UCI no and details but I can see nothing.