+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
We got selected in 2nd round for my wife's parents, however we just realized that we do not have sufficient income since I already submitted the sponsorship for my parents earlier, can we just sponsor only 1 parent instead of 2, we are only short of a few thousands for the first of the 3 years required for income, this is so sad!
You are one lucky man, to be selected twice in the same year.

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
You need to meet the minimum income eligibility for at least 3 years before you could consider applying.
Thank you! My husband and I met the minimum income, we've been married for 3 years. Someone told me that after I received my PR I have to wait 3 more years to sponsor my parents that's why I'm kinda confused

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all, so I was selected in the first round for my parents and now my husband got selected for his parents in the second round. We will be co signer to each other to meet the lico requirement. Would there be any issue as we are applying for 4 people(parents and in laws)?or is there any rule from cic that will prevent us from applying for in laws?(I have already submitted my papers in July).any info will be appreciated

Reactions: Alex_2017

Techo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/7/2015
Doc's Request.
Not yet
AOR Received.
28/8/2015
File Transfer...
28/9/2015
Med's Done....
Re-medical on 4/July/2016
Interview........
In process status on 19 October 2015
I have received invitation today ......

Reactions: Cocoa and Alex_2017

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hello all, so I was selected in the first round for my parents and now my husband got selected for his parents in the second round. We will be co signer to each other to meet the lico requirement. Would there be any issue as we are applying for 4 people(parents and in laws)?or is there any rule from cic that will prevent us from applying for in laws?(I have already submitted my papers in July).any info will be appreciated
you can sponsor 4 parents, you need to meet LICO criteria ... your + your spouse income should be matching or more to LICO of existing dependents in Canada + 4 more members

xyyigan1977

Apr 25, 2017
Congrats to all selected. You are one step closer to family reunion in Canada! Hopefully in 2018 the procedure could be revised to be fair to all qualified potential applicants. Implementing a self-assessment process will provide a guide letting people understand what they are getting in. And perhaps requiring a reasonable amount of non-refundable deposit, say $100, from all selected. By making the payment, it implies they know they are qualified and have the ability to complete process. Otherwise, invitations should be returned back to IRCC within a short time period to allow further draw taking place sooner.

btw, if 35% is successful rate, by the end of 2017 IRCC will only receive 3500+6500*35%=5775 full applications, and that's less than 60%, barely pass..

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Thank you! My husband and I met the minimum income, we've been married for 3 years. Someone told me that after I received my PR I have to wait 3 more years to sponsor my parents that's why I'm kinda confused
they are right. you have to have at least 3 tax returns

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
i suggest you start reading the guide to understand the process. This is the best way, instead of listening to people.

sunafi

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009

you can sponsor 4 parents, you need to meet LICO criteria ... your + your spouse income should be matching or more to LICO of existing dependents in Canada + 4 more members members
One more thing, LICO match should be for 3 years continusely, current dependent + 4 more, until LICO doesn't match, you can't qualify. Next year if your LICO for past 3 yr is not matching, you should not try and that way someone who has matching LICO might get chance..
Hope u consider the request.

Kwsltd

Mar 14, 2017
Me neither. Didn't get selected....
So frustrating. This is my 6th year trying..

Congrats to who got in!

PS. Is processing time still 4-6 years for the application? (From the time of application to land)

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
We got selected in 2nd round for my wife's parents, however we just realized that we do not have sufficient income since I already submitted the sponsorship for my parents earlier, can we just sponsor only 1 parent instead of 2, we are only short of a few thousands for the first of the 3 years required for income, this is so sad!
I think you shouldn't apply for the in-laws. If you do, it will affect your application that was already submitted because the number of the people you sponsor is increased and you don't have enough income. Even you only apply for one parent, the other is included in the number too just like you apply for two of them. So it's pointless. Just focus on the first submission. My two cents.

Last edited:

sefandan

Sep 7, 2017
Does anybody have any information about the processing times from sending in the application to landing?
I know that for those submitted before 2014 there was a really long wait (as cic website shows). Has this changed since?

Really appreciate your response!!

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014