+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Jesus is the Xavoir

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello all
My mother birth certificate has typo error in her name ,I am going to address this matter to Cic . Is there any format draft for explanation letter to address this above matter to Cic .
It will be great if anybody can help me on this .
thank you.

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Hi springrushes,

(a) No. Police Clearance Certificate is not required with first submission. You can do it later when you are asked for.
(b) If the length of stay is not more than 6 months, PCC is not required.
(c) Best option is to get the new marriage certificate issued, I had it done for my parents. If it's not possible, you can use an affidavit to declare that you do not have the document and still comply to same. With that, you can submit other proof like their name in passport as spouse to each other etc.
(d) No. IRCC will ask separately for medical at a later stage.

Having PCC and Medical done in advance may be resulted in repeated request from IRCC and at that time the document may have been expired as the validity generally is within 1 yr of date of issue.

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Hello all
My mother birth certificate has typo error in her name ,I am going to address this matter to Cic . Is there any format draft for explanation letter to address this above matter to Cic .
It will be great if anybody can help me on this .
thank you.
You can attach a clarification letter with an affidavit to declare the typo. But IRCC officer might ask to get the certificate re-issued.

Reactions: Jesus is the Xavoir

Jesus is the Xavoir

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
@ springrushes
Canada and US pcc are not required ,if they reside overseas more than six month then only you need to submit.yes only Indian pcc is sufficient.
At this time medical are not required,you will get request for medical from Cic .
Please follow the check list,you don't need to submit any additional documents unless they requested .
About marriage certificate I am not sure about it ...it would be better if they register thire marriage in India so that they can get the certificate.please contact advocate in India they will guide you through out the process .
If you don't have certificate at this moment you can send the application before the deadline by addressing this matter to Cic in explanation letter , once you issued the certificate then you can send it to Cic.please mention in letter that you are working on marriage certificate process .
Mean while you can send thire passport copy last page which shows spouse name in thire pp,also if any joint bank account or property document.any other documents which shows spouse name on it .
I hope this will help you .
Good Luck.God bless .

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi everyone. I dont know how to add myself to the spreadsheet. Please kindly add me. Name: Anng, country: Philippines adress it was sent: PO Box, date received: will be on July 13, 2017... Thank you so much. Good luck to all of us.

Kwsltd

Mar 14, 2017
Just food for thought...

So I get a call from my immigration lawyer the other week and he tells me PGP Sponsorship for 2017 (after filtering and disqualifying non-eligible applicants, only approximately 1000 people got accepted to apply). There may be another draw coming soon from the CIC from the rejected pool but CIC has not decided yet what to do.

I say this his info is pretty accurate cuz he did my sister's express entry and knew the changes coming far prior (3-4 months) to CIC announcements.

Keep your hopes up!

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Just food for thought...

So I get a call from my immigration lawyer the other week and he tells me PGP Sponsorship for 2017 (after filtering and disqualifying non-eligible applicants, only approximately 1000 people got accepted to apply). There may be another draw coming soon from the CIC from the rejected pool but CIC has not decided yet what to do.

I say this his info is pretty accurate cuz he did my sister's express entry and knew the changes coming far prior (3-4 months) to CIC announcements.

Keep your hopes up!
Define filtering:)

Jul 10, 2017
Hello,

I came across this thread and thought I will post my question here. I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me with this.
My dad is currently with me in Canada under the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. I'm working on his Permanent Residency application (as we got selected to apply this year under the PGP 2017).
In the IMM5786E Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Form - Question 3.
A) For the current undertaking (since I am sponsoring him with this application) I enter 1 - correct?
B) question i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor that are still in effect - do I also enter 1 here again, even though it's for the same person? In this case, my previous undertaking is sponsoring my Dad who is currently here on the Super Visa.

So as you can see, I'm a little confused if I should put 1 in both places for the same person in this case. Any advice / help is appreciated! Thanks

P.S. I didn't read through most of the thread yet, but from a quick glance it looks like everyone here is keeping track of when they applied, heard back etc related to the PGP 2017. Good luck to you all! :) My deadline to send in the application for my dad, is August 4, 2017 and I'm scrambling here to finish up the application package.

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
Has anyone received two emails for selection process? I received my first email from IRCC on April 25th that I have been selected to sponsor and I will have 90 days from that day but again on May 6th I have received another email from cic.cpcmississauga with a PDF attachment which has a barcode with the unique conrmaon number but this letter states that deadline has been extended to Friday august 4th 2017.
I just wanted t make sure that my 2nd email from cic Mississauga is valid and if another person received this email and if I can go by the new deadline from cic Mississauga email. I am still in process of collecting documents to sponsor my mom.

stan7175

Feb 14, 2014
Has anyone received two emails for selection process? I received my first email from IRCC on April 25th that I have been selected to sponsor and I will have 90 days from that day but again on May 6th I have received another email from cic.cpcmississauga with a PDF attachment which has a barcode with the unique conrmaon number but this letter states that deadline has been extended to Friday august 4th 2017.
I just wanted t make sure that my 2nd email from cic Mississauga is valid and if another person received this email and if I can go by the new deadline from cic Mississauga email. I am still in process of collecting documents to sponsor my mom.

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, everybody who was selected received these two emails.

SummerC

Dec 7, 2016
I noticed the cic website has updated form 1344, 5669, and 5768 in May and June 2017. Do we need to use the new form? or the ones downloaded in April are okay?