+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Puneet4111

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
2014 and 2015 you are a family of 3 ( 1 you + 2 your parents)
2016 you are family of 4 (1 you+ 2 your parents + 1 your wife)
2017 you are family of 5 with the birth of your baby.

2014 - $47,051
2015- $47,456
2016- $58,768
2017- is not required at this time and is not mentioned in the LICO chart in the guide. For 2016 however income for family size 5 is $66,654 so for 2017 it should be in that range as well within a margin of error so you need to maintain your annual gross income for 2017 onwards in that range. For now I would suggest attaching Option C printout from your CRA account along with giving consent for cic to access your cra account in the application for pgp.
Hope I covered everything.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate it

hyjk1982

Apr 26, 2011
Visa Office......
Do not know
NOC Code......
PGP
App. Filed.......
04-05-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
doe

downloaded it
I did the same, but I JUST submitted my wife's 2014-2016 option c as they requested, did you send your Option C as well? I want to know if that is the case for delaying our application.
Thank you.

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
The full date is stamped on the Certificate of Commemoration of
Canadian Citizenship which came with the original citizenship card. It
was an 8" x 11" piece of paper when received, reduced to 8" x 8.5"
when the top was removed along the perforations. It's a yellow-gold
colour with an image of parliament at the bottom. Under that image is
the date you are seeking. If you have a laminated card, the year is in
the box under YR-AP, probably only two digits (e.g., 76).

Now If you dont have that letter anymore

You can use the following link on cic website to file an application for them to search your wifes citizenship record and mail them to you. This may take upto 3 months so there is also an option for urgent processing. Im sure you would want to choose that option considering there is only around 40 days left for the pgp deadline. Still not sure how long the urgent processing takes.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/search-how.asp
Thanks so much for the response. I will try to get the citizenship record ASAP.
Worse come worse, i am not able to get the record back in time from CIC, is it possible i can put a random date along with the correct month and year, attaching a note to the form mentioning that i have submitted an application to CIC for a record search? Thanks again.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
did you guys uploaded the letter received too?or just used the case number when uploading?

ottawa_k

Jun 1, 2017
I did the same, but I JUST submitted my wife's 2014-2016 option c as they requested, did you send your Option C as well? I want to know if that is the case for delaying our application.
Thank you.
I did the same. I submitted just the downloaded option c of my wife for the three year. I submitted it on 13th June. Status still the same. Application received only.

ottawa_k

Jun 1, 2017
just uploaded. Nothing yet.
Well I have 2 applications. Both my and my wife's parents. I am anticipating that may be cause of delay in my case. My wife's parents application was received on May 10. They haven't asked any option c (for me) from my wife though. Who knows what goes on? As long as we all get in our parents here. good luck to all the applicants. And congrats to those whose sponsorship is already approved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys. I have a question. It may have been answered previously but I am still very confused. Need some advice from someone who has been in the same situation. I wanna know about family income requirement. So in 2014 I was not married and in 2015 I was not married and in 2016 I got married and in 2017 Feb I had a baby. So my question is how much income requirement do I need for 2014, 2015 and 2016 and for how many people. I'll appreciate it if someone can answer this question. Thanks so much in advance :)
IRCC uses the family size at the time you apply. They do not look at the family size for the individual years. You need to meet the LICO for 5 people for each of the three taxation years. You can include your spouse's income for each year as well.

2014 and 2015 you are a family of 3 ( 1 you + 2 your parents)
2016 you are family of 4 (1 you+ 2 your parents + 1 your wife)
2017 you are family of 5 with the birth of your baby.

2014 - $47,051
2015- $47,456
2016- $58,768
2017- is not required at this time and is not mentioned in the LICO chart in the guide. For 2016 however income for family size 5 is $66,654 so for 2017 it should be in that range as well within a margin of error so you need to maintain your annual gross income for 2017 onwards in that range. For now I would suggest attaching Option C printout from your CRA account along with giving consent for cic to access your cra account in the application for pgp.
Hope I covered everything.
IRCC does not look at the family size for each individual year. If they did, there would be three separate sections on the IMM5768 for determining the family size for the minimum necessary income instead of just one. Family size at the time of application submission applies to all three of the qualifying taxation years.

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

I mailed my documents on June 5th and it supposed to be there by June 6th and steel shows out for delivery and called to the Canada post and open a thicket number yesterday they told me it is there but, when they get the package you can see who signed. But anyone knows how many days will take they pick the items? Already passed 16 days and means nobody from immigration pick the items is it right?

Thanks