+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Chris1983

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

My spouse is a co-signer on the sponsorship application. She being a canadian citizen, i need to mention in the application the date she beacame a naturalized citizen. We have her citizenship card which mentions the month and the year of her becoming a canadian citizen. She does not remember the exact day of the month she became a citizen. How should i proceed about inputting the date on the application. Thanks for help.

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
My application received on May 29 2017..
NO AOR, but Got Sponsorship approval e-mail on 20-June 2017.File transferred to Ottawa visa office, no additional document requested
online status - sponsorship : decision Made, PR : In process
Congrats .. whats next step?? How long should this PR take time?

wreckitralph

Dec 24, 2012
Hello Fellas,

• I am filling up this IMM 5669E form - Schedule A - Background Declaration. In this form there are asking for Family name and Given name and both are mandatory fields without which the form can't be validated. But my parents passport only has given names in them with no surname and according to the CIC guidelines if this happens you need to put given name in the family name. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4). Also according to the same article I can't enter "NA" or "not applicable". They have told to just leave it blank. But blank does not work when validating the form.
  • Also in same form what should one write in question 10 Addresses, since my parents are here with me in Canada on a 6 months visit. Should I write my address in the Address first and then our address from India or just the India address, since they need to return back aswell and they have not left that house.
Folks, Pls suggest what to do??

Can someone pls confirm the answer to the second question.?

Thanks

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
I do not have a co-sponsor. My wife is earning but I dont want any complication of Form C etc. Do I still need my spouse signature somewhere in the forms. Because they did ask about her occupation on form 5769

nb1234

Jan 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

My spouse is a co-signer on the sponsorship application. She being a canadian citizen, i need to mention in the application the date she beacame a naturalized citizen. We have her citizenship card which mentions the month and the year of her becoming a canadian citizen. She does not remember the exact day of the month she became a citizen. How should i proceed about inputting the date on the application. Thanks for help.
The date will be on the Citizenship certificate front page and in the back page effective date of citizenship

Puneet4111

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
AINP
Hey guys. I have a question. It may have been answered previously but I am still very confused. Need some advice from someone who has been in the same situation. I wanna know about family income requirement. So in 2014 I was not married and in 2015 I was not married and in 2016 I got married and in 2017 Feb I had a baby. So my question is how much income requirement do I need for 2014, 2015 and 2016 and for how many people. I'll appreciate it if someone can answer this question. Thanks so much in advance :)

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hey guys. I have a question. It may have been answered previously but I am still very confused. Need some advice from someone who has been in the same situation. I wanna know about family income requirement. So in 2014 I was not married and in 2015 I was not married and in 2016 I got married and in 2017 Feb I had a baby. So my question is how much income requirement do I need for 2014, 2015 and 2016 and for how many people. I'll appreciate it if someone can answer this question. Thanks so much in advance :)
2014 and 2015 you are a family of 3 ( 1 you + 2 your parents)
2016 you are family of 4 (1 you+ 2 your parents + 1 your wife)
2017 you are family of 5 with the birth of your baby.

2014 - $47,051
2015- $47,456
2016- $58,768
2017- is not required at this time and is not mentioned in the LICO chart in the guide. For 2016 however income for family size 5 is $66,654 so for 2017 it should be in that range as well within a margin of error so you need to maintain your annual gross income for 2017 onwards in that range. For now I would suggest attaching Option C printout from your CRA account along with giving consent for cic to access your cra account in the application for pgp.
Hope I covered everything.

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
thanks a lot. so original and translated document should be notarized. i am i right?
Not the original. You do not need to attach any original document.
Just a copy of the original and the translation need to be attested.

Reactions: DENT

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
As per my understanding, you only notarize if you have non english or non french documents .
Yes. Any document that is in amy foreign language besides english and french need to be translated into either english or french and notary attested and both copy of the original document as well as the notary attested translation need to be included in the pgp application.

Reactions: DENT

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

The full date is stamped on the Certificate of Commemoration of
Canadian Citizenship which came with the original citizenship card. It
was an 8" x 11" piece of paper when received, reduced to 8" x 8.5"
when the top was removed along the perforations. It's a yellow-gold
colour with an image of parliament at the bottom. Under that image is
the date you are seeking. If you have a laminated card, the year is in
the box under YR-AP, probably only two digits (e.g., 76).

Now If you dont have that letter anymore

You can use the following link on cic website to file an application for them to search your wifes citizenship record and mail them to you. This may take upto 3 months so there is also an option for urgent processing. Im sure you would want to choose that option considering there is only around 40 days left for the pgp deadline. Still not sure how long the urgent processing takes.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/search-how.asp