+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Any tips for sending in application. E.g use separraters/cover page. Staple documents or if not allowed. Appreciate everyone for providing their experiences. Really useful for us.
E.g i am already sending option c print out even though I have given consent to use Sin number.

nb1234

Jan 8, 2015
My application received on May 29 2017..
NO AOR, but Got Sponsorship approval e-mail on 20-June 2017.File transferred to Ottawa visa office, no additional document requested
online status - sponsorship : decision Made, PR : In process

rielee

Sep 19, 2015
Hi everyone! I just arrived here in Toronto last October 2016, started working in November and so my taxes only reflect November until December of last year. I'm applying to sponsor my mother.

I hope you can advise me on these -

1. Are they really strict on income requirement, even though I have savings enough to cover me and my mother's application?

2. What happens if the application gets rejected, can the fees paid be used to apply on another year?

3. Do you have a contact number for parents sponsorship questions?

Thank you!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone! I just arrived here in Toronto last October 2016, started working in November and so my taxes only reflect November until December of last year. I'm applying to sponsor my mother.

1. Are they really strict on income requirement, even though I have savings enough to cover me and my mother's application?

2. What happens if the application gets rejected, can the fees paid be used to apply on another year?

Thank you!
1. Yes, they are strict on the income requirement. Your savings don't matter.

2. If the app is rejected, meaning they didn't actually start to process it, the fees will be refunded. If the app is refused, only a partial refund will be issued.

3. The only contact number is the Call Centre. They are pretty useless. Ask your questions here on the forum.

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Thank you!
Did you get the invitation letter from cic to sponsor your parents/grandparents ?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Thank you!
What do you mean you're "applying to sponsor your mother". Did you submit a lottery entry already, and you were selected?? Hopefully you didn't else you would just have wasted a lottery spot.

1. Yes it's strict. YOU DO NOT QUALIFY TO SPONSOR unless you have a Canadian/PR spouse or common-law partner that does meet the income for past 3 years. If you have qualifying income in 2017, 2018 and 2019, you can possibly apply to enter the lottery only in January 2020 or 2021 depending on income rules at that time.

2. Depending when it's rejected, sponsor fee would be gone. This may take several years to be rejected. If app proceeds to visa office to continue processing, more fees would be gone. Really applying to sponsor when you clearly don't meet the income requirement, is a complete waste of time and money.

3. Hire a lawyer or consultant, or ask to this forum.

Last edited:

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
My application received on May 29 2017..
NO AOR, but Got Sponsorship approval e-mail on 20-June 2017.File transferred to Ottawa visa office, no additional document requested
online status - sponsorship : decision Made, PR : In process
Wow, may 29? congrats

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Wow, may 29? congrats
anybody else in 10-11 period that has the status:"we received your application" and nothing else?did we made any mistakes on the app?

rielee

Sep 19, 2015
1. Yes, they are strict on the income requirement. Your savings don't matter.

2. If the app is rejected, meaning they didn't actually start to process it, the fees will be refunded. If the app is refused, only a partial refund will be issued.

3. The only contact number is the Call Centre. They are pretty useless. Ask your questions here on the forum.
Thank you so much. So they would reject it if you're not eligible to apply and refuse it if down the road they find out you don't really meet the requirements?

Did you get the invitation letter from cic to sponsor your parents/grandparents ?
Yes, I did get the invitation letter, but I guess they literally just raffle it out to those who entered the pool of interest.

What do you mean you're "applying to sponsor your mother". Did you submit a lottery entry already, and you were selected?? Hopefully you didn't else you would just have wasted a lottery spot.

1. Yes it's strict. YOU DO NOT QUALIFY TO SPONSOR unless you have a Canadian/PR spouse or common-law partner that does meet the income for past 3 years. If you have qualifying income in 2017, 2018 and 2019, you can possibly apply to enter the lottery only in January 2020 or 2021 depending on income rules at that time.

2. Depending when it's rejected, sponsor fee would be gone. This may take several years to be rejected. If app proceeds to visa office to continue processing, more fees would be gone. Really applying to sponsor when you clearly don't meet the income requirement, is a complete waste of time and money.

3. Hire a lawyer or consultant, or ask to this forum.
Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you so much. So they would reject it if you're not eligible to apply and refuse it if down the road they find out you don't really meet the requirements?

Yes, I did get the invitation letter, but I guess they literally just raffle it out to those who entered the pool of interest.
Yes.

You were supposed to make sure you qualified before submitting the interest form. You took a spot from a person who actually did qualify....

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

Thanks for the input, much appreciated!

You seem to be an educated professional yet you went ahead and submitted an entry to the lottery when CIC specifically asked everyone to read requirements to sponsor and make sure you are eligible. Now you have a spot out of the 10,000 invited to sponsor but based on what you ve stated on this forum you are clearly not eligible. So basically you took someone else spot who was eligible but now has lost their chance to sponsor their Parents. Sad how people would knowingly play ignorant and worse is the fact that some people at cic who came up with this system thought this was a good idea.

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
anybody else in 10-11 period that has the status:"we received your application" and nothing else?did we made any mistakes on the app?
I am in the same boat. My application was received on May 16th. I sent via CanadaPost so got a signature on delivery. I haven't received any confirmation from CIC till date.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
I am in the same boat. My application was received on May 16th. I sent via CanadaPost so got a signature on delivery. I haven't received any confirmation from CIC till date.
just got letter from them to send Option C for me, co-sponsor, for 2014, 2015, 2016 and proof of marriage for my father-in-law and mother-in-law.
Did anybody used the link to send the info?

Reactions: PGP2017Applicant

pav.scorpion

Apr 14, 2017
just got letter from them to send Option C for me, co-sponsor, for 2014, 2015, 2016 and proof of marriage for my father-in-law and mother-in-law.
Did anybody used the link to send the info?
So I guess, most of us who are still waiting from May 11-May 16 period might have something missing on the applications thats why we haven't heard back from them. So, I am also expecting a letter from CIC in coming days...