Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
and also my income is more than minimum income for 2016 .
so my question is : Do they consider that I came to Canada and start working from the middle of 2015?
You either meet the income or you don't, no exceptions. There is no consideration for when you came to Canada or what income would have been over a full year.

If you start qualifying with 2016 income, then with 2016/2107/2018 income you can possibly apply to lottery in 2019 or 2020 depending on rules at the time for income qualifying.

Hopefully you didn't waste a lottery spot this year.

Reactions: javkalin

Mimimo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
I think you can open a ticket number online, I opened it by phone. Call Canada post and ask for opening a ticket number. Tell them you are very concerned and you had sensitive documents.
Ok sure much appreciated! Also, do you know what is AOR?

AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt.

It means your application has been received by the visa post. Once you get it, you also get a file #. Then you have to wait for further instructions from the visa post (medical, decision, interview etc).
Is it correct??

Last edited:

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017

It means your application has been received by the visa post. Once you get it, you also get a file #. Then you have to wait for further instructions from the visa post (medical, decision, interview etc).
Is it correct??
Correct !

Reactions: Mimimo

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017

Is it correct??
Thank you Mimimo, I hope it works for you and Canada post makes sure CIC received your package.

For AOR, yes exactly, you are right :)

Reactions: Mimimo

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hi,

Is there anyone from Quebec who has applied/or preparing application for parents/Grandparents sponsorship ? I need to cross reference document checklist for Quebec residents.

Cheers !

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hello,
one question:
I became permanent resident at March 2015 and came to Canada at May 2015 and start my job since then , so I dont have any income in canada for 2014 and my income in 2015 based on CRA is a bit less than minimum income for family size of 5 (2 parents + me and my wife and my son) although my salary in the contract was more than that (I am full time employee) but because I came in the middle of the year so CRA shows like half of my actual salary for that year.
and also my income is more than minimum income for 2016 .
so my question is : Do they consider that I came to Canada and start working from the middle of 2015?

Regards
Another eligible spot wasted if you have been selected. :mad::mad:

Reactions: ALM123

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Can someone help clarify the following, please:
For parent/grandparent sponsorship:
some background info:
- friend is married but separated from spouse (she will select 'legally separated' for current marital status), no dependent children
- selected to sponsor her parents/grandparents
- parents are married and have no dependent children
- plans to sponsor just one parent at this time - is this possible?

Questions:

1). IMM0008 - Question 3: How many family members, including you, are in this application?
a) she wants to sponsor one parent at this time. Is the answer 1 or 2?
b) does the other parent go under the "dependent" section in this form?

The Guide says:
Who is the principal applicant?
In regard to you, the sponsor, the principal applicant is the person you are sponsoring to come to Canada and is declared as the primary applicant in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).

2). IMM0008 - under "dependents" section:
If she has to put the other parent under the "dependents" section:

For Question 11a) - Will accompany to Canada? No
Question 11b) Reason why dependent is non-accompanying - the main reason is:
- one other parent had a stroke and is not completely healed yet, so they don't know they will be able to pass medicals. So they don't want this to block the other parent as well, since if one person on the application is inadmissible, the rest are affected. Is this a 'acceptable' reason?
- the other issue is, sponsor meets income requirements for 3 persons not 4.

Are parents/grandparents exempt from "excessive demand"? I don't think so, but if someone can confirm, it will be greatly appreciated.

Financial Evaluation IMM5768E
Question 2 = 1
Question 3A - number of persons included in box #3 of Generic Application, IMM0008 = 1 or 2?
Question 3B = all zero (her spouse never immigrated to Canada, so the spousal undertaking never came into effect)
Question 4 - spouse/common-law partner is not co-signing undertaking, so left blank.
Question 5 - Your spouse or common-law partner if not included in 3. above. Provide details on the back of this page if he or she is not co-signing the undertaking.
a) if she is separated, does she still enter "1" here for her spouse and explain that they are separated?
Question 6 = zero

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
For Question 11a) - Will accompany to Canada? No
Question 11b) Reason why dependent is non-accompanying - the main reason is:
- one other parent had a stroke and is not completely healed yet, so they don't know they will be able to pass medicals. So they don't want this to block the other parent as well, since if one person on the application is inadmissible, the rest are affected. Is this a 'acceptable' reason?
- the other issue is, sponsor meets income requirements for 3 persons not 4.
It doesn't work this way. BOTH parents must be included in family size, and BOTH parents must pass the medical exam. If one parent fails the medical, neither can get PR status.

It doesn't matter if one parent is non-accompanying, both must still pass the medical.

Are parents/grandparents exempt from "excessive demand"? I don't think so, but if someone can confirm, it will be greatly appreciated.
No excessive demand exemption. If either parents has a condition which will cost more than the cost threshold (around $6500 per year), both parents will be rejected. Of course you'd be given a chance to respond to the concern first, but with a serious condition chances would not be good.

In general there is no advantage at all to list 1 parent as non-accompanying.

Last edited:

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
So now that my PGP application is in process I wanted to extend my parents visitors visa to canada. They are here in Canada visiting me right now and their visa expires in august. They plan to go back to india for a couple of weeks and return. I was hoping to apply for a visitors visa from within canada for them before they leave. However Im not sure if thats possible. I see an application to extend your stay in canada as a visitor but I believe its only Temporary resident permit that does not allow re entry only extend legal status as a visitor. Can anyone throw some light on this topic ? Thanks !

nylewer

Oct 22, 2016
Hi guys, I have one question. My father is the principal applicant, and my mother is included in the application. Now, do I need to submit photo of my mother too, or just my father's coz he is the principal applicant? Thanks.

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi guys, I have one question. My father is the principal applicant, and my mother is included in the application. Now, do I need to submit photo of my mother too, or just my father's coz he is the principal applicant? Thanks.
2 photos of the principal applicant only. (In your case your father).

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
for father and mother, I pay 1050 times ? (assuming I also pay PR fee in advance)
$75 for you the sponsor + $475 for the principal applicant (lets say ur father) + $490 right to permanent residence fee + $550 for spouse of principal applicant (ur mother) + $490 right to permanent residence fee. Total : $2080.

You hav the option of paying the right to permanent residence fee later in the application process so right now you can pay 75+475+550 = $1100