+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
deerestlovelybear said:
The only dependent children > 18 are children with disabilities, all others are considered as adult and independent. Note that if the child is dependent and > 18 then you must include that sibling in the total number of people for income requirements
Essentially to calculate the number of people for income , any child aged

< (less than) 19 should be included in the number of people for income
> (greater than) 19 should NOT be included in the number of people for income
> (greater than) 19 AND with disability should be included in the number of people for income

This is based on the definition of dependent child ( age < 19 or age > 19 with disability)

for the following forms

• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
and
  • Schedule A -Background/Decleration (IMM5669)

only children with the following age will have separate forms

18 < age < 19

is this true ?

lingcat11

Apr 29, 2017
If you was not selected, you have prepared a Family Reunification Application for submission in 2017 only to be surprised by a sudden change;
No warnings were given which is causing family and financial hardship; and
Lottery system mocks a very serious family issue of reunification.
We, the undersigned, citizens and permanent residents of Canada, call upon the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to:
1. Repeal the December 2016 change until a more comprehensive plan can be formulated and give people the opportunity to provide feedback about the coming changes;
2. Phase the changes in over the course of a few years, allowing the people who have prepared for 2017 to submit as per usual; and
3. Give previous lottery losers priority in the subsequent years if they do not make it in previous year lottery.

Please sign the e-739 (Immigration) in the parliament of CANADA before May 4, 2017. I was not allowed to post links, you can search it.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
lingcat11 said:
If you was not selected, you have prepared a Family Reunification Application for submission in 2017 only to be surprised by a sudden change;
No warnings were given which is causing family and financial hardship; and
Lottery system mocks a very serious family issue of reunification.
We, the undersigned, citizens and permanent residents of Canada, call upon the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship to:
1. Repeal the December 2016 change until a more comprehensive plan can be formulated and give people the opportunity to provide feedback about the coming changes;
2. Phase the changes in over the course of a few years, allowing the people who have prepared for 2017 to submit as per usual; and
3. Give previous lottery losers priority in the subsequent years if they do not make it in previous year lottery.

Please sign the e-739 (Immigration) in the parliament of CANADA before May 4, 2017. I was not allowed to post links, you can search it.
Its a very badly written petition that will go nowhere. Items 1 and 2 are now ancient history and have zero chance of happening.

If someone is serious about this, they should write a new petition that only speaks to fixing the lottery for next year.

sinx23

Apr 8, 2017
Folks, aside from signing the petition, I also sent my complaint and suggestion or any feedback to IRCC here:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.217647765.2045324427.1483452054

Send yours too so our voice can be heard by IRCC

Complaint: An unmet expectation relating to the department's services, performance, or processes.

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011

> (greater than) 19 AND with disability should be included in the number of people for income

This is based on the definition of dependent child ( age < 19 or age > 19 with disability)

for the following forms

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
and
Schedule A -Background/Decleration (IMM5669)

18 < age < 19

is this true ?

ccalzar17

Apr 29, 2017
Hi guys! I am just new here, I hope somebody can help me. I have been here in Canada for 1 year and I was chosen to sponsor my Parents under the PG program. Am I eligible to sponsor my Parents If I have been here in Canada for 1 year only? My wife will Co-sponsor me for my Parents. Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
malik786 said:

for the following forms

• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
and
  • Schedule A -Background/Decleration (IMM5669)

18 < age < 19

is this true ?
You are making this ridiculously complicated. Your brother isn't a dependent. End of.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ccalzar17 said:
Hi guys! I am just new here, I hope somebody can help me. I have been here in Canada for 1 year and I was chosen to sponsor my Parents under the PG program. Am I eligible to sponsor my Parents If I have been here in Canada for 1 year only? My wife will Co-sponsor me for my Parents. Thank you!
Do you and your wife meet LICO for 2014, 2015 and 2016?

ccalzar17

Apr 29, 2017
We only meet the LICO for 2016. I have been here in Canada for a year only. My wife has been here for 5 years. My question is even I have been here in Canada for one year only Am I eligible to sponsor my parents, We meet the 2016 LICO.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ccalzar17 said:
We only meet the LICO for 2016. I have been here in Canada for a year only. My wife has been here for 5 years. My question is even I have been here in Canada for one year only Am I eligible to sponsor my parents, We meet the 2016 LICO.
Only if you live in Quebec. Otherwise - no.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
ccalzar17 said:
This year's PGP program is so flawed it is almost shocking to think that no one had figured that it was prudent to ensure all names being placed into the lottery were those who actually met the requirements to sponsor.

It's fine saying there will be another lottery draw if people aren't legible out of those selected. What a waste of resources and time to not plan for this situation in advance.

If this system is not overhauled for next year then it would be unacceptable.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:
This year's PGP program is so flawed it is almost shocking to think that no one had figured that it was prudent to ensure all names being placed into the lottery were those who actually met the requirements to sponsor.
No one? Or they knew it all along?
People on this board, knew it the moment sign up page went live, and there were only boxes for name and email adress, not even captcha.
I refused to believe IRCC didn't know what would happen.
We were all hoping IRCC have some magic that we dont know of, to prevent this from happening..
I willing to bet this was intended to reduce application numbers. 2017, I guarantee qualified applications are less than 5k.
They made it sound like they were doing it make it fair? Rifhgt.....

If they really want to bring in 10k families, why wouldn't they do redraw? Oh right, not enough time becuae they waited 2 months to draw name, and giving 90days to sending applications... how convenient.... why do they give 90 days ? Anyone preparing to sponsor, had all their docs ready alreay by end of Dec. Even if they didn't, do you need 90 days? I can have all required docs, translated, notarized, signed in a month. Delay as much as so they can say there is no time for redraw and push over to 2018?

Taking my tinfoil hat off now hahaha

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
deerestlovelybear said:
Not only that, they must show income tax return showing Quebec residence and tax from last year. One cannot simply move to Quebec and be able to circumvent the income requirements and Quebec will verify their residency from last year documentations not this year
Totally agree to what you said. Though I am living in Quebec from the past 6 years (since I arrived in Canada) :)

RPh

Jan 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soonihope said:

It's fine saying there will be another lottery draw if people aren't legible out of those selected. What a waste of resources and time to not plan for this situation in advance.

If this system is not overhauled for next year then it would be unacceptable.
It would be interesting to know the rejection rates from 2014 to 2017. I'm pretty sure a lot of applicants went ahead and applied even if they weren't eligible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
RPh said:
It would be interesting to know the rejection rates from 2014 to 2017. I'm pretty sure a lot of applicants went ahead and applied even if they weren't eligible.
Yes - there are several people on this forum who applied in 2016 or earlier even though they weren't eligible (insufficient income). Their applications are now reaching the point where CIC is issuing fairness letters to give them one last opportunity to prove they did in fact have enough income before they are refused.