+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
Note the Liberals promised to raise the age of dependent up to age 21 and under. Just not sure when exactly this change will be implemented. But at least you may have a few more years to get a PGP app in with brother as dependent.
Yaa I know what you mean, But let's see what they have in plan for the people that didn't get selected but yet qualifies.

zarahsak

Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zarahsak said:
wow, its already end of the day. No news for us yet! :(
So she just got back to me and she confirmed another lottery after the 90 days period.
same random selection from the list.

EEapplicant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
IMPORTANT UPDATE

For all those who got the invitation to sponsor and forgot/misplaced their confirmation number they can submit their application WITHOUT putting the number on the printed email but REMEMBER to write a note that they lost the number

Source: Called CIC today and confirmed through IVR. :)

Cheers!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In any situation, if you have to write or remember a confirmation or reference number, and you don't have a paper or cellphone reminder, you're in front of the computer, open your email, copy paste the number and email it to yourself.

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
I have a question regarding counting the family size

My situation:

I am not married hence no spouse or children = 1

My parents = +2

Question:
My brother who is 22 years and 5 months old as of today = +1 or 0

so the total number of family members are 3 or 4 for sponsorship.

I am confused by the statement below from the application guide

Count:

yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types 1 and 2)”

Count:

the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

and this :

Who should be included in the sponsorship application?
The application should include:

The principal applicant who is being sponsored as a parent or grandparent,
The principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner
The principal applicant’s children from current and previous relationships whether they are coming to Canada or not.
All the family members whether accompanying or not the principal applicant to Canada must be declared on the application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare family members on the application and having them examined goes against the duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause them to be found inadmissible to Canada

My conclusion :

they are talking about dependent family members and the definition of dependent post 2014 is

Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
They must be:

• under the age of 19 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • 19 years of age or older and unable to be financially self-sufficient since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

My brother is none of the above hence

Family size = 3

However I need to add my brother in the application for future reference according to the application guide.

Seniors please help

Kamal_002

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
malik786 said:
I have a question regarding counting the family size

My situation:

I am not married hence no spouse or children = 1

My parents = +2

Question:
My brother who is 22 years and 5 months old as of today = +1 or 0

so the total number of family members are 3 or 4 for sponsorship.

I am confused by the statement below from the application guide

Count:

yourself,
your spouse or common-law partner and
dependent children, if applicable. See the “Definition of dependent child (types 1 and 2)”

Count:

the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

and this :

Who should be included in the sponsorship application?
The application should include:

The principal applicant who is being sponsored as a parent or grandparent,
The principal applicant’s spouse or common-law partner
The principal applicant’s children from current and previous relationships whether they are coming to Canada or not.
All the family members whether accompanying or not the principal applicant to Canada must be declared on the application and be examined. If family members are not examined, it is generally not possible to sponsor them at a later date. This includes children in the custody of a former spouse or common-law partner.

In addition, failure to declare family members on the application and having them examined goes against the duty to provide truthful and accurate information, and may cause them to be found inadmissible to Canada

My conclusion :

they are talking about dependent family members and the definition of dependent post 2014 is

Dependent children
Refers to the children of the applicant and those of the spouse or common-law partner, if applicable.
They must be:

• under the age of 19 and not have a spouse or common-law partner, or
  • 19 years of age or older and unable to be financially self-sufficient since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition.

My brother is none of the above hence

Family size = 3

However I need to add my brother in the application for future reference according to the application guide.

Seniors please help
Your brother is over 19 so you cannot include him in your application. You need income only for 3 members. Your brother details will be filled out in Family information form only.

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
i agree but both

• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
and
  • Schedule A -Background/Decleration (IMM5669)

have this line at the top respectively

The principle applicant, their spouse or Commons-law partner (if applicable) and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

The principal applicant ,his or her spouse or common-law partner ,if applicable, and all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the application for permanent residence must complete their own copy of this form.

it says dependent children over 18 and in IMM 5669 it says listed in permanent residence application.

the definition of dependent children is
19 and over.

So should I have both these forms for my brother who is 22 years and 5 months.

seniors help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
malik786 said:
The principle applicant, their spouse or Commons-law partner (if applicable) and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

It says dependent children over 18 and in IMM 5669 it says listed in permanent residence application.

the definition of dependent children is
19 and over.
Look at the basic definition of a dependent child and you see that your brother doesn't qualify.

In regards to the sentences you are quoting, note that there are TWO conditions to satisfy: a person must fit the definition of a dependent child AND be over the age of 18.

malik786

Star Member
Aug 6, 2011
so essentially these form will only be filled by

children age > 18

children age < 19
cause of dependent definition

seems odd though no?

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
can anyone give me an idea of the possible minimum income requirement for 2017 PGP programÉ

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
malik786 said:
so essentially these form will only be filled by

children age > 18

children age < 19
cause of dependent definition

seems odd though no?
No, it isn't odd. 18 year olds are adults, so it's perfectly reasonable that they should have to fill out their own forms. Also, not all dependent children are actually under 19; those who are over the age of 19 but are dependent on their parents because of a disability are still considered dependent children.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
No, it isn't odd. 18 year olds are adults, so it's perfectly reasonable that they should have to fill out their own forms. Also, not all dependent children are actually under 19; those who are over the age of 19 but are dependent on their parents because of a disability are still considered dependent children.
The only dependent children > 18 are children with disabilities, all others are considered as adult and independent. Note that if the child is dependent and > 18 then you must include that sibling in the total number of people for income requirements