+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Mxxc

Jul 27, 2018
Don’t be panic. You’ve done nothing wrong. Just call them or send them a web form to address the problem. Look up a few pages, someone already posted the number.
Thanks every one! She received another email with both the attachments. Medical forms for my mum and dad.

Reactions: mrmr80

Maybelyn

Jul 30, 2018
Hi there I want to know if is anyone in my situation, so I got selected on the sponsorship parents and grandparents 2018 .They have a timeline of 2 months to apply and sent the all package of documents wish I did on may 25 since then I haven't received any news from them or email, nothing. I know that CIC received my applications package because I tracked down by canada post. Please if anybody knows something I will appreciate any info. Thanks and good night

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto
Steaky,Yes you are right parents have to land Before passport expiry date and medical exam which ever earlier date ,that what I know.
But I just want to confirm let’s say if passport expiry date 6 years and medical expiry 9 months and visa grant till medical expiry date 9 months then they can come in Canada within 9 months?

I am just asking because my parents want to attend cousin marriage in India then would like to come Canada . There is no harm after visa if they come late, let’s say after 8 months? But before expiry of visa 9 months.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi there I want to know if is anyone in my situation, so I got selected on the sponsorship parents and grandparents 2018 .They have a timeline of 2 months to apply and sent the all package of documents wish I did on may 25 since then I haven't received any news from them or email, nothing. I know that CIC received my applications package because I tracked down by canada post. Please if anybody knows something I will appreciate any info. Thanks and good night
your answer see in my link below ;)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Steaky,Yes you are right parents have to land Before passport expiry date and medical exam which ever earlier date ,that what I know.
But I just want to confirm let’s say if passport expiry date 6 years and medical expiry 9 months and visa grant till medical expiry date 9 months then they can come in Canada within 9 months?

I am just asking because my parents want to attend cousin marriage in India then would like to come Canada . There is no harm after visa if they come late, let’s say after 8 months? But before expiry of visa 9 months.
its working

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Cutting close is ok.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Just small update for my application:

Medical Exam request received: July 26
Medical Exam done: July 30
Pre-Arrival Letter received: July 27

Quick question here

- Does Pre-Arrival letter even indicate anything ?
- In spreadsheet, I see people phrase "IME Passed". How would you know if you passed or not ?
the doctor told my parents result will be send to CIC via internet in 7-10 days if nothing major health issue discovered...

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Another update, or I want to verify with people here.
Just checked myCIC and realized below message changed.
Does this indicate my application is BC in Progress ?
Ecas has nothing changed btw...

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Another update, or I want to verify with people here.
Just checked myCIC and realized below message changed.
Does this indicate my application is BC in Progress ?
Ecas has nothing changed btw...

Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check

Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
yes

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
More invitations to sponsor parents and grandparents going out this week

Ottawa, July 30, 2018—Family reunification is a top immigration priority for the Government of Canada. In order to meet high demand for the parents and grandparents sponsorship program, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will send a second round of invitations this week to additional potential sponsors who completed an Interest to Sponsor form earlier this year.

• Invitations will be sent to potential sponsors beginning on July 31, 2018.
okey, 15000 is not enough

Reactions: kevin.pete

hasan110

May 30, 2011
Can someone please let me know how much time they gave for landing after the PR visa is stamped? Is it before the medical expires or is it new time line started after visa stamping date? Thanks