+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Sunny6a

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I have no experience with SV. What do they check for super visa applicants?
The entire thing is a simple process and gets over by 30-45 minutes. Unless u have a medical history of serious illnesses, u'd be thru w/out any hassle. Here's what they check:

Extract from the Medical Request letter of CHC:
Quote/
7. The Designated Medical Practitioner will arrange for the following tests:

- Large PA chest X-ray together with a radiologist's report for any person 11 yrs of age or older.
- Blood test (VDRL or similar test) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- A Urinalysis (sugar, protein, blood) for all applicants 5 yrs of age or older.
- HIV test for any person 15 yrs of age or older, children who have received blood or blood products, or have a known HIV mother, and all potential adoptees.

8. Additional tests may be required if a medical condition is identified. The Immigration Medical Services have provided guidelines to the examining physician, detailing medical situations/conditions which require additional tests. Allowing the examining physician to follow the guidelines at the initial appointment will expedite your application.
Unquote/

Besides the above, there will also be an 'Eye Test'. It is just a long distance reading of the Vision Table.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: BySee and Rjaggs

can123456

Nov 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
We just entered into stage 3, I got approved as a sponsor. We have been doing email correspondence, I got updates only through email which is handy because I check it all the time. My question; is it worth it to register and link my application with my GCKey? It says once I do that, I will not get any response via email, only to the linked account through the website.

Is it worth it? I will not have time to check the website every day and I don't want to miss any requests if there is any. Any thoughts on this? Are there more information available on this website?

Thanks,
BySee
You do not need to check website everyday, everytime there is an update or message for you, you will receive email on the linked email account notifying you about the message.

Reactions: BySee

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello, Just a heads up for my mother in law (MIL) application, i just got an email requesting a copy of her husband's death certificate. My father in law passed away in 1998 and the family never registered the death of applied for a death certificate. I don't know how long it will take to get a death certificate given that he passed a way in 1998. Can I write a letter to CIC explaining the situation or is it absolutely necessary for us to get the death certificate.

Based on experience here can someone please advice.
Hi, I have also received a request for death certificate for my father. He passed away 8 years ago. Now not sure what to do. Anybody with similar experience?

melody98

Nov 21, 2016
Hi, I have also received a request for death certificate for my father. He passed away 8 years ago. Now not sure what to do. Anybody with similar experience?
We had the same request last year for my father's death certificate. I mailed the notarized copy (with translation if the original copy is in other language) to the address given in the request letter.

KKOCT2013

Jun 17, 2014

Thanks for replying. I am not sure what to do. I have asked my brother in law in India to see whats to process.
I don't know if it is mandatory, I noticed in the letter is stated "if you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available". I am thinking of writing a letter explaining the situation not sure.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
May 30th, 2018: Police report, CV, payment receipt requested.
May 31st, 2018: All the documents uploaded.

Thanks Julia-2016 for adding the info to the sheet.

Last edited:
Reactions: YULIA-2016

dok

Apr 20, 2014
We had the same request last year for my father's death certificate. I mailed the notarized copy (with translation if the original copy is in other language) to the address given in the request letter.
Hello, can you share your experience? I sent in my application in April 2nd, 2018. Received AOR within 4 days. When I received the death certificate request, I check ECAS and sponsor's side shows APPLICATION RECEIVED and application (my mother) side shows IN PROCESS. My mom's MYCIC account got updated and now they are reviewing her eligibility and background is in process. I don't quite understand. Does it mean she is receiving some faster processing? Please your comments will be appreciated. Thanks

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Thanks for replying. I am not sure what to do. I have asked my brother in law in India to see whats to process.
I don't know if it is mandatory, I noticed in the letter is stated "if you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available". I am thinking of writing a letter explaining the situation not sure.
Maybe, first try to see if you can get it. Did you see any changes/updates in ECAS or MYCIC? Do you have Sponsor Approval?

KKOCT2013

Jun 17, 2014
Maybe, first try to see if you can get it. Did you see any changes/updates in ECAS or MYCIC? Do you have Sponsor Approval?
The only change that I see in ECAS is Permanent Residence Application Status is "in process" and Sponsorship Application Status states " Application Rec'd. How about yours?

dok

Apr 20, 2014
The only change that I see in ECAS is Permanent Residence Application Status is "in process" and Sponsorship Application Status states " Application Rec'd. How about yours?
Which year month did you apply? Mine too ECAS is Permanent Residence Application Status is "in process" and Sponsorship Application Status states " Application Received". We have the same status. Do you have access the Parent's MyCIC Account?

I am planning of submitting explanation letter in lieu of the death certificate

KKOCT2013

Jun 17, 2014
Which year month did you apply? Mine too ECAS is Permanent Residence Application Status is "in process" and Sponsorship Application Status states " Application Received". We have the same status. Do you have access the Parent's MyCIC Account?

I am planning of submitting explanation letter in lieu of the death certificate

Submitted the application in on March 23 2018. No i dont have access to MyCIC, having challenges linking the application o_O

Last edited:

dok

Apr 20, 2014
You should be able to link it. For number of persons, count yourself, co-sponsor, principal applicant(s) and number of dependents listed on the application. And you should be ok.

KKOCT2013

Jun 17, 2014
You should be able to link it. For number of persons, count yourself, co-sponsor, principal applicant(s) and number of dependents listed on the application. And you should be ok.
When do you plan on submitting the letter explaining the the reason for no death certificate?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
happy to report medical status changed to passed...finally.. We received medical request on May 4th and we did medicals on May 8th and status just got changed to passed today. anymore PCC or passport request form Ottawa yet?
yes, one request +1