Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Yulia, when was the last time we heard from New Delhi? (I am assuming this will be a 2016 application and not 2017).

P.S. I noticed few people redid Medical for New Delhi because they expire. They seem to be the most brilliant bunch out there.

Thanks,
March 2018 for PGP 2016, nothing for 2017 so far

Sanjeevarao

Sep 27, 2009
As far as I understand, you can not sponsor just one parent, the way parents sponsorship works is if your parents are still married to each other, then you can NOT sponsor just one of them. That might be the reason that IRCC sent the medical request for both of them.

Also, once the medical result is passed, you might get a notification from IRCC to pay fee for your mother also. Perhaps, this is very strange that IRCC officer didn't notice in your file that you are sponsoring just your father, I would say that luck was on your side that they didn't reject the file. My suggestion is to get medical for your father and mother done.
I did call CIC ofcourse it took an hour to get to talk with someone but the answers were helpful. According to them even though one parent is not accompanying, officers still need to check their backgrounds and medicals. When I told them that my mom is bedridden and is not mobile, they said to get a certificate from the doctor who is treating her about her immobility and send it to Visa office stating an explanation why my mom could not do medical evaluation. They mentioned by doing this, it would help in not delay the process of my dad's application.

Reactions: gst8486

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
March 2018 for PGP 2016, nothing for 2017 so far
Thanks for looking that up. It's not easy to see it in excel sheet. Is it possible to turn ON filters on the excel so individual users can filter for certain LVOs or other columns?

So based on this I guess we will have to wait till March 2019 or so to hear from India LVO. It's weird how they wait so long that medicals expire as well. Of course the issue is a very slow process pace for every aspect of an application.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks for looking that up. It's not easy to see it in excel sheet. Is it possible to turn ON filters on the excel so individual users can filter for certain LVOs or other columns?

it must be separate page and i'm not the owner

So based on this I guess we will have to wait till March 2019 or so to hear from India LVO. It's weird how they wait so long that medicals expire as well. Of course the issue is a very slow process pace for every aspect of an application.
should be faster for 2017, lets see

ottawa_k

Jun 1, 2017
Guys, I got medical request for my parents and getting it done this week. What about PCC? I never submitted one for my parents. I see some people are getting passport request without police clearance. Is PCC needed these days? Visa processing office is Ottawa.

Also, my parents are here on supervisa from India. If PCC is needed, can we get it from Indian embassy? They ask for proof of status. Is supervisa a status proof enough to get PCC from Indian embassy in Canada?

Reactions: Bingoye

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I did call CIC ofcourse it took an hour to get to talk with someone but the answers were helpful. According to them even though one parent is not accompanying, officers still need to check their backgrounds and medicals. When I told them that my mom is bedridden and is not mobile, they said to get a certificate from the doctor who is treating her about her immobility and send it to Visa office stating an explanation why my mom could not do medical evaluation. They mentioned by doing this, it would help in not delay the process of my dad's application.
Unfortunately, there is high probability your application will be rejected. Both parents need to pass medical to be accepted, if one fails or can not appear for medical the app is rejected. Reason being, the successful parent can then sponsor the other under spousal category where the app can't be rejected solely based on 'excessive medical demand' criteria. Only way to sponsor one parent is if they're either divorced or legally separated or may be under humanitarian grounds - which is a way longer process. IRCC call centre will never say this upfront since they don't have decision making powers.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
should be faster for 2017, lets see
I doubt that because with 2016 applications they were requesting PCC and IME in weeks to months of receiving the applications at LVO but they have not done that to any of the 2017 applications. It seems they slowed the process half through 2016 applications and have been playing turtle since then. It's crazy that they let medical expire; what if someone's health status changes and they don't qualify anymore while they would have in the first medical exam (unfair I think).

Bingoye

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Guys, I got medical request for my parents and getting it done this week. What about PCC? I never submitted one for my parents. I see some people are getting passport request without police clearance. Is PCC needed these days? Visa processing office is Ottawa.

Also, my parents are here on supervisa from India. If PCC is needed, can we get it from Indian embassy? They ask for proof of status. Is supervisa a status proof enough to get PCC from Indian embassy in Canada?
Have the same question, hope anyone could answer.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
It's crazy that they let medical expire; what if someone's health status changes and they don't qualify anymore while they would have in the first medical exam (unfair I think).
agreed :(

sthuse

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
today i was checking my citizenship application and noticed that the parents sponsorship application status was changed to "Decision made" i logged into the CIC account for my parents and no communication or updates on their account; it is still " we are reviewing the eligibility" is this normal ?

any pointers?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Sanjeevarao, thank you for sharing the information and I am sorry to hear about your Mom's health.
Its goo that you talked to the CIC call centre and got an idea of course of action you should follow. Good Luck!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
today i was checking my citizenship application and noticed that the parents sponsorship application status was changed to "Decision made" i logged into the CIC account for my parents and no communication or updates on their account; it is still " we are reviewing the eligibility" is this normal ?

any pointers?
The sponsor account on CIC Status Check (not my CIC account) shows more info on sponsored person(s) than looking at sponsored person(s) own file.

Welcome to world of dissaray of technology and process of CIC.

Reactions: sthuse