+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

nb1234

Jan 8, 2015
My parents got Medical request on 4, may.. I downloaded Form IMM 1017 from My CIC account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocoa

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto
Hi
I have question regarding father passport renewal.
Passport issue county is India , state -Punjab
My father passport will expire in December ,2018
Now medical is requested ,anyone have idea when IRCC could ask PCC after medical?
Should We apply for passport renewal now before PCC or after PCC?
I guess passport renewal overall time is around 2 month

Note: My concern is towards renewal because when IRCC will ask for passport for PR visa ,at that point of time passport should have atleast 6 months validity period of time before expiry date .

Please suggest what should we do in this case?

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi
I have question regarding father passport renewal.
Passport issue county is India , state -Punjab
My father passport will expire in December ,2018
Now medical is requested ,anyone have idea when IRCC could ask PCC after medical?
Should We apply for passport renewal now before PCC or after PCC?
I guess passport renewal overall time is around 2 month

Note: My concern is towards renewal because when IRCC will ask for passport for PR visa ,at that point of time passport should have atleast 6 months validity period of time before expiry date .

Please suggest what should we do in this case?
You need to apply for new passport now. Or they won't give you the visa if your passport will be expired in 6 months.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hello Friends

Today i have received notification for my parents medical request for their PGP 2017 application (2nd Round). My parents got super visa in September 2017 and did their medical exam in July 2017. Does anyone know how long a medical is valid from the date they take the medical exam. My parents did their medical for Super Visa on 13th July 2017 and got the Super Visa based on that report. If this report is still valid is there way we can utilize this for the PGP application and the medical request we have received today. And how do i inform IRCC about this or attach the report so they consider the report from last year.

your help would be highly appreciated.

VISA Office: Ottawa, so good luck to all of you as seems like they are working on the files now.

thanks in advance
It's one year. So you should do it again now to avoid delay.

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for your prompt reply

I was thinking the same to apply for passport renewal now but what if they will ask for PCC soon and only 30 days time to get it done after medical then my parents passport will not be in their hands to show for PCC if they apply for renewal it may take 2 months thats why I am asking when IRCC may ask for PCC after medical

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I got an email notification, then I went to my linked account to find the message and the letter/form. The medical exam had been done last Saturday, May 5th! Now the new waiting is begun....

Reactions: mrmr80

spy118

Feb 15, 2017

I was thinking the same to apply for passport renewal now but what if they will ask for PCC soon and only 30 days time to get it done after medical then my parents passport will not be in their hands to show for PCC if they apply for renewal it may take 2 months thats why I am asking when IRCC may ask for PCC after medical
Usually IME and PCC are requested together. It's hard to say when you'd be asked for it.
I'd the understanding that you can apply for the new passport and had to surrender the old one when collecting the new document. May be you can ask the passport office if that's a possibility.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014

It won't be that fast. They probably need police report or even background check.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Don't think anyone here knows the answer to that. It's been pretty random so far.
It's not random. Except some areas have specific LOC, the cases that go to Ottawa seem relatively simple, probably they did a primary evaluation. But it's not necessarily faster :(
The cases went to other offices ( they also could go Ottawa but they didn't) will be asked more questions and more clarifications.It just seems so to have happened to some friends.

Last edited:

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
It's not random. Except some areas have specific LOC, the cases that go to Ottawa seem relatively simple, probably they did a primary evaluation. But it's not necessarily faster :(
The cases went to other offices ( they also can go Ottawa but they didn't) will be asked more questions and more clarifications.It just seems so to have happened to some friends.
What I meant was there's no apparent rhyme or reason. Of course, there's a process in the background that we're not aware of.
It was mentioned earlier last year that few cases went to Ottawa since they'd super visa or the applicant was already in Canada but that proved to be wrong in other cases. At least, we're not in a position to determine which cases would definitely be sent to Ottawa but could only assume.

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
What I meant was there's no apparent rhyme or reason. Of course, there's a process in the background that we're not aware of.
It was mentioned earlier last year that few cases went to Ottawa since they'd super visa or the applicant was already in Canada but that proved to be wrong in other cases. At least, we're not in a position to determine which cases would definitely be sent to Ottawa but could only assume.
It's true. We can't choose now. In some years before, I remember 2014 bunch, the LOC could be chosen. Anyway, it's out of our hands now.

MrsMN

Jun 12, 2017
So happy to see that the Ottawa office is finally moving. Fingers crossed that it won't be too much longer than the year we have already been waiting.

Canadacase

Jul 1, 2017
Toronto
Hi
Medical Request already received
Is it possible to get PCC done before asking IRCC.?
Actually We have to send our parents passport for renewal so just to avoid further detail I am thinking to get PCC done with the current passport and request for renewal passport.

How long PCC will be valid ?if we will get it done now .