Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I recommend you to fill it out to avoid delay
Hi, could you please confirm how the local visa office in parent's country corresponds with the representative located in Canada ? Is all correspondence via email ? I'm wondering if they send anything by regular mail, wouldn't it cause more delays to send it all the way to Canada ? Thanks!

Last edited:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi, could you please confirm how the local visa office in parent's country corresponds with the representative located in Canada ? Is all correspondence via email ? I'm wondering if they send anything by regular mail, wouldn't it cause more delays to send it all the way to Canada ? Thanks!
by email

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
One more question please. I'm filling out all the forms on my parent's behalf. Then thinking of emailing the filled out pdfs to them, they can print them, sign and courier back to me.

At first, I was thinking they could just courier back the pages they need to sign on instead of the complete package. But it looks like every time I print the forms or save them, it changes the barcodes and the number at the bottom of every page on the forms. I wonder if this number mismatches between the signature pages and the rest, would IRCC return the application ?

Did you encounter this issue ? Thank you so much!

Edit: looks like only the sponsorship agreement form and the generic application form have the barcodes and this number changing problem. I suppose they can send a complete printout of these 2 form. Rest I can print here.

I would appreciate if people can share how they handled this. Did you get your parents to mail back the entire package or just the pages that require their signatures ? Thanks!

Last edited:

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi, could you please help answer the following questions ? Thank you

1) Did you fill out the Use of Representative form ? If the representative is in Canada, parents are back home, then does the local visa office in the home country mail all correspondence to Canada (where the representative lives) ? Or is everything sent via email to the representative.

2) Did you provide photocopies all the pages of the passport (including stamps, visas, and blank pages) or just the bio pages for the principal applicant and all dependents ?
1- Yes, if you don't fill it out you wouldn't be able to get status updates on applicant's behalf. All correspondance so far has been over email or CIC profile inbox except the SA letter that was sent to the sponsor's Canadian address. Provide your email address on the form.

2- No. Just the first couple of pages with passport holder info.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
One more question please. I'm filling out all the forms on my parent's behalf. Then thinking of emailing the filled out pdfs to them, they can print them, sign and courier back to me.

At first, I was thinking they could just courier back the pages they need to sign on instead of the complete package. But it looks like every time I print the forms or save them, it changes the barcodes and the number at the bottom of every page on the forms. I wonder if this number mismatches between the signature pages and the rest, would IRCC return the application ?

Edit: looks like only the sponsorship agreement form and the generic application form have the barcodes and this number changing problem. I suppose they can send a complete printout of these 2 form. Rest I can print here.

I would appreciate if people can share how they handled this. Did you get your parents to mail back the entire package or just the pages that require their signatures ? Thanks!
I'd print the entire application, scan the pages that need signature and email them over. Once you get them back, attach with the rest of the pages that were already printed and send it out. That would solve the barcode mismatch issue.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I'd print the entire application, scan the pages that need signature and email them over. Once you get them back, attach with the rest of the pages that were already printed and send it out. That would solve the barcode mismatch issue.
Thank you! Much appreciated

AutumnLeaves

Mar 25, 2018
Seniors, please help!

I made a terrible mistake of misplacing my parents name in the application form and now I got selected!

Eg. John Smith Trevor

I put Smith as the surname and the first name as John Trevor. (This is a mere example, because the actual names are a bit confusing due to ethnicity)

What do you guys suggest that i can do to fix this mistake, other than trying to explain when I submit all the documents? Have you guys seen cases with similar problems?

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

YRM

Oct 16, 2017
Good morning all,
I received an email with the approval as sponsor.
Please someone update the spreadsheet for me.

Sponsor Status Approval SA: March 23, 2018
Local Visa Office: Mexico

I am wondering what the next step is. How do we know we should proceed to IME/PCC ?
Thank you in advance,

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Good morning all,
I received an email with the approval as sponsor.
Please someone update the spreadsheet for me.

Sponsor Status Approval SA: March 23, 2018
Local Visa Office: Mexico

I am wondering what the next step is. How do we know we should proceed to IME/PCC ?
Thank you in advance,
You will get an email for IME & PCC.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Anyone

Barcode changing is NOT a problem. It's a readable barcode where all data is in it probably and maybe it uses timestamp so it changes.

Finish typing the whole application and print it and send for signing.

depeshn

Star Member
May 3, 2013
1- Yes, it is. If you don't have it, submit an affidavit.
2- Not that I'm aware of.
3- No. I'd wait until you're asked for it at a later stage. IME and PCC expire after 1 year and 6 months respectively and no one knows how long it'd be before you're asked to submit.

Thank you

depeshn

Star Member
May 3, 2013
1- Yes, it is. If you don't have it, submit an affidavit.
2- Not that I'm aware of.
3- No. I'd wait until you're asked for it at a later stage. IME and PCC expire after 1 year and 6 months respectively and no one knows how long it'd be before you're asked to submit.

One last question->
1) In the document checklist, there is an ask for Marriage Certificate - Shall I select the checkbox (saying yes) and submit the affidavit of marriage?