+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
I saw some one mentioned one year of processing time. Actually I saw in my document, there is a one year deadline to give some sort of the answer to the application from the date of SA. My guess is some people would get approved, some will get requiring document or something. So we will see, my one year is in 3 months.
Why did you have the need to order GCMS notes? Were there any concerns about processing time?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My friends applied in 2016, the parents landed in 10 months. I just want to see why 2017 batch is so slow. Well, nothing special at all.
just some lucky people in each of year, i'm 2016 and still waiting PPR, somebody still waiting Medical

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Getting frustrated at this point, cic asked for NOA on 14th of Feb and advised me to fax them for quick process. i faxed them the other day but they haven't touched my file since then. It's been almost 1 month now. I guess they won't process my file until 14th of March :( the way they are moving doesn't seem like it will take 1 year unless it's London LVO

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi everyone, got an update on my parents' application. Received a medical request for both of them, I am just confused my mom's supervisa is expiring at the end of March 2018 (2 years from first entry) so she applied for extension now she got a medical request for supervisa and another one for the PGP application, The panel doctor's office said they can only process one, so I am not sure what to do with this. Any idea?

They have also requested police clearance and other documents (birth cert, Form 137). They only have 30 days to comply. They have also requested documents from my younger sister (added as dependent) but no medical request for her yet. I hope everything goes well, my parents are in Canada under supervisa and getting the police clearance (nbi clearance) while in Canada is quite complicated and hopefully we can submit on time.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Hi Cabalen, do you have any further update after this?
Nope! I am still waiting and waiting and waiting.... Hope to get an update this year.

Cabalen

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
Med's Request
05-11-2014
Med's Done....
06-11-2014
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2015
LANDED..........
21-03-2015
Why did you have the need to order GCMS notes? Were there any concerns about processing time?
I also requested GCMS for my mom to see what's happening. At least to have an idea but they keep saying that they have no record that my mom is here in Canada. They were requesting a scanned copy of the immigration stamps in here passports but they don'e stamp passports anymore. It is all electronic. So I send them the stamps of the immigration coming out of our country. Lately did I see that you can send them the boarding pass as a proof now.

Anyway still waiting if my GCMS got approve after a month or so.

vinceyhb

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Sponsorship application became In Process and saw a new line on ECAS: We started processing your application on March 8, 2018.

MrsMN

Jun 12, 2017
Is it possible to do parent’s upfront medical without the medical request
I thought about doing that but the medical is only valid for a certain amount of time. With the length of time this is taking I figured it would just be a waste of my time and money. I was right as it would have expired long ago and despite being approved as sponsor 9 months ago, my mum's PR is still showing "Application Received".

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
should be good
Can someone update my record in spreadsheet for hs202.
Passport request 23 Feb
Passport sent 26 Feb
Passport for pickup from Courier service 1 Mar
Issue date written on COPR received is 15 Feb
Total time until visa received is 13 Nov

You may want to add in special notes that medicals were done in Nov 2017 but there was delay in providing 1 of the 4 police certificates. This police certificate was requested again on 12th Feb through request of additional documents.

So PR for my parents done in 8 months from the time application was submitted. Happy to answer anyone's questions through direct message

Reactions: Alex_2017

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, got an update on my parents' application. Received a medical request for both of them, I am just confused my mom's supervisa is expiring at the end of March 2018 (2 years from first entry) so she applied for extension now she got a medical request for supervisa and another one for the PGP application, The panel doctor's office said they can only process one, so I am not sure what to do with this. Any idea?

They have also requested police clearance and other documents (birth cert, Form 137). They only have 30 days to comply. They have also requested documents from my younger sister (added as dependent) but no medical request for her yet. I hope everything goes well, my parents are in Canada under supervisa and getting the police clearance (nbi clearance) while in Canada is quite complicated and hopefully we can submit on time.
Get medical done two times. Thats what I have to do. My parents did medical test in 3 weeks difference. First for super visa. Then for PR. As we too get medical requests on each of separate applications . I did try uploading super visa medical results for PR consideration. But of no use.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Can someone update my record in spreadsheet for hs202.
Passport request 23 Feb
Passport sent 26 Feb
Passport for pickup from Courier service 1 Mar
Issue date written on COPR received is 15 Feb
Total time until visa received is 13 Nov

You may want to add in special notes that medicals were done in Nov 2017 but there was delay in providing 1 of the 4 police certificates. This police certificate was requested again on 12th Feb through request of additional documents.

So PR for my parents done in 8 months from the time application was submitted. Happy to answer anyone's questions through direct message
Congratulations! What was your visa office?

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Get medical done two times. Thats what I have to do. My parents did medical test in 3 weeks difference. First for super visa. Then for PR. As we too get medical requests on each of separate applications . I did try uploading super visa medical results for PR consideration. But of no use.
I was planning to only do the PR medical and send it for supervisa as well... can’t it be done that way? How did you know that the supervisa medical was invalid for pr application? Did the immigration said it was unacceptable?