+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Hi

I am about to submit application for my parents and have three questions

1) Do I ve to send certified copy of my PR card? Or the regular copy is fine? Same for my passport copy.
2) On financial evaluation form (IMM5768E), question 6 i.e. every other family member, i am trying to enter value but it is not showing any value but it adds up in question 7 box. Is this happening with other people too?
3) In Document checklist, under Section A, point 5 is to attach copy of travel document or passport of principal applicant and each accompanying dependent. (Does this needs to be certified too?

Thanks

pgpquestion

May 9, 2017
Quick question, if I don't have a co-sponsor, do I still need to fill out Question 15, 16 and 17 of the form IMM5768E Financial Evaluation?

Or can I just say Not Applicable?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Quick question, if I don't have a co-sponsor, do I still need to fill out Question 15, 16 and 17 of the form IMM5768E Financial Evaluation?

Or can I just say Not Applicable?
You do need to fill out Q15. However, you can write "Not Applicable" wherever you can in Q16 & Q17. Note that, Q1A will set the right tone for CIC to look for co-sponsor's info.

Indian girl

May 11, 2017
IMM 1344 page 3 Q9

What if my cosigner previously married question answer is yes- then Under family name - after marriage his previously wife used his family name.

But after divorce don't know what she use now.

So what would be family name ? Keep the previous name or just use the given name as family name , hope she don't change the given name .

And second question length of relationship
From to?

From - date or marriage or engagement?

To date of divorce or date of separation

Expert advice please.........

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
IMM 1344 page 3 Q9
What if my cosigner previously married question answer is yes- then Under family name - after marriage his previously wife used his family name.
But after divorce don't know what she use now.
So what would be family name ? Keep the previous name or just use the given name as family name , hope she don't change the given name.
It's a tough call. You can always take a sneak peek at her social profile and find out more. However, I would rather go with her original family name (father's last name) and include a brief explanation letter with the application. DO NOT copy her given name into family name.

And second question length of relationship
From to?
From - date or marriage or engagement?
To date of divorce or date of separation

Expert advice please.........
It depends on "Type of Relationship".
If it's a marriage, then:

To: Date of divorce (as CIC defines 'Divorce' as that you are officially separated and have legally ended your marriage)

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
Hello every one, I am sponsoring my parents and my co-signer is my husbands who is sponsoring his parents at the same time, I am not sure if the family size should be 4 or 6. The income is enough for 6 but I am afraid if I write the wrong number in the forms our file gets rejected!

My point is he is applying to sponsor his parents the sponsorship has not been granted yet, so should I count his parents as previous undertaking people or not?!

Thanks a lot :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello every one, I am sponsoring my parents and my co-signer is my husbands who is sponsoring his parents at the same time, I am not sure if the family size should be 4 or 6. The income is enough for 6 but I am afraid if I write the wrong number in the forms our file gets rejected!

My point is he is applying to sponsor his parents the sponsorship has not been granted yet, so should I count his parents as previous undertaking people or not?!

Yes, his parents should be included in the family size as well. So if you have no kids, and parents have no dependents, that's family size of 6 for all 3 previous years of income.

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
Yes, his parents should be included in the family size as well. So if you have no kids, and parents have no dependents, that's family size of 6 for all 3 previous years of income.
Thank you Rob, have you ever heard of a similar case?! Or have you heard file getting rejected or sent back for not filling undertaking number right?!

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Thank you Rob, have you ever heard of a similar case?! Or have you heard file getting rejected or sent back for not filling undertaking number right?!
That is true, in fact it is listed in the form of people who being sponsored as well. If you have no kids and the 4 parents have no children under 22 or no children who are dependent due to disability then total number is 6 for all previous 3 years, faling to put the right number will result in denial as it is used to compare financial requirements which is the most important criteria for PGP sponsorship

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014

Hi VinaVolla, Here is what I think of your case.

You and Your Husband are living as a family, no kids yet.
Your parents are living out of Canada, but not dependent on you.
Your Husband's parents are living out of Canada , but not dependent on him presently.

Now after submitting interest to apply , You received Invitation to Apply and Your Husband has not.

That means, for this application, Being submitted by you as sponsor and your Husband as Co-signer, This would be the total number.

Sponsor 1
Spouse 1
Kids 0
Principal Applicant 1
Dependent of PA 1

Total 4.

I am assuming that Your husband has never submitted the sponsorship agreement for his parents yet.

In future when your Husband fills the application for his parents, your family size would be 2 + 2 + 2 then.

My assumption may be incorrect , but its based on the info you have typed in your post.

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
That is true, in fact it is listed in the form of people who being sponsored as well. If you have no kids and the 4 parents have no children under 22 or no children who are dependent due to disability then total number is 6 for all previous 3 years, faling to put the right number will result in denial as it is used to compare financial requirements which is the most important criteria for PGP sponsorship
No kids and no dependence. We both filled forms considering 6 people for the financial purpose but then got concern about rejection for writing the wrong number. The other question I have is that in case we do name change in only the province should we mention that in the forms or it makes confusion? Basically we asked for name change in the province but it is not confirmed yet, apparently it takes a couple of months to proceed.

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
Hi VinaVolla, Here is what I think of your case.

You and Your Husband are living as a family, no kids yet.
Your parents are living out of Canada, but not dependent on you.
Your Husband's parents are living out of Canada , but not dependent on him presently.

Now after submitting interest to apply , You received Invitation to Apply and Your Husband has not.

That means, for this application, Being submitted by you as sponsor and your Husband as Co-signer, This would be the total number.

Sponsor 1
Spouse 1
Kids 0
Principal Applicant 1
Dependent of PA 1

Total 4.

I am assuming that Your husband has never submitted the sponsorship agreement for his parents yet.

In future when your Husband fills the application for his parents, your family size would be 2 + 2 + 2 then.

My assumption may be incorrect , but its based on the info you have typed in your post.
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. We both got the invitation, and that is why we are applying the same time. I know it is rare and we were lucky in this matter!

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. We both got the invitation, and that is why we are applying the same time. I know it is rare and we were lucky in this matter!
Oh wow, thats the luck at its best. You folks are really lucky.

In that case, the number should be 6.