+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Hi,

I applied to sponsor my parents in 2017, got AOR and waiting for sponsorship approval. Our family size right now is 5 (me, hubby, baby, my father and my mother). I had enough income for 2014, 2015, 2016 meeting the requirements for family size 5.

The question is if I apply for supervisa for my in laws (mother in law and father in law), would that increase my family size to 7? I am worried because we dont have enough income for family size 7, would that effect current processing of permanent residence file of my parents. I havent applied for supervisa for in-law's yet.

Thank you for replying in advance.

ppphoebe.zs

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Nov 16 application submitted
Nov 17 application received
Dec 22 be able to check status on ecas
Dec 22 be able to link application to MyAccount using the following info:
Last/First name, DOB, passport info, number of applicants = 4, me, my parents, my husband is the co-signer (even though my husband is also sponsoring his parents, and we have a baby, total family size is 7)

A good update on my birthday. :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. And good luck to those ones who will be entering the draw for 2018 intake.

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

I applied to sponsor my parents in 2017, got AOR and waiting for sponsorship approval. Our family size right now is 5 (me, hubby, baby, my father and my mother). I had enough income for 2014, 2015, 2016 meeting the requirements for family size 5.

The question is if I apply for supervisa for my in laws (mother in law and father in law), would that increase my family size to 7? I am worried because we dont have enough income for family size 7, would that effect current processing of permanent residence file of my parents. I havent applied for supervisa for in-law's yet.

Supervisa has nothing to do with sponsorship LICO income table chart. The income requirement is only for sponsorship program not for supervisa. You are fine to apply for supervisa any time for your in laws.

Reactions: Danaan

redd01

Dec 23, 2017
Okay I am thinking about sponsoring my parents but I have a few questions I need clarification. Will try to be as clear as possible with not too much revealing info.

Family size - not Canadian /PR
Dad
Mum
sister 1 (on study permit here in Canada, 21 years <DOB dec 2017>) *not really doing well in school hence the need for sponsorship*
sister 2 (21 years <DOB dec 2017> - study permit in Europe *will have to return home upon graduation*)
sister 3 (17 years - will be starting university on a study permit in APRIL 2018)
brother 1 (10 years *with mum and dad*).

Dad and mum both working (5 years till retirement *middle class - we try to get by*) dad doesn't really want to move to Canada. I just want to be able to sponsor my siblings so they can pay cheaper fees.

So ideally, I would like to sponsor all 6 of them - meaning i would have to prove minimum income for 7 people. so far my salary has been increasing over the past 3 years .. currently at 72k per year previous years have been 69K and 65k respectively. There is no cosigner (ideally I would love to have both parents cosign but I guess i cant cos they dont pay taxes here / live here / don't have PR.

Question 1
so I'm guessing my minimum income only permits 5 persons (that's including me) ?

Question 2
Can I sponsor only mum and not dad ? That way I can have room to wriggle in my 17 year old sister ?

Question 3
I have 2 older brothers that have become PR - can they sponsor the remaining siblings or will my last 2 siblings just have to figure it out for themselves? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?

Please any information will be appreciated. I'm just ready to gather documents with the hope that I will get an invite to submit documents

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi,

sure not :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Okay I am thinking about sponsoring my parents but I have a few questions I need clarification. Will try to be as clear as possible with not too much revealing info.

Family size - not Canadian /PR
Dad
Mum
sister 1 (on study permit here in Canada, 21 years <DOB dec 2017>) *not really doing well in school hence the need for sponsorship*
sister 2 (21 years <DOB dec 2017> - study permit in Europe *will have to return home upon graduation*)
sister 3 (17 years - will be starting university on a study permit in APRIL 2018)
brother 1 (10 years *with mum and dad*).

Dad and mum both working (5 years till retirement *middle class - we try to get by*) dad doesn't really want to move to Canada. I just want to be able to sponsor my siblings so they can pay cheaper fees.

So ideally, I would like to sponsor all 6 of them - meaning i would have to prove minimum income for 7 people. so far my salary has been increasing over the past 3 years .. currently at 72k per year previous years have been 69K and 65k respectively. There is no cosigner (ideally I would love to have both parents cosign but I guess i cant cos they dont pay taxes here / live here / don't have PR.

Question 1
so I'm guessing my minimum income only permits 5 persons (that's including me) ?

Question 2
Can I sponsor only mum and not dad ? That way I can have room to wriggle in my 17 year old sister ?

Question 3
I have 2 older brothers that have become PR - can they sponsor the remaining siblings or will my last 2 siblings just have to figure it out for themselves? WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?

Please any information will be appreciated. I'm just ready to gather documents with the hope that I will get an invite to submit documents
On what specific date do your sisters turn 22?? You will only qualify to sponsor your parents after they turn 22 so can be left off the application. Until then, they must be included in your family size.

Even at 5 people family size, do you mean these specific incomes?
2016 $66,654
2015 $65,377
2014 $64,791

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Okay I am thinking about sponsoring my parents but I have a few questions I need clarification.
Question 2
you can sponsor 1 parent but family size counts 7 anyway! in case 2 sisters already 21 this year

Reactions: redd01

husain_PGP

Dec 23, 2017
I came to canada in 2015 under spousal sponsorship. I would definitely meet financial requirement for 2016 and 2017 but not 2015 :( I dont meet the income requirement for 2015 only by a little bit.. HAS ANYONE WHO HASNT MET THE INCOME REQUIREMENTS FOR ONE OF THE YEARS STILL GOT AN INVITATION TO APPLY?!!?!? CAN CIC MAKE AN EXCEPTION CONSIDERING ME AND MY COSIGNER EARN $110K PER ANNUM NOW? :(

can we not express consent and choose the "year" in which we want to sponsor? like for me, if i can choose 2019 cuz i'll have met income requirements for 16/17/18?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I came to canada in 2015 under spousal sponsorship. I would definitely meet financial requirement for 2016 and 2017 but not 2015 :( I dont meet the income requirement for 2015 only by a little bit.. HAS ANYONE WHO HASNT MET THE INCOME REQUIREMENTS FOR ONE OF THE YEARS STILL GOT AN INVITATION TO APPLY?!!?!? CAN CIC MAKE AN EXCEPTION CONSIDERING ME AND MY COSIGNER EARN $110K PER ANNUM NOW? :(

can we not express consent and choose the "year" in which we want to sponsor? like for me, if i can choose 2019 cuz i'll have met income requirements for 16/17/18?
No, there are no exceptions. You follow the same rules as everyone else, regardless of what your income is today.

Harshaman

Nov 8, 2017
I received AOR on November 20 and waiting for SA.
File received in Mississauga om 26th July
I received Aor on 8h Nov, received an email on 19th Dec for my co-signer's 3 years Noa and my father's death certificate.
I am sponsoring my mom. For fastest service, the office mentioned the documents to be faxed.

Harshaman

Nov 8, 2017
Hello Yulia,

Can you please update my information on spreadsheet.

Intake 2017 first round
Username - Harshaman
Application received in Mississauga office on 26th July 2017
AOR email 8th Nov 2017
Document request email 19th Dec 2017
In the document request they asked for my wife's 3 year Noa and my dad's death certificate. For fastest service they wanted the the documents by fax.
I have faxed the documents the other day, should I also mail the docs ? please advice.

Thanks,

Reactions: YULIA-2016

jbhkaur

Aug 2, 2015
Supervisa has nothing to do with sponsorship LICO income table chart. The income requirement is only for sponsorship program not for supervisa. You are fine to apply for supervisa any time for your in laws.
Thank you for replying, but you think that would increase my family size?