+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents final PR landing

canada119

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
How long would it take to receive final landing appointment from local CIC office?
My parents have received confirmation for PR however I am still waiting to received email from local office about final landing appointment.

CIC agent mentioned to me that once you request for landing appointment, it would take upto 6 weeks. Do they really take upto 6 weeks time just to send us final invitation for landing?

thank you for your input in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
How long would it take to receive final landing appointment from local CIC office?
My parents have received confirmation for PR however I am still waiting to received email from local office about final landing appointment.

CIC agent mentioned to me that once you request for landing appointment, it would take upto 6 weeks. Do they really take upto 6 weeks time just to send us final invitation for landing?

thank you for your input in advance!
Yes, it can take that long. The other option is to flagpole at the Canada-US border.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
you sure?
Can you please help me on Flagpole procedure with little more detail?

thank you for help in advance...!
Yes.

They go to the border and tell US CBP that they are flagpoling. CBP will turn them back around to Canada with admin refusals and they will complete their landing with CBSA.

Reactions: canada119

canada119

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
Yes.

They go to the border and tell US CBP that they are flagpoling. CBP will turn them back around to Canada with admin refusals and they will complete their landing with CBSA.
Thank you very much! I was bit concern at first place that Flagpoling also required US Visa