28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
Can we Both (me and my wife) submit Parents and Grandparents 2020 sponsorship form for our parents?
Yes, as long as you meet income requirements.

• Love
Reactions: MoE93

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my parents (Mother and Father) together with my younger brother (5years old). Do I need to include all their names on the form? Or just one of my parent and rest are his dependents?
Thanks.

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
Hi guys,

I want to sponsor my parents (Mother and Father) together with my younger brother (5years old). Do I need to include all their names on the form? Or just one of my parent and rest are his dependents?
Thanks.
As far as I know, you can only sponsor your Parents/Grandparents with this sponsorship, So you can fill the form for your father and mother. and You can't include your brother in this application. it is only for parents/grandparents. for your brother you can talk to the lawyer and see if you can sponsor him later on when your parents come.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, you can only sponsor your Parents/Grandparents with this sponsorship, So you can fill the form for your father and mother. and You can't include your brother in this application. it is only for parents/grandparents. for your brother you can talk to the lawyer and see if you can sponsor him later on when your parents come.
This is incorrect. microbio1 can add the 5 year old brother as dependant once the parents/grandparents application is selected.

wisdom7

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Canada
I lost my parents at very young age. So my most senior brother raised me up. He's the one I know as my father all my life.
Can I sponsor him and his wife who also acted as my mum till I became a man. They both sponsored my education till I graduated and relocated to Canada. I want to reciprocate, and appreciate them by sponsoring them to come here. Why can't I sponsor him and the wife?

Last edited:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I lost my parents at very young age. So my most senior brother raised me up. He's the one I know as my father all my life.
Can I sponsor him and his wife who also acted as my mum till I became a man. They both sponsored my education till I graduated and relocated to Canada. I want to reciprocate, and appreciate them by sponsoring them to come here. Why can't I sponsor him and the wife?
You can sponsor him and his wife under the alone in Canada clause, assuming you are not married or common law, have no children, have no relatives that are PR or Canadian. But not under the PGP as he is not your parent.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wisdom7

By looking at your post history, seems you should had sponsor your brother in 2017 before you got married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Based on your previous posts, you have a spouse, so unfortunately you cannot sponsor your brother. As said above, you would need to be alone in Canada with no spouse or other family members to qualify to sponsor your brother. Unfortunately you don't meet these requirements.

However your brother will gain additional points for having a sibling in Canada if he applies through Express Entry. You can help your brother by working with him to determine if he or his wife qualify to be the primary applicant for an Express Entry application and/or by exploring the PNP programs. Depending on which province you live in, your brother may get additional points through PNP.

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
if your parents are no longer with us .. your case could be compelling but you will have to convince the visa officer that your brother and wife have taken up that role for you.. if you have other siblings, im aafraid this wont work.. it only works if your brother is your only surviving relative

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys,

Thanks.
include the names of everyone in your 'family size' your younger brother is your parents dependent so he has to be included

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys,
Can we Both (me and my wife) submit Parents and Grandparents 2020 sponsorship form for our parents?
let me tell u a trick; if both of you have met the income requirements, each of u should submit an application as the principal applicant for your total size and have the other as a cosigner. boom , 2 applications increases ur chances of being selected

Reactions: MoE93

ns0508

Sep 26, 2020
hi Guys,

I would like to sponsor my mother along with my sister (who is her dependent child and will be accompanying her) . Can you please suggest/advise what should i fill in under "Your parents' and grandparents' information" section of the interest to Sponsor Form? as this section quotes

"Provide the names and dates of birth for each of the parents and grandparents you wish to sponsor. You won't need to provide the information of their non-accompanying spouse/partner or dependent children"

so.. i guess i need to fill in my mother and my sister's information?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
hi Guys,

I would like to sponsor my mother along with my sister (who is her dependent child and will be accompanying her) . Can you please suggest/advise what should i fill in under "Your parents' and grandparents' information" section of the interest to Sponsor Form? as this section quotes

"Provide the names and dates of birth for each of the parents and grandparents you wish to sponsor. You won't need to provide the information of their non-accompanying spouse/partner or dependent children"

Is you father alive?

MoE93

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ottawa
hi Guys,

you only need your parents information for now, once you got selected then you can add ur sister/dependents information later on with your parents application