+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and brother (Visitor Visa) questions

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

1. Hey Guys, I have some questions.

My case is bit different. If you can help that would be greatly appreciated !

I am Canadian permanent resident and working as a Clinical Pharmacist in Canada. Earning $100k plus amount. I got married last year and my wife's file is still running in last stage to get permanent resident.

Now, I want to apply visitor Visa for my parents and my brother. They Will be completely dependent on me. I will pay everything for them. I will attach separate letter with invitation letter that I will be my responsibility to pay it .
    From flight to hotel booking I will show them they are coming here for 20 days only.

Dad - 63 years old retired from self employed in 2015. It return is not fille.

Mother - 55 years old. Housewife. Not filed tax return ever.

We have house and 2 big stores in India (property).

Q 1 - do we need to file tax return for my dad ?
    Retired in 2015. He was self employed in past. They are not earning money which is going to bank account.

Q2 - Parents and brother have joint bank account.
    Balance is $16000.. joint account is fine ?

Q3 - brother(26 years old) is doing self employment business - (Catering ).
    He should have tax filed for last 2 year ?
    Or 1 year is fine ?

He never have deposited money in his personal account what he is earning.

Is it necessary that we put his bank statement separately ?

Note- I am making common visitor Visa application for them....

Q4 - what kind of proof I can show them that they will return from Canada ?

For example - Brother have to start work because he got booking for someone's marriage ?

If I tell them my brother has marriage in India will they ask proof ? If yes than what proofs I will have to provide them ?

Q5 - my wife's file is already running for permanent resident. (Sponcership)
    Does it matter if I sponcer my parents and brother ?

I just need some help so I can make my brother's file more stronger.. any tips and help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you So much for giving your precious time !
Short advice:
Do NOT apply for your parents or your brother at the moment. Their financial situation is a mess. It would seem like they are tax evaders who are paid cash, but they do not file their tax returns.

For their own good, they would want to sort out their financial situation ASAP before the tax authorities start investigating. And, travel abroad will only speed up this investigation.

With all financial transactions linked to core banking, they are likely to face tax scrutiny considering they have stores and businesses.... and they have possibly not applied for GST registrations.... do not have credit cards.... do not have no loans or mortgages.... all cash payments (not sure how they are able to get away with this)

Saf10

Nov 1, 2018
Short advice:
Do NOT apply for your parents or your brother at the moment. Their financial situation is a mess. It would seem like they are tax evaders who are paid cash, but they do not file their tax returns.

For their own good, they would want to sort out their financial situation ASAP before the tax authorities start investigating. And, travel abroad will only speed up this investigation.

With all financial transactions linked to core banking, they are likely to face tax scrutiny considering they have stores and businesses.... and they have possibly not applied for GST registrations.... do not have credit cards.... do not have no loans or mortgages.... all cash payments (not sure how they are able to get away with this)
Hey,
you are actually getting wrong meaning. In india, If someone is earning more than 2,50,000 rupess than they have to pay tax.

My brother is already filing tax return. my father is retired in 2015. he is completely dependent on me and so is my mother.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey,
you are actually getting wrong meaning. In india, If someone is earning more than 2,50,000 rupess than they have to pay tax.

My brother is already filing tax return. my father is retired in 2015. he is completely dependent on me and so is my mother.
I'm pretty sure I did not misinterpret your now deleted post.

1. You had asked if your brother should file his tax returns for the last two years. BTW the time limit for filing taxes is one year. This means your brother cannot file his taxes retrospectively for the last two years.

2. Even if someone's income is below the taxable limits, s/he must file their tax returns as 'Nil returns'.

3. You mentioned your brother does not deposit his money (income) in a bank account. This makes it seem like he is paid in cash, no taxes, not deposited in a bank account and cannot be traced.

4. You asked if IRCC will ask for proofs if your brother states he is getting married. This seems like a false reason to return to India.

If your brother is earning less than the taxable limit of INR 250,000 then it means his monthly income earned from his business is less than INR 20,000 which is extremely low.... both in terms of finances for his visit + as an employment tie to return to.

I still recommend your family must sort out their financial and tax situation before applying. It's their choice of course