+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parental Sponsorship - Special Requests from Visa Officers

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
Hello,

My parent's immigration application is in a unique situation. All the requirements have been fulfilled EXCEPT that they need information about my father's stay in the United States from 1995 to 2003, which is 16 years ago. They want photocopies of all the statuses he had throughout stay there. My father is actually very infirm now and hardly remember where he put all the documents, and the Pakistani passports back then use to be manually made, and it was taken by the government when new machine-readable passports were introduced. Long story short, we don't have any documentation regarding his status in U.S.

My question is, what might be the reason the Visa Officer is asking for such a requirement? ,

What are my options to comply with the visa officer request? ,

Can the visa officer refuse the application solely based on the lack of paperwork from 15 years ago, while all the other requirements are being fulfilled?

What might be the worst-case scenario? if the refusal based on this is the worst-case, what are muy chances to re-apply again since this situation will still stand?

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Any help will be well appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My parent's immigration application is in a unique situation. All the requirements have been fulfilled EXCEPT that they need information about my father's stay in the United States from 1995 to 2003, which is 16 years ago. They want photocopies of all the statuses he had throughout stay there. My father is actually very infirm now and hardly remember where he put all the documents, and the Pakistani passports back then use to be manually made, and it was taken by the government when new machine-readable passports were introduced. Long story short, we don't have any documentation regarding his status in U.S.

My question is, what might be the reason the Visa Officer is asking for such a requirement? ,

What are my options to comply with the visa officer request? ,

Can the visa officer refuse the application solely based on the lack of paperwork from 15 years ago, while all the other requirements are being fulfilled?

What might be the worst-case scenario? if the refusal based on this is the worst-case, what are muy chances to re-apply again since this situation will still stand?

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Any help will be well appreciated.
My only guess is that they want to verify information he has provided in his PR application regarding his status during his time in the US. Was he there under a work permit or something along those lines?

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
My only guess is that they want to verify information he has provided in his PR application regarding his status during his time in the US. Was he there under a work permit or something along those lines?
based on what he told me, he went there as a visitor, then he found an employer who got him the work authorization which expired after 5 years and consulted a lawyer to get his authorization renewed but didn't happen and he was without status for the last 2 years over there. he never got deported or arrested though. He came back to Pakistan because me and my sister were growing up and he wanted to be with family. Same story as millions of foreign workers in US.

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
And that's what I need the help with. If we don't have any documentation available that verifies his stay, what can be the worst outcome? I tried contacting the consulate of US but they don't have any precedent to issue or kept that information as the Visa was issued over 25 years ago. Not sure what to send to the visa officer,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And that's what I need the help with. If we don't have any documentation available that verifies his stay, what can be the worst outcome? I tried contacting the consulate of US but they don't have any precedent to issue or kept that information as the Visa was issued over 25 years ago. Not sure what to send to the visa officer,
Is there any chance he was ordered to leave the US and failed to declare this in the PR application? Or that he provided other incorrect information about his time in the US in the PR application? Even if you father doesn't remember or can't tell you - your mother must remeber.

Incorret information in the PR application can sometimes be extremely problematic. On the extreme end, it can result in a refusal and ban.

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
Is there any chance he was ordered to leave the US and failed to declare this in the PR application? Or that he provided other incorrect information about his time in the US in the PR application? Even if you father doesn't remember or can't tell you - your mother must remeber.

Incorrect information in the PR application can sometimes be extremely problematic. On the extreme end, it can result in a refusal and ban.
No! he was never asked to leave the country. He left voluntarily, and on the PR application, we did mention everything to his best knowledge and everything stated on the PR application was to all of our best knowledge... But again, the question is how am I going to comply with their request when I don't have any documentation.

arsii

Apr 15, 2016
If he is too sick to remember his time in the US how did he pass the medical?
He is old.... but not sick... whatever he could remember such as the name of the employer the duration of stay and the timeline, we mentioned it on the application... but he doesn’t remember where he put the paperwork and his laminated work authorization card since it’s been too long and they’ve moved few times after that.