+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parental sponsorship/ complex case about Taxes requested by CIC

crimoqui

Jul 9, 2013
So I'm hoping somebody can guide me a little bit with application to sponsor my parents from Ecuador to Canada ( I live in Canada)

I sent an application back in 2009, my girlfriend was my cosigner, we were bringing her mom, and my mom and dad so we were 5, and back then between the both of us (my ex now) would be above of the amount required to bring our parents.

I received recently (june 2013) a letter from CIC requesting for my taxes from the year I sent my application the first time (2009) and some additional documentation about my parents. Now my problems are

- 2 years after my application my ex (still cosigner) was receiving welfare, and after that file for bankrupt, which she is discharge now. So does that my affect my sponsorship application at all?

- second, her(my cosginer) and I we are not together anymore, obviously we have lived in different places (same city) for the last 2 years (since we broke up). Is there anyway CIC finds out this since we never update our situation in regards of our relationship or application, in fact we are good friends and she is still willing to continue with the sponsorship for my parents.

- since I'm not longer with my ex girlfriend, my situation has changed in regards of my income, and I don't reach the request amount to bring my parents, so I would like to know what to do.

-another point is my ex girlfriends mother (also in the sponsorship application) passed away few months ago so, that case is closed althought we never updated or notify CIC. We assume.

- what should I do? Should I just send the information (taxes) without notifying CIC of all this mess, is there any way they just never find out of all these situation have someone had a complex case like this one? Please help or suggest any ideas of what to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Send CIC only what they have asked for. It's difficult to say if they will find out the other details of your situation or not. If they do, you should expect your parent's application to be refused.