+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parental sponsorship 2019: questions about police certificate request

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
Hi:
I received a request for police certificate + other requests.
The mentioned the following: "Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
- The country where they currently live; and
- Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable). "

Questions:
- Do I need also obtain the police certificate of the spouse (my father) even if the spouse is not coming to Canada (the spouse's information was put in the original application and it was indicated that he is not coming)
- If the applicant has lived more than 6 months in a country 30 years ago, does the applicant still need to apply for police certificate? (I remembered in the past when I applied for PR there was something like within the 10 years but I cannot find it here so probably there is no time limit :( )
- "Your Travels (IMM 5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form." Similar to first question, does the spouse who is not coming to Canada but he was put in the application needs to fill this form?
- "Details of Military Service - IMM 5546 (if applicable)". Does the applicant need to fill this form at all if s/he never served in military or similar post (i.e., just submit the form with N/A all over?)?

Thanks