+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent visitor visa (TRV) timeline- Applied on 1 July

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
applied from india .. no , vfs is closed.. i am not sure if they are going to proceed further on the application.. any one has an isea how they are processing the application

MOHAMAD11

Star Member
Sep 1, 2019
No. They wont proceed his application till he will give his biometrics. Even though if the VFS will be open and he does his biometrics it will take longer time as the application submited from Feb, March, April, May and june are still waiting for the result. My application submited to CIC on 10th April and still no update.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi Guys, can you please share the current timeline for TRV. I applied for my dad TRV on 1 July 2020.
Just keep in touch. Ping me once you get anymore updates. So do i.. iv applied for my mother in law.. on July 1st. Just as u did.. hope vfs in hyderabad open earliest. Her tickets where booked for August 3rd.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
how can you book tickets when you know all the vfs centres are closed. you guys need to know these are not normal times. no travel in 2020. applications are processed but at a very slow speed due to shortage of staff and no application will be processed without biometrics.
Tickets where booked in march.. she just didn't apply for visa.. thought to do today or tomorrow. Then later it was too late as covid has shown what it is.. we been waiting for things will settle down. But its July. Its still as worst it was in India.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
dis u received biometric?
Yes received on 2nd July. Just watching vfs hyderabad page often to see when it opens and ready to jump in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Tickets where booked in march.. she just didn't apply for visa.. thought to do today or tomorrow. Then later it was too late as covid has shown what it is.. we been waiting for things will settle down. But its July. Its still as worst it was in India.
Unfortunate that she didn’t apply earlier. Even with covid 1 month may have not been enough time. Many waited longer before covid. Hopefully tickets are refundable or might get cancelled on there own.

jcoco

Sep 9, 2014
My parents have "Visitor Visa". They arrived in Canada on Sept 18, 2019. In January 2020, we applied online to extend their stay up to Sept 17, 2020. They underwent medical exams on Jun 18, 2020 as required on the application (not upfront), & luckily, they passed the medicals. Their application for extension was eventually approved.
Question: If we again apply online to extend their stay, will they be required to do another set of medical exams? I know medical exams are valid for 1 year, but I just want to ask if anyone here had a similar application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents have "Visitor Visa". They arrived in Canada on Sept 18, 2019. In January 2020, we applied online to extend their stay up to Sept 17, 2020. They underwent medical exams on Jun 18, 2020 as required on the application (not upfront), & luckily, they passed the medicals. Their application for extension was eventually approved.
Question: If we again apply online to extend their stay, will they be required to do another set of medical exams? I know medical exams are valid for 1 year, but I just want to ask if anyone here had a similar application.
Impossible to say. If it is still during the 1 year they won’t be asked.

Amir1523

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
No. They wont proceed his application till he will give his biometrics. Even though if the VFS will be open and he does his biometrics it will take longer time as the application submited from Feb, March, April, May and june are still waiting for the result. My application submited to CIC on 10th April and still no update.
Hi there,
Have you submitted your application for a parent who reside in Iran? If yes, we are in the same boat as I also applied on June 31st & waiting for the result. Due to your message, it seems to be a lengthy process & at least four more months to wait, right?

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
Hi Guys, I am waiting for my dad visitor visa from June 2020. He has not his biometric as VAC is not accepting biometric request for visitors in India. Anyone in same situation like me .