+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Visitor visa Question (Why do you need a visa?)

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply Visitor visa for my Mother-in-law as we are planning to bring her and stay with us in Canada for my wife's childbirth. I was confused with what to select from the below options. This is as per IRCC portal.

I am Mainly confused with these 2 options as to which one to select :-

Why do you need a visa? (required)
To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support.
OR
To visit my family

The closest and best option in my opinion is "To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support" But I am still not very sure about it.
Can someone please help me with the best answer?

I have also attached the image link below for all the options as per the portal can someone please guide me?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-dvpFuumubz5la_oUVH-PTNFuY7ikrXE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply Visitor visa for my Mother-in-law as we are planning to bring her and stay with us in Canada for my wife's childbirth. I was confused with what to select from the below options. This is as per IRCC portal.

I am Mainly confused with these 2 options as to which one to select :-

Why do you need a visa? (required)
To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support.
OR
To visit my family

I have also attached the image link below for all the options as per the portal can someone please guide me?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-dvpFuumubz5la_oUVH-PTNFuY7ikrXE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance.
Visit family

Priyank09

Jan 28, 2018
So I this case what option should I select can you please point me? as I me and my wife both are PR and we are trying to apply visa for my mother-in-law.
I am not able to find the matching options to what you told from this list here on the portal-

* Why do you need a visa? (required)
  1. To be with a loved one who is critically ill or dying
  2. To provide care for a loved one who needs medical support.
  3. To attend a funeral or end-of-life ceremony
  4. To join a vessel as a marine crew member
  5. To take up a diplomatic posting in Canada
  6. To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
  7. To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
  8. To visit Canada as a tourist
  9. To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  10. To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
  11. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  12. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
  13. To visit my children or grandchildren for more than 6 months (super visa)
  14. For business reasons, like a meeting, conference, event, or training
  15. For a medical procedure (scheduled) or treatment
  16. To study without a permit for less than 6 months
  17. To work without a permit
  18. Not sure

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am not able to find the matching options to what you told from this list here on the portal-

6. To travel as an accompanying immediate family member of a diplomat arriving on a posting, and who will also be accredited in Canada
  7. To handle the affairs of a victim of Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752
  9. To visit my spouse, common-law partner, dependent child, parent, steps-parent, guardian or tutor who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  10. To visit my spouse, common law partner, dependent child, parent, step-parent, guardian or tutor who is in Canada temporarily, such as an international student or temporary worker
  11. To visit my grandparent, grandchild, sibling, half-sibling, step-sibling or non-dependent child who is a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada's Indian Act or permanent resident of Canada
  12. To visit other family who are not listed above or friends for less than 6 months
  18. Not sure

Reactions: Priyank09

jaytam

Mar 16, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply Visitor visa for my parents as we are planning to bring them and stay with us in Canada for less than 6 month. I was confused with what to select from the below options. This is as per IRCC portal.

18. Not sure

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply Visitor visa for my parents as we are planning to bring them and stay with us in Canada for less than 6 month. I was confused with what to select from the below options. This is as per IRCC portal.

18. Not sure
Depends on your status.