Parent visitor visa got rejected

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife applied for my mother in law visitor visa, we have recently got out PR and applied for her to come and stay. we've been in Canada for 5 years and never visited back. my mother in law is single and doesn't work and also doesn't have a place of her own. she gets pension money but she has once visited my brother in law once in Germany almost 6 years ago So she has a Schengen. but her visa to visit got refused. I attached LOI and me and my wife's work letters. ( I have a stable job and my wife has started her own business last year and hasn't filed taxes yet so I just put her business registration form). the reasons are as below:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Can you please help me? what should I do? my wife also has depression and takes medication for almost a year and its very important for me to bring her mother here to visit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Me and my wife applied for my mother in law visitor visa, we have recently got out PR and applied for her to come and stay. we've been in Canada for 5 years and never visited back. my mother in law is single and doesn't work and also doesn't have a place of her own. she gets pension money but she has once visited my brother in law once in Germany almost 6 years ago So she has a Schengen. but her visa to visit got refused. I attached LOI and me and my wife's work letters. ( I have a stable job and my wife has started her own business last year and hasn't filed taxes yet so I just put her business registration form). the reasons are as below:

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
- The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Can you please help me? what should I do? my wife also has depression and takes medication for almost a year and its very important for me to bring her mother here to visit.
Order GCMS notes. She needs to show her own funds, travel history (UK, US, NZ, AUS), ties to return and valid reason to travel. So how long was her visit? How much did she show in her own funds? What are her ties to return (job, investments, properties, children under 22)?

Reactions: zanakam

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Everyone,

Adding you just GOT your PR . Like recently. It’s irrelevant that you’ve been here for five years and never visited .
The officer thinks she might be coming to set up camp with her daughter now that she got PR.
What’s stopping you from visiting her ?

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Order GCMS notes. She needs to show her own funds, travel history (UK, US, NZ, AUS), ties to return and valid reason to travel. So how long was her visit? How much did she show in her own funds? What are her ties to return (job, investments, properties, children under 22)?
I did order the note, hopefully, the right one as it didn't ask me to pay. She wanted to visit for 1,5 months. the funds were roughly 5k, I also put a bank statement for 25k, again she is a single homemaker mom. Her son is a German citizen and she visited her once 6 years ago. no other kids, she has recently bought a presale home, but overall there are not much.

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Adding you just GOT your PR . Like recently. It’s irrelevant that you’ve been here for five years and never visited .
The officer thinks she might be coming to set up camp with her daughter now that she got PR.
What’s stopping you from visiting her ?
I can not go back as I haven't served the mandatory military, also since we are a minority it is not so safe for us. She once visited her son in Germany 6 years ago for 3 months and doesn't want to stay. Also, my wife has depression and takes medication and we were thinking of getting a letter from our family doctor to add as well.

but is there something you guys can think of that would be helpful for her case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did order the note, hopefully, the right one as it didn't ask me to pay. She wanted to visit for 1,5 months. the funds were roughly 5k, I also put a bank statement for 25k, again she is a single homemaker mom. Her son is a German citizen and she visited her once 6 years ago.
That is a long visit with little to no funds, and with not ties to return. $5k is not even enough fYour funds not relevant. She needs to increase funds and show ties to return. Where did you order notes from? Showing a doctor’s note may not help the application at all. It may show IRCC that mother in law will not leave if daughter not mentally well. Also what is the point of the doctor’s note?

Reactions: zanakam

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
I see,
That is a long visit with little to no funds, and with not ties to return. $5k is not even enough fYour funds not relevant. She needs to increase funds and show ties to return. Where did you order notes from? Showing a doctor’s note may not help the application at all. It may show IRCC that mother in law will not leave if daughter not mentally well. Also what is the point of the doctor’s note?
I was hoping the dr note would help the case, we can show higher funds, but that's all, would the funds themselves help? also, with her Schengen visa she still got rejected.
i ordered the note from here: Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request (apps.gc.ca) , but it didn't charge me! i thought it would be $5

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I see,

I was hoping the dr note would help the case, we can show higher funds, but that's all, would the funds themselves help? also, with her Schengen visa she still got rejected.
i ordered the note from here: Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request (apps.gc.ca) , but it didn't charge me! i thought it would be $5
The reason for refusal is - The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. This can mean many things. Most likely it is a 1.5 month visit (too long) and you are new PRS, and she has no ties to return home. She needs to show strong ties. How can she (not you) show higher funds? Schengen visa has no impact on getting a Canadian visa. Wait for notes and see if funds part of the issue. A Dr. note may only add to IRCC’s concern that she will not return home at all. In fact, a Dr. Note can be seen as “care” and taking care of your spouse, which is considered work.

Reactions: zanakam and YVR123

zanakam

Star Member
Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
The reason for refusal is - The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. This can mean many things. Most likely it is a 1.5 month visit (too long) and you are new PRS, and she has no ties to return home. She needs to show strong ties. How can she (not you) show higher funds? Schengen visa has no impact on getting a Canadian visa. Wait for notes and see if funds part of the issue. A Dr. note may only add to IRCC’s concern that she will not return home at all. In fact, a Dr. Note can be seen as “care” and taking care of your spouse, which is considered work.
Thanks,
she can provide a bank account with a higher balance, like transferring all her money to one account and provide that. the problem is now we don't know how to prove that she will return, one lawyer told me you made a mistake that you mentioned she is divorced, but I don't want to lie on the application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks,
she can provide a bank account with a higher balance, like transferring all her money to one account and provide that. the problem is now we don't know how to prove that she will return, one lawyer told me you made a mistake that you mentioned she is divorced, but I don't want to lie on the application.
So she needs to figure out what are her ties to return.