+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent Visitor Visa Extension or Not?

bobbytetz

Feb 2, 2015
Here is my current situation.
My parent is currently here in Canada on multi entry visa. His flight back home is in a month (and that will be a few days before the 6 months entry period). His flight got cancelled (due to the Cover and they rescheduled him for a later date flight (pass the 6 months). So my question are:
Does my father need to apply for the visitor record for my father if he is staying here 1 week pass the 6 month period? Any consequences in the future?
If he apply for the visitor record, how long does it take to process? It is showing 120 days as of now to process.
It seems like the paper form has less things to fill out than online process?

It is hard to project what will happen next due to COVID. Flight may get cancel on later date.

Thank you for your help.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but my view would be apply for a visitor extension as nobody has any idea what is going to happen with COVID even day by day let alone a month or two in the future.

Applying for an extension would mean that he would have implied status pending a decsion so makes no odds how long it takes to process he will continue to be legal which is important regardless of COVID. If he manages to leave a week after the 6 months then fine, if turns out to be a month or so then at least you have taken the necessary action to keep him in the country legally.