+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parent tourist visa

Sur986

May 16, 2019
Hi,
I am holding a closed work permit for an year and coming to Canada this June . My mother is totally dependent on me and I am planning to apply a tourist visa for her, her age is close to 70 and she is a pensioner with more than 2.5 lakhs amount + a house as a property. What are the chances and process to apply her tourist help. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Reactions: ishan261288

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am holding a closed work permit for an year and coming to Canada this June . My mother is totally dependent on me and I am planning to apply a tourist visa for her, her age is close to 70 and she is a pensioner with more than 2.5 lakhs amount + a house as a property. What are the chances and process to apply her tourist help. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
Information on how to apply is here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

To be approved, she will want to show strong ties to her home country and demonstrate she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. I would recommend that you come to Canada on the closed work permit first and she apply for the TRV a few months after you have arrived in Canada. If she applies now, this may make IRCC concerned you have plans to bring her to Canada long term.

Sur986

May 16, 2019
Thanks a ton for prompt reply.

What do you suggest for strong ties. We have one house and only three members in family.

Me and my wife would be travelling and she would be alone after that.

Appreciate your suggestions!!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If there are only three people in your family, and all of them would be in Canada, and you have no other ties to your home country, it will be hard to have her visa approved, unfortunately. It looks like you are trying to move your full family to Canada and end run the PGWP process, which you are of course ineligible for.

Sur986

May 16, 2019
Thanks for response.

I want to understand what are the aspects of strong ties. If I wish to give a try for it.
Can it be 1. Pension documents 2. Daughter and grandchildren. 3 property?

Regards,
Suraj Mathur

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My case was similar, my mom is a window and was in India. Me and my brother are only children and we both are Permanent Residents in Canada. Thus my mom had a pretty weak TRV case. I applied the TRV myself and it was approved.

- my mom get govt pension, and i specifically mentioned this stating that as per law she has to visit bank once in a year for her pension to continue. I even mentioned the govt websites link which states this
- then i attached her one year bank statement which had average balance of CAD 8K, and i mentioned that as her statement show day to day use, this shows that her life is well settled
- our property belongs to all three of us, but i still attached the English translated version and mentioned that she is the only care taker of the property.
- in end i mentioned that she is well settled in her life and that was the reason she never visited canada since i came to canada 8 years back, but now i would like to show her how i am settled in my live here in canada and thus would like to invite my mom for a temporary family visit.

And my mom's visa was approved and its been 2 weeks since she joined us !

Reactions: Sur986

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read below link, where first i wanted to apply for Super Visa for my mom but then went with suggestions on this forum and instead applied TRV.

Sur986

May 16, 2019
Thanks guys for the same!
I ll come and then apply for my mother's TRV.

Lets see how it goes
Regards,
Suraj

Sur986

May 16, 2019
My case was similar, my mom is a window and was in India. Me and my brother are only children and we both are Permanent Residents in Canada. Thus my mom had a pretty weak TRV case. I applied the TRV myself and it was approved.

- my mom get govt pension, and i specifically mentioned this stating that as per law she has to visit bank once in a year for her pension to continue. I even mentioned the govt websites link which states this
- then i attached her one year bank statement which had average balance of CAD 8K, and i mentioned that as her statement show day to day use, this shows that her life is well settled
- our property belongs to all three of us, but i still attached the English translated version and mentioned that she is the only care taker of the property.
- in end i mentioned that she is well settled in her life and that was the reason she never visited canada since i came to canada 8 years back, but now i would like to show her how i am settled in my live here in canada and thus would like to invite my mom for a temporary family visit.

And my mom's visa was approved and its been 2 weeks since she joined us !
Thanks for the same, can you please tell me how long a parent can stay in Canada on TRV and what should be the time in which she has to move out and come back to Canada ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
On a TRV will depend on the CBSA officer at the POE could be a few weeks or could be default 6 months Once in the country can try applying to extend stay as a visitor

Once an extension has been applied for can stay until decision made If rejected then assuming a multi entry TRV advice on here is to be out of country for similar time spent in country before returning

The difficulty is that the temp work program has no provision to bring anyone other than immediate family such as spouse and children

ishan261288

Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
Hi suraj, could you please update about your mother's TRV application? Did you apply for her visa yet?

RSS2015

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can someone please guide on parents visitor visa. My mother's visitor visa is expiring in May and she is currently visiting me in Canada. Can I apply for her visitor visa again (renewal) from Canada or would she need to go back to India for the same?

Thanks!